[3.3] The Dancing Ancestral Fister - Doryani's Fist/The Dancing Dervish/Rampage/Ancestral Totems (4)

(Disclaimer: TDD can't be dual wielded)

Abstract
Changes for 3.3
You can now corrupt Two-Handed Swords with "Resolute Technique". This means it will always hit (but never crit) which is a huge damage boost.

Remember that while it's not manifested, the Keystone will apply to you and you won't be able to crit until it's active. This is a bit relevant to this build to be noted down.
Changes since 3.2
None, the build is even stronger now due to the Ascendancy buff and the introduction of The Dancing Duo.

Spoiler
This build revolves around the Duelist's Champion Ascendancy with it's Taunting Nodes making it pretty safe and using "The Dancing Dervish" (TDD) in it's manifested form as statstick making him unarmed and thusly able to use Doryani's Fist to it's full potential.

Why not Maurader and Facebreaker you ask? Well, to be short, I'm a poor fck. To maximize a physical build you would have to stack tons of physical damage on gear and since I'm using Soul Mantle with all of them curses, I rely on 2 Kikazaru rings which reduce curse's effects on me by 80% which also means I can't use any physical damage rings and I'm restricted with other slots because I need resistances.

Introduction

First a few questions.

- Are you kinda sometimes bored leveling up characters?
- Are you a hipster?
- Are you 16 C broke but still want to have some fun?

If you answered at least one of those questions with yes, this build might be for you.

Concept

Spoiler
I remember as if it was yesteryear when I first got in contact with this item

I really like this thing because it is really unique in what it does. It was the core of my first build ever to successfully and seriously get my casual ass into mapping up to two digit maps which is also why I tried to make a viable build with it in each subsequent league. In Legacy I managed to sucessfully make two other builds with it, a Scion and another Duelist. In Breach I tried myself on a TDD Raider which kinda went... meh... because you can't really scale TDD that well without minion damage and support gems are leveled up sometime which means it won't scale further. I am however, working on an EK Nova Raider at the moment.

Noteable things about TDD in 3.1
TDD got a serious AI overhaul. It Cyclones hard now! (Before/After)

Since probably only like four people use it seriously, I got this TDD for 1 Alch or something.

A 6 Socket version is all you need because Manifest Weapon is an inherent Skill which gets supported by all gems in it meaning you have an artificial 7-Link comparable to Nhagamu's or Whispring Ice.

You always reach the Rampage State after just 15 kills now because it seems they kinda forgot to update that after Kitava encounters. I like it a lot.

It can also sustain itself in a bossfight now if it hits the boss in it's manifested form.

You can artificially create/keep up a rampage with thefollowing two things since 3.1

Pro/Contra

Pro
+ Rampage.
+ Fairly Cheap.
+ Fun to play with.
+ Makeshift Decoy Totem through the Conqueror Noteable.
+ Pretty much curse immune becaues of 2 Kikazaru Rings.
+ The satisfying visual of a very nice Cycloning Sword.

-/+ You give away 6 sockets for The dancing Dervish but it itself is strong so it's pretty much even.

Contra
- You lose defenses as you cannot wear a shield. You do have Taunting Totems but stray attacks might hit you.
- If you fail to start a rampage, you are missing a lot of damage and clearspeed.
- Build only really starts at lvl 63 because you can only then equip Doryani's Fist.

How to:

Skilltree
Skillwise I prioritized Totem passives and attack speed nodes.

Because I was lucky enough to find Facebreakers, I was able to level with them.

When I reached lvl 59 I had too little dex and int so I went to get some items with stats on them

Since my gear doesn't have all the res on it to counteract the curses, I had to use passives for that purpose.

As of now at lvl 74

Ascendancywise I chose:

Normal: Conqueror

This helps your survivability immensly. You don't take damage if you don't get hit. The 25% chance to taunt also applies to your totems. This means the enemies will attack the totems and not you.

Cruel: Worthy Foe

Taunted enemies by your totems take 20% more damage and deal 10% less damage to you. This is the bomb.

Merciless: Inspirational

Increased damage and movementspeed.

Uber: Possibly First to Strike, Last to Fall

This means you have better damage against bosses because TDD won't hit it first but your totems. TDD hitting monsters on full life is a problem, but it would only happen to trashmobs anyway.

Items

In depth Item description

This is mandatory. I got this for 1 or 2 alchs. Mind that they don't have to be linked to support "Manifest Weapon". In general, one of these costs 1 alch since, well, nobody builds this.

Your main damage source. Get as much melee damage on it as you can because we scale the base damage, not added damage by other sources. 10 max damage can make a difference of 300 damage.

Another Core of the build. You can have 1 more Totem, they get a bit more beefy and you get cursed reliably. Why is getting cursed a good thing? Because of this jewel:
Stacking generic damage is what we need to do to scale damage with TDD OR the unarmed dance time.

This is also the reason why you need 2 of those:

They are needed to reach 80% curse effect reduction. Since the curses are lvl 20, you will suffer from 15% subtracted ele resistances if you have Ele Weakness and the corresponding ele curse.

Cheap Stats

Stats

Stats

Stats

Weapon Swap

This is for singletarget mostly. The +1 Totem flat out means 100% more damage. It's also defense as 1 more totem hits the enemy possibly taunting them too.

Remember that Rampage with a manifested Dervish disables your weaponslot which also includes your offhand. This means it's only useful if your Rampage indeed ended.

How to play
1. Approach a pack of monsters

2. Get your Totem, kill a few monsters. Eventually they will die, you will rampage and you can move on to the next pack.

3. Repeat step 2

4. Repeat step 3

5. ????

6. profit

How to play if your Rampage ended
If you are up against something where you can't get your rampage up and the enemy is singletarget, swap to Skirmish, get 3 Warchiefs out and 1 Protector.

Skills and Links
Disclaimer: Those are just the skills I'm using in the setup they are in. You don't HAVE to link them exactly like that because there surely is room for improvement.

Ancestral Warchief - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Added Lightning Damage - Lightning Pen - Conc Effect

This is your main clear skill.

Ancestral Protector - Culling Strike - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Ruthless

Just to get more attack speed and to fight bosses. Culling Strike is love.

CwdT - IC - Inc Duration - Molten Shell

This should help you from dieing to stray damage.

Haste / Stone Golem

Some utility

Dank Dervish

Since it's just 5 socketed, this is what I chose.

Added Fire Damage - Might ignite enemies which leads to proccing of the 25% increased damage to enemies affected by ele ailments due to the Celestial Punishment passive.

Culling Strike - Is what it is, it helps with clearing trashmobs and keeping the rampage up

Blind - Helps, pure utility

Maim - Helps, pure utility, you don't deal much physical damage

Minion Speed - pure utility, it can move around faster, hits faster and applies more ailments

Bandits
Kill them all

Map experience with it up to now

Ele reflect might kill your totems regularly but you can simply recast them
Phys reflect is not a problem
Reduced Mana and Health regen, not a problem
Elemental Equilibrium , might slow you down a notch, but nothing impossibly
Totems, not a problem
Extra damage, not a problem
Extra crit, you gotta watch out, the thing is that you can still be frozen.
Bloodlines, no problem
Beyond monsters you have to watch out for but it works out
Nemesis Mods care about corrupting blood when you don't have your Dervish out.
Shocking/Burning/Chilled ground no problems up to now, the chilled ground can impede your Rampage though
desecrated ground can be a hazard if not cautious
Cursed is no problem
2 bosses is only a problem with certain bosses
Rogue Exiles Some are danagerous, but nothing impossible
Master missions are possible without much of a problem except particular Vorici missions

GL, hf, Bye.
Last edited by JoBilly on Jun 20, 2018, 11:24:46 AM
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2018, 4:55:16 PM
Changelog

8. September 2017

- Created Guide

14. September 2017

- Added Video
- Tidied up post

10. December 2017

- Updated guide to 3.1, It's cheap again due to the The Baron nerf

20. December 2017

- Cleaned up post for the better

14. January 2018

- Fixed an error in the skill links

2. February 2018

- Added TDD Buffs in 3.1 section

3. March 2018

- Added 3.2 Notes

18. June 2018

- Added 3.3 Notes
Last edited by JoBilly on Jun 19, 2018, 4:55:55 PM
Nice! I always thought your TDD builds were very interesting. I might give this a go for my next Duelist :)
I lol'd so hard at the name. I love it. Great Hipster design. :)
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Im confused on how innervate works when it says it only supports skills where you hit the enemy and cant support totems.
"
Im confused on how innervate works when it says it only supports skills where you hit the enemy and cant support totems.

Damn do I feel like a noob now, Added Lightning Damage is the Support for that. I had my head there because I made a build with Innervate in TDD. My apologies. This has to increasea the damage quite a bit.
Last edited by JoBilly on Jan 13, 2018, 7:48:35 PM
Was also looking areound and noticed on your current gear there is an open unlinked socket on the armor. Would it be beneficial to put in a skill gem like detonate dead to be utilized with the level 20 spell totem from the armor? then after killing some things deploying that and creating explosions of joy :)
Would it have to be 6L to utilize the other skill gems or is it tech connected because you are using something thats from the armor therefore all gems are linked to the armor ability?
Edit: my character is only level 28 so thats why i ask, cant test it yet myself
Last edited by Chaffedbananas on Jan 17, 2018, 12:11:15 AM
When Dancing Dervish is active, your Totem will lose a lot damage. So how do you deal with this?

I just got a TDD and try it on a little.
"
Was also looking areound and noticed on your current gear there is an open unlinked socket on the armor. Would it be beneficial to put in a skill gem like detonate dead to be utilized with the level 20 spell totem from the armor? then after killing some things deploying that and creating explosions of joy :)
Would it have to be 6L to utilize the other skill gems or is it tech connected because you are using something thats from the armor therefore all gems are linked to the armor ability?
Edit: my character is only level 28 so thats why i ask, cant test it yet myself

I don't really know wether it's good or not. But I think it would disrupt the playstyle a bit I think.

"
nbminh5595 wrote:
When Dancing Dervish is active, your Totem will lose a lot damage. So how do you deal with this?

I just got a TDD and try it on a little.

The opposite is the case. As soon as you're unarmed, Doryani's Fist's Bonus Damage gets actiavted giving you at least 20K tooltip damage.
Hey, I have been playing this build for the last couple days and I am now level 80 and I am having a blast so thank you for this idea! But now I'm just lost as to where to go with the tree since yours cut off at 74, for the last 6 levels i hit life nodes. Any suggestions on where to go next?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info