[3.1] The INVINCIBLE Sunder/Cleave Glad: Safe/Cheap (~10c), do all content, and map fast. HC Viable.

"
dukeofjuke wrote:
hi i've followed your guide to lvl 85 on HC, and starting to get some issues on later maps, do you think i might be able to drop BOR and swap in a 6l belly, and get a good helmet to gain some more health?

Yes, swapping out BOR for belly works fine, and then getting a good rare helm with life. If you grab a good Astral plate 6l you can also try to craft w essence of horror.

This build was designed as budget to allow you to easily and safely farm everything you need.

If you really want, you could also get block on your jewels after making the swap, or buy a corrupted anvil with 4% block to make up for dropping BOR.

Depending on how expensive it is, you might be better off trying to buy anvils yourself and vaaling them. I got mine is around 20 tries.
Last edited by ironstove on Dec 21, 2017, 2:23:38 PM
"
ironstove wrote:
"
dukeofjuke wrote:
hi i've followed your guide to lvl 85 on HC, and starting to get some issues on later maps, do you think i might be able to drop BOR and swap in a 6l belly, and get a good helmet to gain some more health?

Yes, swapping out BOR for belly works fine, and then getting a good rare helm with life. If you grab a good Astral plate 6l you can also try to craft w essence of horror.

This build was designed as budget to allow you to easily and safely farm everything you need.

If you really want, you could also get block on your jewels after making the swap, or buy a corrupted anvil with 4% block to make up for dropping BOR.

Depending on how expensive it is, you might be better off trying to buy anvils yourself and vaaling them. I got mine is around 20 tries.

Okay nice, im currently trying to afford a 6L belly then so i can get some more HP and do abit more content safe, since i only have around 200c budget atm, but i know what to strife for now.

btw i cant see how i'm sposed to get max block? i'm using all the items the guide says except for belt, and im only at 65% with no block jewels.
"
dukeofjuke wrote:

btw i cant see how i'm sposed to get max block? i'm using all the items the guide says except for belt, and im only at 65% with no block jewels.

You are at 65% and that is correct, you should be at 67% for max block but you haven't finished your uber lab.

65% is your base + 3% from tempest shield + 8% from painforged = 76% block.

Once you get your uber lab points for violent retaliation (Another 2% block), you'll be at 78%.

If you drop BOR for belly, you can pick up a 4% block anvil, and you will still be at 76% block chance, and if you get two 1% block jewels, you'll be back at 78%.

I did notice you're using a stib flask, not sure why since BOR already blinds and you can't apply blind twice. It wouldn't hurt to change it out for a different flask like jade flask of reflexes or granite flask of iron skin.

Also, at the start of your tree, you gave up on 8% max life because you went with 2 melee phys damage nodes instead of the 4% life/armor/evasion, so you could always opt for that instead to boost up your health a bit.

"
"
dukeofjuke wrote:

You are at 65% and that is correct, you should be at 67% for max block but you haven't finished your uber lab.

65% is your base + 3% from tempest shield + 8% from painforged = 76% block.

Once you get your uber lab points for violent retaliation (Another 2% block), you'll be at 78%.

If you drop BOR for belly, you can pick up a 4% block anvil, and you will still be at 76% block chance, and if you get two 1% block jewels, you'll be back at 78%.

I did notice you're using a stib flask, not sure why since BOR already blinds and you can't apply blind twice. It wouldn't hurt to change it out for a different flask like jade flask of reflexes or granite flask of iron skin.

Also, at the start of your tree, you gave up on 8% max life because you went with 2 melee phys damage nodes instead of the 4% life/armor/evasion, so you could always opt for that instead to boost up your health a bit.

Thank you for the help, apreaciate it, i have almost a perfect belly im trying to 6l so i can use it without losing half my dmg, and i went back and took thoose life and armor talents, they seem more worth when im going for HC.
I have been playing this build in Abyss League.

My build can be seen in following link (char name is Karartma): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/NEPHAN/characters

DPS in my hideout is 62,141. My life total is 5,021. Any idea in regards to how I can improve this character is more than welcome.

I would like to thank you @ironstove for the great build. THis is my literally 2nd character in POE. I was playing BOR-Soul Taker Cleave Gladiator in Standard. I wanted to give something similar a try because I really enjoyed the build

I also would like to know whether there is a better way to utilize my elder Axe with added fire damage & faster attacks supports

Last edited by NEPHAN on Dec 31, 2017, 8:25:29 PM
"
NEPHAN wrote:
I have been playing this build in Abyss League.

My build can be seen in following link (char name is Karartma): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/NEPHAN/characters

DPS in my hideout is 62,141. My life total is 5,021. Any idea in regards to how I can improve this character is more than welcome.

I would like to thank you @ironstove for the great build. THis is my literally 2nd character in POE. I was playing BOR-Soul Taker Cleave Gladiator in Standard. I wanted to give something similar a try because I really enjoyed the build

I also would like to know whether there is a better way to utilize my elder Axe with added fire damage & faster attacks supports

Hey, glad you're enjoying the build. Your profile is set to private. Change it to public and I can have a look over the build and see if I can come up with any ideas.

It should be public right now :D.
Ok, few things I can recommend,

your gems are 20 but not 20q, some of them should be traded using the GCP vendor recipie with your lvl 20 gems and re-leveled it will give you higher DPS.

Your CWDT linked with enfeeble does not need to be level 20, tempest shield also does not need to be 20.

Refer to the links I have set up on the guide to optimize them if you'd like.

You should also try to link shield charge w/ faster attacks, you'll move around much more quickly, I'm not sure why culling strike is linked with molten shell. I think you should use it w/ shield charge.

Finally, the boots on your build need more life, you can probably push the build somewhere around 5.3-5.5k life. If you want even more life, you can drop the surrender for lioneye's remorse. Surrender is a great shield but not necessary for the build.
Last edited by ironstove on Jan 2, 2018, 5:50:30 AM
"
ironstove wrote:
Ok, few things I can recommend,

your gems are 20 but not 20q, some of them should be traded using the GCP vendor recipie with your lvl 20 gems and re-leveled it will give you higher DPS.

Your CWDT linked with enfeeble does not need to be level 20, tempest shield also does not need to be 20.

Refer to the links I have set up on the guide to optimize them if you'd like.

You should also try to link shield charge w/ faster attacks, you'll move around much more quickly, I'm not sure why culling strike is linked with molten shell. I think you should use it w/ shield charge.

Finally, the boots on your build need more life, you can probably push the build somewhere around 5.3-5.5k life. If you want even more life, you can drop the surrender for lioneye's remorse. Surrender is a great shield but not necessary for the build.

Thank you very much for the comments.

I will work on increasing the quality of gems.

Actually, Shield Charge is linked with level 18 faster attacks which is coming from Elder Axe: "Socketed Gems are supported by Level 18 Faster Attacks". Does it worth to ignore this and socket another 20q level 20 gem on weapon?

You are totally correct about culling strike link. It is my bad and fixed it right now. This opened another spot for CWDT links, I linked CWDT with Flame Golem, Blood Rage & Molten SHell.

Boots had 2 lines referring to maximum health and it had in total +73 to maximum life. You might have overlooked it. Looking into what is for sale at poe.trade, it is really hard to find a boot with 85+ life with all 3 resistances above 30%. I found a similar boot which only costs 10c and increases armour by another 330. Do you think that it worth investing several exalted orbs to increase life more on the boots?

I have LionEye's Remorse. Swapping THe Surrender with LionEye's Remorse is increasing life from 5053 to 5254 (201 points increase). If I replace The Anvil with Bloodgrip (corrupted with additional 3% chance to block), this change further increases life from 5254 to 5423. It would be great to hear which setup, I should use in your opinion.

Just as an additional note: If I activate Ancestral Protector in my hideout, my DPS increases up to 75,300 from 62,900 without having any flask effects by the help of only Arctic Armour & Determination is activated.
Last edited by NEPHAN on Jan 2, 2018, 9:19:16 AM
I think the 20q faster attacks is noticeable but you should try it and see if you like it. I also don't think you should become reliant on the socket within your axe because it might make upgrading axes in the future more difficult due to the need to move around sockets again.

Until you get an unset ring to place determination or enduring cry, you can cut culling strike to refit your gems in. Culling strike is nice to have, but not needed for the build, it just speeds things up a little against guardians or very tanky map bosses. If you want to map faster, I think having a 20% quality faster attacks nets you more speed than the culling strike.

Because we have such low movespeed, shield charge is our main way of traveling and shield charge scales with attack speed. You move very quickly through maps w/ a buffed shield charge.

No, I don't think you should pay ex+ for the boots, it's not worth it IMO.

Also, one thing I missed is that you're not using abyss jewels. I realize I forgot to update the guide regarding the jewels. I checked in POB, if you get a double phys rolled jewel, it actually does more DPS than the jewels I have on my old gladiator, so maybe you could look into upgrading jewels for cheap:

http://poe.trade/search/urahiwohiwabum

I lowered the rolls, it goes as high as 6 for attacks and 10 for axe attacks, but the price is 2ex for the jewel so I wouldn't bother.

Since you're in softcore, I would get the corrupted 4% bloodgrip if you can get your hands on it cheaply, which atm it doesn't seem to be the case... The price of the amulet is 1ex while last season it was around 15-20 chaos.

Alternatively, you could search for an anvil with a corruption that adds attack speed:

http://poe.trade/search/kehekatuohootu

Bloodgrip itself costs ~1 alch, and I was able to get the corrupted block mod in about 20-25 tries vaaling amulets previously. It is overall a great amulet because it gives life, added phys, decent regen, and life flask bonus which are all positives for the build.

Alternatively, you could try to search for a generic corrupted 4% block amulet with a phys attack roll

http://poe.trade/search/ininarararuori

It doesn't look like any good ones are on the market right now when I checked, so try the vaal orb option IMO.

Last but not least, if you do want to use surrender, you could TRY to slot in the maim support jewel into it which will boost your single target DPS by a little bit since the counter-attack can apply maim which increases the damage taken by your main attack.

With that said, your DPS right now is very close to mine (78k and 94 w/ totem) and I think the biggest difference is in our axes. The pDPS on my axe is ~380 while yours is ~322. Upgrading your axe would be a very significant boost, you could search poe trade for uncrafted bases, or badly rolled craft bases like I mentioned in the guide to try to hack a higher pdps axe for a little less if you have vagan at level 7.

Phys damage to attacks is the single best way to boost up your DPS, along with attack speed, then the % increase damage mods. Keep that in mind.

I'm not sure what your goal is for the build i.e. get as high DPS as possible or become as tanky as possible.

Last edited by ironstove on Jan 2, 2018, 1:44:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info