[3.1] BUDGET! Frostbreath + Ice Crash - 1 Million Shaper DPS

How do you guys feel about Elemental Overload?

Been playing around with the character and swapped some gear as i don't need huge amounts of dps for mapping/leveling.
Put on 2x diamond rings and a random ammy with good stats, pushed my crit to 9.3% but even with Cyclone and hitting huge packs, my actual uptime on EO seemed lower than 5% most of the time.

Ended up speccing out of it for now (level 90) and grabbed Aspect of the Lynx for a bit of everything, will probably get EO again once i hit 93 since there's nothing on tree that gives the same potential dps or good QoL, should have roughly 8.5-9% crit chance as i might use Pandemonius for endgame bosses.

Current mapping gear:
Spoiler
"
Dongaldo wrote:
"
mustash wrote:
I know I am a little late to the party, but do you think Ancestral Call will work with ice crash? If so, I would probably do a Ruthless/Ancestral Call swap for bosses and maybe leave in conc effect or do a double swap with conc/inc as well. I feel like with 3 ice crashes going off at the same time, the overlap / increased AOE will be worth it.

I've also considered doing a dual wield version with spine of the claimant, doryani's, and some other stuff. I know leap slam sucks, but i'm debating whether the damage will be worth it.

Thoughts?

Xavathos did a Glacial Hammer replacement with this build. He has details from page 4 on. He was enjoying it. I think it would be even better now with Ancestral Call AND the Winter Burial threshold jewels. You hit 3 targets with Ancestral Call, then the splash damage from all three targets. Could be good.

Glacial Hammer
Elemental Damage with Attacks
Added Cold
Hypothermia
Ancestral Call
Ruthless or Cold Penetration

I'm definitely going to make this my first build this league. Will update when I get leveled up. I do not have a lot of time to play though. Ancestral Call looks extremely good on sheets.

The one downside Glacial Hammer had compared to Ice Crash was the smaller AOE and the rather small upgrade that it gets from putting Inc AOE support in, making it just better not to bother and taking another damage gem instead. Well, now we're going to run Ancestral Call instead as our Inc AOE and it'll actually "shotgun" on rares/bosses in the middle of packs as well, quite neat.

Another thing worth noting is that my Glacial Hammer version of the build has 100% chance to freeze with each hit. Now that even Guardians and Shaper are no longer immune to it, it will be quite good.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Phosphenez wrote:
How do you guys feel about Elemental Overload?

Been playing around with the character and swapped some gear as i don't need huge amounts of dps for mapping/leveling.
Put on 2x diamond rings and a random ammy with good stats, pushed my crit to 9.3% but even with Cyclone and hitting huge packs, my actual uptime on EO seemed lower than 5% most of the time.

Ended up speccing out of it for now (level 90) and grabbed Aspect of the Lynx for a bit of everything, will probably get EO again once i hit 93 since there's nothing on tree that gives the same potential dps or good QoL, should have roughly 8.5-9% crit chance as i might use Pandemonius for endgame bosses.

Current mapping gear:
Spoiler

Will make this character in Abyss soon. The cost of Lycosidae right now is a little out of hand (~95c). Will path to RT and leave EO alone until a Lycosidae is obtainable or just leave out altogether.
What's your opinion on glacial hammer with AC? I just got to mapping and with only a 4 link it clears trash superfast but is a bit weak against rares/bosses (tons of fun tho). Hopefully with some better gear it's better, or to swap out AC for ruthless against bosses.
And btw abyss jewels are insane, got one with flat 30 to 46 cold (attack + mace attack) and 5 to 8 phys for 2c.
Last edited by Jaapstam on Dec 10, 2017, 11:03:13 AM
Just wanted to thank Dongaldo and Xavathos for this build.

Currently starting the league with Xavathos's Glacial Hammer variant and it's been really fun leveling with glacial hammer actually.

Xavathos, is the PoB link that you linked still good or do you expect to do any changes? https://pastebin.com/VMRn1XJR

I went into Resolute technique for now until I get lucky and get a lycosidae drop.
"
Shamwoohoo wrote:

Currently starting the league with Xavathos's Glacial Hammer variant and it's been really fun leveling with glacial hammer actually.

Xavathos, is the PoB link that you linked still good or do you expect to do any changes? https://pastebin.com/VMRn1XJR

I went into Resolute technique for now until I get lucky and get a lycosidae drop.

Thanks and good call. I was chatting with Xavathos yesterday. He is working out his tree and will share soon.
"
Dongaldo wrote:
"
Shamwoohoo wrote:

Thanks and good call. I was chatting with Xavathos yesterday. He is working out his tree and will share soon.

Indeed. Glacial Hammer details are coming soon™
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Better to take Big rolls of flat cold dmg added to attacks with 3-5% as on Jewel or take ~15% as
"
jachuu138 wrote:
Better to take Big rolls of flat cold dmg added to attacks with 3-5% as on Jewel or take ~15% as

I don't know for certain yet. Started league with a different toon. I think the highest amount of flat added cold you can get is what will be best.
You would like to level points in a tree with level ;-)
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198020878493/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info