[3.0] Barrage/X. 300c Budget build/Expensive Retch Build. 3.5M+ Shaper DPS/7.5k life with a belly.

"
MexxTotal wrote:
The build looks very interesting, and i kinda wanna play it. but since ive never played scion i dont rly know how my leveling skill tree should look like. do u have some examples how i should skill before i can spec off the ranger start?

Just spend 6 points and travel to the slayer area, refund those points whenever you get path of the ranger.
Last edited by fubgun on Sep 19, 2017, 12:00:36 PM
"
DeGyrst wrote:
Thanks for the guide!
Ran scion for saturday and sunday with this guide, was a blast mostly.
If someone is having problems with mana, drop herald of thunder, remove aura nodes and spec those in king of the hill. It will provide allmost same dps especially on early levels, under 80.
Really like this builds flexibility! And windripper as the preferred bow :) Still using opus tho cuz my ripper doest like to link :p But even with my gear atm pob shows ripper would be better for dps.

NVM
One thing i was thinking, cuz the +2 barrage enchant is so expensive. Maybe one could take reduced wrath mana reserved enchant and go for empower on wrath. Would be some hassle with gems but could possibly provide allmost the same dps in a bit more budget friendly way with lvl 3 empower and enlighten. NVM DOESNT Provide much of a dps boost.

You can buy a +1 barrage enchant on any rare helm until you can afford a +2 barrage enchant on a rare helm and than eventually get a rat's nest.

And yeah taking king of the hill is probably better than taking points for reduced mana reserv, didn't think of it at the time.
"
fubgun wrote:
"
DeGyrst wrote:
Thanks for the guide!
If someone is having problems with mana, drop herald of thunder, remove aura nodes and spec those in king of the hill. It will provide allmost same dps especially on early levels, under 80.
Really like this builds flexibility! And windripper as the preferred bow :) Still using opus tho cuz my ripper doest like to link :p But even with my gear atm pob shows ripper would be better for dps.

NVM
One thing i was thinking, cuz the +2 barrage enchant is so expensive. Maybe one could take reduced wrath mana reserved enchant and go for empower on wrath. Would be some hassle with gems but could possibly provide allmost the same dps in a bit more budget friendly way with lvl 3 empower and enlighten. NVM DOESNT Provide much of a dps boost.

You can buy a +1 barrage enchant on any rare helm until you can afford a +2 barrage enchant on a rare helm and than eventually get a rat's nest.

And yeah taking king of the hill is probably better than taking points for reduced mana reserv, didn't think of it at the time.

In the endgame if u wanna use hot, hoi and wrath you need those mana reserves, wich iirc gives more dps then king of the hill, tho it can all vary a bit cuz of gear.

Btw its pretty easy to run this as a semi nice magic finder if someone is interested about that. Rats and windripper allready provide some nice bonus, biscos is easy to fit in too, and then some rarity on rings/ventors and you allready have pretty nice iiq/iir, w/o sacrificing too much clearspeed.
Last edited by DeGyrst on Sep 21, 2017, 11:13:52 AM
"
DeGyrst wrote:
"
fubgun wrote:
"
DeGyrst wrote:
Thanks for the guide!

NVM

In the endgame if u wanna use hot, hoi and wrath you need those mana reserves, wich iirc gives more dps then king of the hill, tho it can all vary a bit cuz of gear.

You don't need those mana reserve nodes once you get an enlighten 4, it's just a temporally fix until you can afford one.
Oh ok, i did check those pob links, but my memory aint the best ;) Would king of the hill be a good node if u drop something else out in the end game tree? Those crit chances it provides are pretty nice.
The gifs you have are you blasting bosses at close range.

Might not be a bad idea to have a Chin Sol in the offhand for a weapon swap against bosses as a lot of them you are meeting point black regardless.

Ups Barrage damage to 3.4M.
Last edited by Eathb on Sep 21, 2017, 11:33:06 AM
"
DeGyrst wrote:
Oh ok, i did check those pob links, but my memory aint the best ;) Would king of the hill be a good node if u drop something else out in the end game tree? Those crit chances it provides are pretty nice.

Compared to anything else it wasn't a dps increase. Windripper compared to other bows gives you a very high crit chance so getting crit from gear/tree is not as important. Feel free to play around with the tree your self on PoB, always looking to optimize for dmg/speed/health.

I also personally don't like the knock back, it hurts more than it helps when you're trying to barrage map bosses.
"
Eathb wrote:
The gifs you have are you blasting bosses at close range.

Might not be a bad idea to have a Chin Sol in the offhand for a weapon swap against bosses as a lot of them you are meeting point black regardless.

Ups Barrage damage to 3.4M.

I personally made this build because i dislike weapon swapping. Every other bow build uses kaom's heart with a weapon swap or you won't be able to achieve high HP. We achieved high HP in this build solely because we are scion, so that is the sacrifice we had to make. You also lose out on free currency if you do a weapon swap build (can't lvl up gems to sell, like enlighten).

feel free to use it if you want, would than also recommend kaom's because you're going to weapon swap. Would just need to find str on rings or boots, or can keep belly and can use a few CWDT setups since you'll have 6 more sockets to use.

hey! think i'm going to try out this build... was looking for an elemental-based bow character. doomfletch builds all seemed to reach subpar HP levels, and the slayer/retch/acuity combo looks very interesting.

I did have some potential modifications I was considering that I wanted to get your opinion on:
- any advice on levelling? i'm assuming just LA into TS with some good unique bows?
- flasks... what about wise-oak? additionally, if conscerated ground is recommended, could I use a silver flask instead of a sulfur flask?
- also what are your thoughts on going starkonja vs rat's nest for a bit extra life?
- i've been thinking of going QotF variant with evasion gear for mapping. Do you think this would decrease bossing capabilities/survivability too significantly? PoB says QotF is like 500-600 HP drop which is not too bad. wondering what you're thoughts were. budget is not really a concern for me, so I may even get two 6L's just for the heck of it.
- in the opposite vein, what about dropping belly for kaom's and linking torando shot in a tempest binding/essence of horror helm for even more HP. this obviously decreases gem slots available and my AoE skill's damage, but Kaom should synergize quite nicely with soo many % life nodes. PoB has it just shy of an additional 1K HP. I may even be able to drop life nodes for a more damage orientated tree this way. I'd probably miss out on the CwDt settup though given the lack of gem slots.
Last edited by 6ixg0d on Sep 21, 2017, 5:39:36 PM
Is there a way to see full gems setup ? (only shown helm's in pob code)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info