[3.3] The Dancing Infernal Warper - Lightning Warp/Stormfire/Burn Prolif/The Dancing Dervish/Rampage

(Disclaimer: TDD can't be dual wielded)

Abstract

Spoiler
This build revolves around the Shadow's Trickster Ascendancy using the powerful "Weave the Arcane" Node to never worry about manacost of the main clear skill, Lightning Warp, ever again and scale the Burn Damage inflicted by it due to the Stormfire Ring with the other nodes. For Defenses I chose dodge due to the Trickster having 10% Full Dodge in his kit anyway. Without Flasks the Dodge chance resides at 63%/66% which in combination with 50% Evade Chance is quite acceptable for my taste.

This build is heavily inspired by Hitma47's BurningWarp Elementalist but is a new take on it since many new Uniques and Passives came out since 2.3 when it was built.

The damage is acceptable too but it's not on par with the 2.3 version due to the removal of Double Dipping Damage in 3.0.

It is still not 100% done due to the lack of playtime I have. Else I would go for a Dancing Duo, 6S it and then corrupt it with Resolute Technique and increase the singletarget damage with a 6L body Armour.

Introduction

First a few questions.

- Are you kinda sometimes bored playing Meta things?
- Are you a hipster?
- Are you broke but still wanna have some fun? (10C is enough to be comfortably getting started with this one)
- Do you not care that you'll be most likely unable to solo ubers?
- Do you not care if you die a few times and will never do HC content with this build?

If you answered at least one of those questions with yes, this build might be for you.

Concept

Notes about The Dancing Dervish
I remember as if it was yesteryear when I first got in contact with this item

I really like this thing because it is really unique in what it does. It was the core of my first build ever to successfully and seriously get my casual ass into mapping up to two digit maps *COUGH*shamelessplug*COUGH* which is also why I tried to make a viable build with it in each subsequent league.

Facts

TDD got a serious AI overhaul. It Cyclones hard now! (Before/After)

It can now self sustain itself in bossfights if it hits a unique enemey in it's manifested form.

A 6 Socket version is all you need because Manifest Weapon is an inherent Skill which gets supported by all gems in it meaning you have an artificial 7-Link comparable to Nhagamu's or Whispring Ice.

You always reach the Rampage State after just 15 kills now because it seems they kinda forgot to update that after Kitava encounters.

You can artificially create/keep up a rampage with the following two things since 3.1

The manifested sword does not deactivate when swapping to different weapons, however, the weaponslots remain disabled while it's active.

While The Dancing Dervish is manifested, the player character is considered unarmed and is affected by Onslaught, therefore effects such as Facebreaker's or Doryani's Fist's unarmed damage bonus will take effect. As soon as Rampage ends, the manifested weapon will vanish and the character reequips the weapon reenabling the weaponslots. The Minion itself is unkillable while it's active.

Pro/Contra

Pro
+ Rampage, but it's like enhanced Rampage because you can sustain it during bosses.
+ Quite the unique build because who uses Lightning Warp offensively?
+ Fairly Cheap, you only need a few items to get started which aren't that sought after like a "Burning Damage" & "Less Duration" Helmet.
+ Extreme Mobility due to the Main Clear Skill being Lightning Warp.
+ The satisfying visual of a very nice Cycloning Sword.

-/+ You give away 6 sockets for The dancing Dervish but it itself is strong so it's pretty much even.

Contra
- This build only shines at lvl 80 since only then you have access to the Stormfire Ring.
- Boss Killing is slow because you rely on a DoT. It's not impossible to kill Bosses but yeah, it takes time.
- Rampage Management can be a bit uncomfortable because you also rely on TDD for Damage in bossfights. This means you have to kinda know when it's best to use a Wromflask.
- You lose defenses as you cannot wear a shield. Due to the restrictions with Items you also have very little room to overcap resistances. To truely overcap them you'd have to invest a lot more than I did. Also, 3K HP.
- If you fail to start a rampage, you are missing a lot of damage and clearspeed.
- The Min and Max Damage difference of Lightning Skills is pretty big so it could always be that you ignite for quite little damage and oneburn with the next cast. It's not as reliable as Fire Damage ignites but you get EE running.

Build Section:

Skilltree, Bandits & Pantheon
To Start out you can level with any Skill that seems fit. I myself found it quite comfortable to level with Incinerate because it is really strong and any point you invest for burning Incinerate in the skilltree carries over to the final build. Aquiring an Axiom Perpetuum aswell as Thousand Ribbons increases your Clearspeed immensly. Just Look for Spell Damage, Cast Speed etc. on Items while levelling.

Passives for damage should focus on General Damage, Burning Damage, Damage over Time, Fire Damage and Cast Speed whereas the latter is a big improvement for Quality of life, you'll get a lot out of your Ascendancy though. Ignite Chance can be taken quite late into leveling due to Incinerate always Igniting on the last wave.
For defenses go for Life, Resistances as needed and Dodge Chance. Abyss Jewels help a lot with that but are not cheap depending on the stats.

Keystones:
Elemental Overload can be taken early on due to the non reliance on crit.
Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics can also be taken early. Just take them when you feel like you die too often or you deal enough damage.
Elemental Equilibrium has only to be taken once you have Stormfire equipped. Else you'd cripple your damage.

Stats on Abyss Jewels should include:
- Blind Chance for Minions on Hit: The Dancing Dervish hits lots and fast and will blind enemies eventually. This means they will hit you less improving your survivability by a lot.
- Resistances: Cover your resistances, at least cap them.
- ES regenerated per second: The passives and items don't aim for ES BUT there are some Trickster Passives which are only enabled while you have ES. Even having 1 ES out of 100 is having ES which enables them.

Lvl 90

Ascendancywise I chose:

Normal: Weave the Arcane

Weave the Arcane is the Bread and Butter. This is the reason why I chose this Ascendancy over Elementalist (next to the fact that I didn't have a Shadow Build for The Dancing Dervish yet).
20% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've used a Movement Skill Recently will always proc, 6% reduced Damage Taken for 4 seconds after Spending 200 Mana will sometimes proc with the Singletarget Setup.

Cruel: Ghost Dance

This is the defensive node of this build. 20% more chance to Evade while on full Energy Shield is the reason for the low ES.
10% chance to Dodge Attacks and Spell Damage while you have Energy Shield}
10% increased Movement Speed while you have Energy Shield} Those are the reason why you should have an ES regen Abyss Jewel in the tree. Due to Acrobatics reducing ES by too much to invest into it, aim for life mostly.

Merciless: Patient Reaper

This is a nice Damage Boost, keeps you healthy and helps your Stone Golem helping you.

Uber

Now this is debateable. The only two coming into question are Escape Artist and Swift Killer.
Escape Artist: This one helps you from a defensive layer standpoint. Cannot be Stunned is nice, but you shouldn't get hit that much anyway due to the high dodge chance.
Swift Killer: This helps with the Clearspeed but you won't be able to really make use of the charges while fighting bosses if they don't spawn anything. On full charges this would mean you have flat out 40% increased Damage + 16% more Damage. Depending wether or not you can get charges somehow while bossfighting, take this.

Personally I went for Swift Killer. It increases Clear Speed and depending on Boss add density or amount of Wormflasks you can use, you can get easily get charges up.

Bandits
Get Kraityn's buff or 2 Skill Points. Dodge, Cast and Movement Speed is hard to come by with 2 Skillpoints though, however, the 2 Skill Points can be used for an increase in Life.

Pantheon
I personally took the Soul of Lunaris with the Sebbert capture. This expands upon the Dodge and also provides a touch of Movement Speed which helps with clearspeed. Against Bosses you don't need the Movement Speed due to the rare casting of Lightning Warp.

The other minor Soul is the Soul of Garukhan with the upgrade. This provides another safety layer and clearspeed since Movement Speed reduces the Lightning Warp warp time.

Items

Current Gear

In depth Item description

or

This is mandatory. I got the base Version for 1 or 2 alchs. Mind that the sockets don't have to be linked to support "Manifest Weapon". In general, one of these costs 1 alch since, well, nobody builds this.
Rampage and Onslaught means a lot for this build because Onslaught gives you 20% increased Attack-/Cast-/Movement Speed and Rampage gives you 1% General Damage and 1% Movement Speed per 10 rampage Stacks. All stats which make Lightning Warp from meh to useable. It's also a nice Damage boost because it hits stuff itself. If you get certain Abyss Jewels this is also another layer of defense. All in all, just what you need.
If you get your hands on a Dancing Duo, go for that. I still need to max this build out but I'm a bit short on currency due to other builds and lack of time to play.

The Dancing Duo is a big upgrade and helps a LOT to kill strugglers and Bosses. Get one if possible. Else, it's not a loss, just not as big a gain.
Corruptions to aim for:
Resolute Technique (It will never miss while it's active but also never crit. While it's not manifested, the Keystone will apply to you. This is relevant for you if you took Elemental Overload. As soon as it's manifested, the Keystone will not affect you anymore and you can proc EO again.)

Get something similar with stats you need. This was the cheapest one I've found with still high support gem rolls. If you manage to roll a 30% more Elemental Damage roll on it with an Essence of Horror you would have a truely awesome piece of equipment for this build. The only problem with this is, you can't have a 21/23 Less Duration Gem supporting Lightning Warp, but this is accpetable imo.
Enchantment:
x% reduced Lightning Warp Duration

or

Corruptions to aim for:
(30–40)% increased Burning Damage
+2 to Level of Socketed Lightning Gems
+2 to Level of Socketed Duration Gems
+2 to Level of Socketed AoE Gems
(1.6–2)% of Life Regenerated per second
(not a priority)

This is the Ring making this build even possible. Your Lightning Damage can Ignite is what makes this build tick. Get as high of a resistance roll as you can.
Corruptions to aim for: (These depend highly on the flasks you chose and if you think the implicit is worse than the corruptions.)
Bleeding cannot be inflicted on you
Cannot be Ignited
+(14–16)% to all Elemental Resistances
(depends on preference)

Movement Speed, Cast Speed and Reduced Skill Effect Duration are what you need to make Lightning Warp even better.
Corruption to aim for: (These depend highly on if you think the implicit is worse than the corruptions.)
Enemies can have 1 additional Curse (if you wanna run dual Blasphemy with Flammability/Enfeeble)
+1% to all maximum Resistances
(8–10)% increased Movement Speed

There are no other gloves increasing your damage quite as much as Doryani's Fist does without having the gems socketed inside them. The Shock Chance can help with the "x% increased burning damage per unshocked enemy shocked recently". Look for an as high as possible Added Lightning Damage roll on it.
Corruptions to aim for:
+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
(Take the following if you have +1 Curses on enemies from some source)
Curse Enemies with Level (10–12) Elemental Weakness on Hit (offensive)
Curse Enemies with Level (10–12) Enfeeble on Hit (defensive)
Curse Enemies with Level (10–12) Temporal Chains on Hit (both)

I chose this because of the 10% Full Dodge Chance on it. If you go for another sort of damage mitigation, a Cloak of Flame would be a small boost to your damage.
Corruptions to aim for:
+2 to Level of Socketed Duration Gems
+2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems
+2 to Level of Socketed Curse Gems
(40–50)% increased Damage
+1% to all maximum Resistances
(4–6)% increased maximum Life

16% Spell Dodge, Movement Speed and Life. What more do you need except Resistances?
Corruptions to aim for:
+2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems
+2 to Level of Socketed Curse Gems
(8–10)% increased Movement Speed
(4–6)% chance to Dodge Attack Hits
(4–6)% chance to Dodge Spell Hits
(6–10)% chance to Dodge Attack Hits while moving
(It's worth noting that you don't move while using Lightning Warp)
(6–10)% chance to Dodge Spell Hits while moving

Filler Stats
Corruptions to aim for:
(8–10)% increased Area of Effect
(6–8)% increased maximum Life

Filler Stats

Jewels
Corruptions to aim for:
Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you
You cannot be Cursed with Silence
(4–5)% increased Area of Effect
(4–5)% increased Damage

Flasks

While they were nerfed again last patch, they still help keeping Rampage up. This is really important against bosses with phases in which they cannot be hit or moments where maps just don't have enough monsters. At least two is what you should aim for. The more the merrier, but if you don't have the corresponding Pantheon, you need utility flasks like those right below.

These flasks are for utility. Freezes and the Silence Curse can get really dangerous.

Weapon Swap

This is there because I had it in my stash. It helps against bosses if you can't manage to get a Rampage up again. Weaponswap with the Hotkey is only possible if something is in your Weaponswap. This is just to help with that.

HOWEVER, if you choose the Swift Killer Passive, this could help you, with the aid of Rallying or Enduring Cry, to get those Power Charges up with the risk of Taunting the Boss.

Remember that Rampage with a manifested Dervish disables your weaponslot which also includes your offhand. This means it's only useful if your Rampage indeed ended.

Skills and Links
Disclaimer: Those are just the skills I'm using in the setup they are in. You don't HAVE to link them exactly like that because there surely is room for improvement.

Lightning Warp - Swift Affliction - Combustion - Ignite Proliferation - Less Duration (helmet) - Burning Damage (Helmet)

This is your Main Clear Skill. The burns are quite hefty and you move around like a flash. Increases to Movement Speed and Reductions to Skill Effect Duration decrease the time it takes to travel with Lightning Warp. This is why The Dancing Dervish was chosen as Rampage Source.

Blasphemy - Flammability

Enemies you hit with Lightning Warp will always be cursed by Flammability due to how Lightning Warp works. Damage -> Warp up -> Warp down -> Damage. This means Enemy On Kill effects will also proc where you are, so watch out for that.

Vaal Arc - Combustion - Burning Damage - Swift Affliction - Deadly Ailments - Ignite Proliferation

This is your Singletarget Setup. If you manage to colour your Chest Armour to the desired Colours, this can turn into a strong Singletarget spell. The problem with a high Dex requiring Chest however, is the low chance to get more than 3 Blue Sockets and even Vorici Crafting can get expensive. Deadly Ailments and Ignite Proliferation are greyed out due to me not having a 6L ready for this due to lack of funds. This tickles the last bit of Singletarget Damage out of it. Remote Mine instead of Ignite Proliferation would deal a little bit more damage, but it would lead to a clunkier playstyle.

Blade Vortex - Increased Duration - Increased Critical Strike Chance - Scorching Ray

This setup allows for Elemental Overload procs. You have to Selfcast it though because a CwDt isn't reliable enough due to the high Dodge Chance. I've highlighted Scorching Ray to signify that if you manage to link the sockets right, you should add the scorching ray to the Increased Duration Link setup.

(Vaal-)Haste | Summon Stone Golem | Scorching Ray

Those are defensive and offensive things to socket wherever's room. I've highlighted Scorching Ray in the link info just above too.

Dank Dervish

Immolate | Weapon Elemental Damage | Ruthless | Added Accuracy | Added Fire Damage | Minion Damage

If you manage to corrupt Resolute Technique onto it, you can ditch Added Accuracy for another More Multiplier like Damage on Full Life. Jam-pack it with high "More" multipliers. Immolate practically always procs due to you burning everything you warp to.
Weapon Swap

Nothing particular, a good offhand would be good to let you count as unarmed.

How to play
0.5. Get a good Lootfilter with sounds or prepare to backtrack to pick up loot.

1. Lightning Warp into a pack, continue to warp into more monsters until rampage starts.

2. Keep going, recast Blade Vortex every now and then and use Wormflasks to prolong the Rampage

3. Repeat step 3

4. ????

5. profit

How to play if your Rampage ended and against Singletarget
If you are up against something where you can't get your rampage up and the enemy is singletarget, swap to your offhand which can be anything, warp onto the single target and then continue to (Vaal-)Arc that sucker while nimbly dodging everything. The Damage variance of Lightning Damage is big so you could get a really small ignite at first and a big one the next time you cast.

If you're up against a boss like an Elder Guardian which isn't known to spawn a lot of adds, grab 4 Wormflasks and 1 utility/life flask which has a corresponding ailment remove mod. Using all Wormflasks twice is enough to get the Rampage started.

Map experience with it up to now

Ele reflect Can be a problem. Your On-Hit Damage isn't huge though so you might be able to handle small amounts of it. Just Vaal Arc-ing a huge pack could whack you for quite a bit of damage.
Phys reflect is not a problem, except if you choose to use Vall Blade Vortex.
Reduced Mana and Health regen, not a problem
Elemental Equilibrium , not a problem
Extra crit, you gotta watch out, the thing is that you can still be frozen.
Bloodlines, corrupting Bloodlines are dangerous
Beyond monsters some are dangerous. You're not a Bosskiller.
Nemesis Mods care about corrupting blood. You will only have to hit them once but Blade Vortex might stack
Shocking/Burning/Chilled ground no problems up to now
Desecrated ground not much of a problem, but don't stay on it for too long, not much regen out there
2 bosses is only a problem with certain bosses
Rogue Exiles There are some dangerous ones
Master missions are possible without much of a problem except particular Vorici missions
Hall of Grandmasters is pretty much impossible solo

Videos & Pictures
Shaped Corrupted 8 Mod Atoll Map (Current Build State, Unlucky Dodge, Ele Reflect, Twinned)

Rare Atoll Map (Still learning proper Flask Management)

Tier 14 Rare Corrupted Dig Map

Atziri done

Tier 6 Elder done (as you can see, not deathless. DoTs mean death, even if you nimbly dodge 95% of everything)

The Council

Rare Unid Corrupted Core Map (deathless even. Close, but Deathless)

Defenitely possible to reach Level 90

GL, hf, Bye.
Last edited by JoBilly on Jul 16, 2018, 7:33:19 PM
Last bumped on Aug 27, 2018, 2:18:04 PM
Changelog

19. June 2018

- Created Guide

20. June 2018

- Formatted Item Section

21. June 2018

- Formatted a bit
- Added a bit more info in the Skills section

22. June 2018

- Added Picture of completed Unid Rare Corrupted Dig Map (Tier 14)
- Added Pantheon Tab in the Skilltree Tab and moved the Bandit Tab too
- Reformatted the Guide to make a little bit more sense

23. June 2018

- Added Atziri Picture

25. June 2018

- Updated Items, rocking a Duo now
- Updated Skilltree, a little bit more life

27. June 2018

- Updated Skilltree, a little bit more life, Uber Lab done

28. June 2018

- Updated Singletarget/Rampage end Tab, specifically vs. Elder Guardians
- Added Elder Picture

9. July 2018
- Added Council Picture

13. July 2018
- Added Shaped Atoll Video

15. July 2018
- Level 90 reached. If I didn't suck and played more, I'd have reached level 90 sooner. Yep, you can kinda easily reach 90 with this build by just clearing Tier 9-13 Maps. It does have nice clearspeed.
Last edited by JoBilly on Jul 16, 2018, 7:35:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info