[3.0] Barrage/X. 300c Budget build/Expensive Retch Build. 3.5M+ Shaper DPS/7.5k life with a belly.

"
oak3996 wrote:
Finally hit 100 with this build. But I have to say it's underwhelming for the cost of the build (around 100 ex). Leech is very good but damage is a joke. Heavily dependent on Vinktar. When flask is down, you do almost no damage to endgame bosses. I've downed guardians so far with this build but I say this the build is struggling. You can beat the bosses with it but definitely not comfortably. Death is inevitable with this build. About Windripper, it does little to no difference as far as magic find. And because the build requires so many unique items, Stats and resists must be planned out thoroughly before invest and it's difficult to switch out neckie for Bisco to add more MF%. I'm not saying it's impossible but it takes some planning and room is tight on those stats.

All and all it's doable but personally I think with 100ex plus, I expected more dps out of it.
Hideout self-buff 30k iceshot and 39k barrage (slow proj support) is not gonna cut for that kinda budget. But thanks to the author for his effort.

I haven't invested as much, probably around 60-70 exalts, (some pieces are rather bad, still missing the +2 Barrage enchant and Acuity) and I have same hideout dps. I'm gonna assume you switched Damage on Full Life for Slow Projectiles, which is why it feels that way. I was doing the same and it did feel underwhelming, but once I switched bosses started dying very quickly.

This is my first "expensive" build so I don't know if similar budget builds are even faster, but compared to the cheaper builds I tried before this, none came even close to boss kill speed. I do agree that planning out stats and getting more mf% is hard, though.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, for the "3.3m~ dps" PoB links, why did you check Power Charges in the configuration tab? I don't see anything that gives Power Charges in tree or items. Even in your gifs it doesn't look like you have any power charges...
Last edited by xWords on Oct 31, 2017, 4:56:08 PM
I wana try this build aswell, only 1 question, could you if its not problem, upload skill tree for certain level ranges.

For example from 1 to 30lvl- pattern

From 30-60lvl pattern

and 60-90lvl etc

Or atleast write it here.

You know this is of huge importance for leveling, since it may feel really underwhelming if we dont go same path to actaully get to level 95+. I mean i never played bow and i really have no idea what skill to level first in order to keep good balacne of hp/dps while leveling and not to make things hard.

So please be kind, and give us more detailed info on what skills to level first and so on, thrue pasive skill tree.

Thanks.
man the 20 qual 20 lvl gems definitely go over the 300c budget. im still trying to afford a good chunk of thisbuild
Last edited by rozakk on Nov 3, 2017, 1:55:54 AM
"
xWords wrote:
"
oak3996 wrote:
Finally hit 100 with this build. But I have to say it's underwhelming for the cost of the build (around 100 ex). Leech is very good but damage is a joke. Heavily dependent on Vinktar. When flask is down, you do almost no damage to endgame bosses. I've downed guardians so far with this build but I say this the build is struggling. You can beat the bosses with it but definitely not comfortably. Death is inevitable with this build. About Windripper, it does little to no difference as far as magic find. And because the build requires so many unique items, Stats and resists must be planned out thoroughly before invest and it's difficult to switch out neckie for Bisco to add more MF%. I'm not saying it's impossible but it takes some planning and room is tight on those stats.

All and all it's doable but personally I think with 100ex plus, I expected more dps out of it.
Hideout self-buff 30k iceshot and 39k barrage (slow proj support) is not gonna cut for that kinda budget. But thanks to the author for his effort.

I haven't invested as much, probably around 60-70 exalts, (some pieces are rather bad, still missing the +2 Barrage enchant and Acuity) and I have same hideout dps. I'm gonna assume you switched Damage on Full Life for Slow Projectiles, which is why it feels that way. I was doing the same and it did feel underwhelming, but once I switched bosses started dying very quickly.

This is my first "expensive" build so I don't know if similar budget builds are even faster, but compared to the cheaper builds I tried before this, none came even close to boss kill speed. I do agree that planning out stats and getting more mf% is hard, though.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, for the "3.3m~ dps" PoB links, why did you check Power Charges in the configuration tab? I don't see anything that gives Power Charges in tree or items. Even in your gifs it doesn't look like you have any power charges...

If you already invested that much and still w/o the gloves and the enchanment then it'll be way more than 100ex for sure once you acquire those items. And as for dmg full life versus slow projectile: yes with damage at full life you gain more dps but still not by much. I swapped out and used damage at full life on guardian and shaper and the difference is so marginal it's not worth mentioning TBH. As I said, with this build, guardian/shaper are definitely doable but too much struggling for the EX amount invested in it. Movements are clunky as Hell but this is an issue with any bow build (arrow blink sux-arse but whatcha gonna do).

I recently invested under 50ex on an ele cyclone and i tell you this: clear speed/ damage wise beat this bow build to the ground. It has no MF tho but Windripper+bisco MADE ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE for me. The only issue with this new build is I can barely get 5.5K hp for it but with vaal pact, death seems to occur much less now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info