[3.0] Barrage/X. 300c Budget build/Expensive Retch Build. 3.5M+ Shaper DPS/7.5k life with a belly.

Like this build so far (lvl 78 and going strong. Quick question: If I were to go TS/Barrage instead of Ice shot/Barrage, what skills and items would need to be changed?
Without slayer's Endless Hunger, how does Retch deal damage since you're at full hp? Or does Retch simply base the attacks damage off of the amount of leech regardless of it you can leech it or not?
"
OneLameDad wrote:
Without slayer's Endless Hunger, how does Retch deal damage since you're at full hp? Or does Retch simply base the attacks damage off of the amount of leech regardless of it you can leech it or not?

When u get retch u chance from berserk to slayer, easy enough :) One of the chances that were made to scion ascendancies, they added endless hunger to slayer.
Last edited by DeGyrst on Sep 30, 2017, 5:50:50 AM
"
6ixg0d wrote:
hey! think i'm going to try out this build... was looking for an elemental-based bow character. doomfletch builds all seemed to reach subpar HP levels, and the slayer/retch/acuity combo looks very interesting.

I did have some potential modifications I was considering that I wanted to get your opinion on:
- any advice on levelling? i'm assuming just LA into TS with some good unique bows?
- flasks... what about wise-oak? additionally, if conscerated ground is recommended, could I use a silver flask instead of a sulfur flask?
- also what are your thoughts on going starkonja vs rat's nest for a bit extra life?
- i've been thinking of going QotF variant with evasion gear for mapping. Do you think this would decrease bossing capabilities/survivability too significantly? PoB says QotF is like 500-600 HP drop which is not too bad. wondering what you're thoughts were. budget is not really a concern for me, so I may even get two 6L's just for the heck of it.
- in the opposite vein, what about dropping belly for kaom's and linking torando shot in a tempest binding/essence of horror helm for even more HP. this obviously decreases gem slots available and my AoE skill's damage, but Kaom should synergize quite nicely with soo many % life nodes. PoB has it just shy of an additional 1K HP. I may even be able to drop life nodes for a more damage orientated tree this way. I'd probably miss out on the CwDt settup though given the lack of gem slots.

1) Just go any bow skill for leveling, TS, LA, barrage for bosses, Ice shot is fine as well, anything really works.

2) Can't fit a third unique flask in, this is one of the down sides of scion, we need elemental immunity flask.

3) I didn't think the life from stark's is worth it since we already reach 7k+ life and the movement speed from rat's nest is very good for our clear speed, with some added MF bonus.

4) I personally don't think QoTF is worth it, i believed i talked about this earlier in the thread. If you wanted to strictly map it's fine, but it's barely more movement speed. Something like 200% MS with flask instead of 187% with the belly version IIRC.

5) I talked about this earlier in the thread as well for kaom's heart, feel free to do it but you'll need to find str on rings. Would also need a 6l bow in your off-hand, better than the tempest route. (more than likely use a chin-sol for barrage like a person recommended).
Last edited by fubgun on Oct 2, 2017, 12:33:50 AM
"
ariwat wrote:
Like this build so far (lvl 78 and going strong. Quick question: If I were to go TS/Barrage instead of Ice shot/Barrage, what skills and items would need to be changed?

Nothing needs to be drastically change i just recommend using a +2 tornado shot rat's nest if you want to use tornado shot for mapping, everything else is the same.
Does the damage on full life support really work with blood rage? When I use blood rage Im never at full hp, even when im attacking and leeching with acuity's. It gets really close to full but not actually full according to the hp bar. Also, am I missing some regen? I lose hp (kinda slowly) with blood rage up when im not leeching
Would u be kind and make a levling guide please?
Kinda stuck on how to level the tree now at lvl 20...;/
"
ariwat wrote:
Does the damage on full life support really work with blood rage? When I use blood rage Im never at full hp, even when im attacking and leeching with acuity's. It gets really close to full but not actually full according to the hp bar. Also, am I missing some regen? I lose hp (kinda slowly) with blood rage up when im not leeching

as long as you have acuity's and slayer ascendancy with no vaal pact, damage on full life will work. it might show something like 6147/6150 but that still counts as full life, it's just a graphical bug.

And yes you will degen if you haven't attacked anything recently, but that's fine because one attack and you're back to full HP and will start the over leech again.
Last edited by fubgun on Oct 4, 2017, 5:31:00 AM
"
Armince wrote:
Would u be kind and make a levling guide please?
Kinda stuck on how to level the tree now at lvl 20...;/

Just spend 7 points to travel to the slayer area and refund those points once you get "path of the ranger" from your ascendancy.
Hello, thank you for your guide. Looks great.
I have a question though, about vinkthar. Can't find any version of it with "lighting damage attack skill" (only lightning Pen or spell) like yours. Is it super rare or something ? Thank you !!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info