[3.1] BUDGET! Frostbreath + Ice Crash - 1 Million Shaper DPS

I tested this build on the standard before the next league, so I see a lot of people praising, I just thought it was bad? or did something wrong, little damage and very slow, even with good iten, strange
I haven't done any endgame with the build yet but PoB for it seems alright, i wouldn't say its really tanky but with 6k~ hp + fortify, some leech and the consecrated ground, 34% block and some evasion, it feels fine, hoping to do Guardians/Shaper soon.

Damage mapping is more than enough, using Cyclone - Hypothermia - Added Cold - WED - Ruthless - AoE/Conc

Pandemonius and Tasalio are great for damage but have no life at all, you could possibly replace for rare gear and sacrifice some damage for more survivability, also could sacrifice some damage on jewels for 5-7% hp, should get to 7-7.5k comfortably that way.
"
I tested this build on the standard before the next league, so I see a lot of people praising, I just thought it was bad? or did something wrong, little damage and very slow, even with good iten, strange

Nothing wrong with that. It's not the best, fastest, safest build out there. It's fun. It's cheap. It can take out guardians and shaper.
"
Phosphenez wrote:
I haven't done any endgame with the build yet but PoB for it seems alright, i wouldn't say its really tanky but with 6k~ hp + fortify, some leech and the consecrated ground, 34% block and some evasion, it feels fine, hoping to do Guardians/Shaper soon.

Damage mapping is more than enough, using Cyclone - Hypothermia - Added Cold - WED - Ruthless - AoE/Conc

Pandemonius and Tasalio are great for damage but have no life at all, you could possibly replace for rare gear and sacrifice some damage for more survivability, also could sacrifice some damage on jewels for 5-7% hp, should get to 7-7.5k comfortably that way.

Great recommendations. I'd drop the Tasalio's Sign first for rare ring with life. The damage is about equal to that of a well rolled Opal ring. It was put in as a core item because it was cheap and available and gave you that huge amount of damage.
I know I am a little late to the party, but do you think Ancestral Call will work with ice crash? If so, I would probably do a Ruthless/Ancestral Call swap for bosses and maybe leave in conc effect or do a double swap with conc/inc as well. I feel like with 3 ice crashes going off at the same time, the overlap / increased AOE will be worth it.

I've also considered doing a dual wield version with spine of the claimant, doryani's, and some other stuff. I know leap slam sucks, but i'm debating whether the damage will be worth it.

Thoughts?

"
mustash wrote:
I know I am a little late to the party, but do you think Ancestral Call will work with ice crash? If so, I would probably do a Ruthless/Ancestral Call swap for bosses and maybe leave in conc effect or do a double swap with conc/inc as well. I feel like with 3 ice crashes going off at the same time, the overlap / increased AOE will be worth it.

I've also considered doing a dual wield version with spine of the claimant, doryani's, and some other stuff. I know leap slam sucks, but i'm debating whether the damage will be worth it.

Thoughts?

Ice Crash is Attack, AoE, so Ancestral Call wont work with it. Ruthless is already linked with Ice Crash.

@Dongaldo
Do you think if Vaal Pact is worth taking now, in 3.1?
Hi there,

Will leap slam be better option to shield charge ?
"
Lov3._.Wong wrote:
Hi there,

Will leap slam be better option to shield charge ?

Personal preference, but i find Shield Charge much faster to move around.

Excited to test the build on 3.1, wish the Radius buffs were a bit better though, hoping to map comfortably with it now that we don't have reflect anymore!
"
royalpl wrote:

Ice Crash is Attack, AoE, so Ancestral Call wont work with it. Ruthless is already linked with Ice Crash.

@Dongaldo
Do you think if Vaal Pact is worth taking now, in 3.1?

I don't think so. We have a ton of regen in this build. It's so close it's worth testing though.
"
mustash wrote:

Thoughts?

Xavathos did a Glacial Hammer replacement with this build. He has details from page 4 on. He was enjoying it. I think it would be even better now with Ancestral Call AND the Winter Burial threshold jewels. You hit 3 targets with Ancestral Call, then the splash damage from all three targets. Could be good.

Glacial Hammer
Elemental Damage with Attacks
Added Cold
Hypothermia
Ancestral Call
Ruthless or Cold Penetration

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info