[3.1] The INVINCIBLE Sunder/Cleave Glad: Safe/Cheap (~10c), do all content, and map fast. HC Viable.

With the new placement of Vaal Pact it's only 3 points away from your old tree. What would you say the validity of forgoing some regen or something else, to pick up the Vaal Pact?

I suppose the more DPS you have the more beneficial this would be, but you could always use a few regrets later on once you have a strong enough axe. Vaal Pact with your PoB pastebin makes the life leech 2.5k and that seems to be a good investment to me.
Hi Guys, glad to see there is still interest in the build.

Having read through the patch notes, I think almost everything in this build was untouched, that means it is still viable for 3.1 so I will update the tag and bump it up.

"
Jakle1111 wrote:
Hey man, if you were using this for lab farming only, would you take Blood in the Eyes instead of Versatile Combatant? Spell block in the labyrinth seems pretty unnecessary.

I'm deciding between something like this and a Juggernaut (maybe slayer, but doubt it) for lab farming league starter, curious your thoughts.

If you're going to use this for lab farming only, you don't need VC, but spell block is nice to have if you want to do other content.

Blood in the eyes doesn't give you a big advantage in damage over using VC when you're farming lab, so to gimp your defenses for the rest of the content in the game to get a marginal DPS boost in lab that you don't really need seems like a bad choice IMO.

"
JabbatheHoff wrote:
With the new placement of Vaal Pact it's only 3 points away from your old tree. What would you say the validity of forgoing some regen or something else, to pick up the Vaal Pact?

I suppose the more DPS you have the more beneficial this would be, but you could always use a few regrets later on once you have a strong enough axe. Vaal Pact with your PoB pastebin makes the life leech 2.5k and that seems to be a good investment to me.

You honestly don't need VP for this build, you already get enough leech with vitality void and losing regen is huge for this build. No regen sucks if you're trying to farm lab with it. If you don't plan to use it for lab, you can give VP a shot and let us know how you feel about it, but I can say from experience alone that I don't think VP is going to work well with this build.
ironstone - I really enjoy this build and glad it's still viable for 3.1, was playing earlier today without issue.

I can't believe how low level I have been (low 70s) and handling up to tier 9 issues without feeling any pinch and the only reason I say tier 9 is that I've levelled so fast that I'm now pushing level 79.
"
ironstove wrote:

You honestly don't need VP for this build, you already get enough leech with vitality void and losing regen is huge for this build. No regen sucks if you're trying to farm lab with it. If you don't plan to use it for lab, you can give VP a shot and let us know how you feel about it, but I can say from experience alone that I don't think VP is going to work well with this build.

Yeah I'm not really trying to farm lab with this build so I'm going to take off a few regen nodes, add on some axe/armour and try out Vaal Pact. I'll let you know how it feels. Early mapping is no problem atm.
Is there any way to get this build into 6-7k hp ? I plan on using this build to farm uber lab in HC Abyss. Funding is not an issue. I wonder how does this build deal with scarier stuff like essences, elemental izaro buffs etc. ? How is it vs traps?
"
xAgility wrote:
Is there any way to get this build into 6-7k hp ? I plan on using this build to farm uber lab in HC Abyss. Funding is not an issue. I wonder how does this build deal with scarier stuff like essences, elemental izaro buffs etc. ? How is it vs traps?

Yo can do uber lab close to afk with ni if you want more def this is much more stronger in defence
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2013463/page/1
Last edited by MruczekM77 on Dec 18, 2017, 3:25:07 PM
"
xAgility wrote:

You can do things like get life jewels instead of pure damage, easily able to get the build to 6-6.5k life, but IDK about 7k. For that, you'd prob have to drop BOR for an armour and helm.

I was running ~5.5k life with no life jewels and mid-tier life gear.

Iron heart seems like an interesting item to use instead of BOR if you're trying to max out HP, but you'd probably want to rework the ascendency since you lose spell block, but if you're using this for lab, I don't think spell block is really necessary.
hi i've followed your guide to lvl 85 on HC, and starting to get some issues on later maps, do you think i might be able to drop BOR and swap in a 6l belly, and get a good helmet to gain some more health?
"Do all content"

"Don't do shaper or uber atziri"

SO I guess it ISN'T able to do all content. Please remove your misleading title.
"
Stull wrote:
"Do all content"

"Don't do shaper or uber atziri"

SO I guess it ISN'T able to do all content. Please remove your misleading title.

I've done both Uber atziri and shaper with this build.

I also cleared hall of grandmasters.

Why is it misleading?

I said in the guide this build isn't ideal for those encounters outside of the challenge I. E. Very mechanically demanding and a slow fight because of low dps which is why I said you should not follow this guide if your goal is to farm Uber atziri and shaper because there are much better builds for that.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote.

Last edited by ironstove on Jan 11, 2018, 8:29:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info