[3.1] BUDGET! Frostbreath + Ice Crash - 1 Million Shaper DPS

duplicated post - should be deleted
Last edited by Norky on Jan 16, 2018, 7:56:02 AM
"
reezagent wrote:
Did you manage to freeze shaper/elder or any guardian?

That's pretty difficult for any build. From the wiki: "Base freeze duration is 60 milliseconds for every 1% of the target's maximum life (before party scaling) dealt by Cold damage, up to a maximum of 50%. If the duration would be below 0.3 seconds, the freeze effect is not applied." I.e. if the cold damage hit is less than 5% of the mob life freeze will not apply. Data mining suggests that the Shaper has ~18.3M life, so one would need a hit of 18328731/20=916437 cold damage to even have a chance to freeze him. That's per hit, not DPS.

Note all this is calculated without including sources of increased freeze duration. I'm running a 20% Frostbite for 20% increased duration, but even then, I'd need a hit of 763697 to have a chance to freeze. It might be possible to freeze the Shaper, but you'd need a harder-hitting (read "slower") build, which is not what this build is about.

Don't confuse freeze and chill btw - it's much easier to chill than it is to freeze.
Last edited by Norky on Jan 16, 2018, 7:52:27 AM
"
Norky wrote:
falxes, the elemental penetration and increased elemental damage with attacks are global and will affect Ice Crash. The flat added cold damage is local to that weapon, and will not.

Thank you!!
Guys why are you using Vortex + Cast On Damage Taken on this build?
Vortex will chill enemies in it, for greater consistency of Frostbreath's bonus damage.
thinking of replacing added cold damage and use melee physical dmg support instead.. i think it will do more dmg.
"
element8one wrote:
thinking of replacing added cold damage and use melee physical dmg support instead.. i think it will do more dmg.

No, it really wont. Melee Physical Damage support is a multiplier on your physical damage. How much physical damage do you have to multiply? There's very little on the mace itself...
"
Raider: +2 points to get out of starting area, +5 points to get 2 Frenzy Charges. WAY more movement speed. Phasing. Dodge. Less damage for the investment. You can do equal damage to the Inquisitor if you get a 5 Exalt, corrupted +1 Frenzy pair of Darkray Vectors, use Ice Bite and get 7 more levels. Types of survivability are good in both classes – just different. Zippy-zip shield charging with that movement speed. Trade damage for movement/clear speed.

Here is the Pastebin for Ice Bite, +1 Darkray Vector Raider using the same 113 Points: https://pastebin.com/pea3Dv4m

is the skill tree up to date? im doing that version right now

why do we take nodes like 20% of phys damage to cold damage when we take items with flat cold damage instead of phys damage?
I'm currently trying out this build and so far, biggest issue i had was with hillock at tbe beginning... this build smashes through everything! :)

Thanks for the build, it's one of the more unique builds here, and apsolutely one of most enjoyable to play!
Going to give this a try, but with a shield. I'll take the hit in dps to get some more life / easier resists + ability to use rumi's lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info