[3.2] The Dancing Whirly - Cyclone/The Dancing Dervish/Rampage/Doryani's Fist

(Disclaimer: TDD can't be dual wielded)

Abstract
Changes for 3.3
You can now corrupt Two-Handed Swords with "Resolute Technique". This means it will always hit (but never crit) which is a huge damage boost.

Remember that while it's not manifested, the Keystone will apply to you and you won't be able to crit until it's manifested. This is a bit relevant to this build and worthy to be noted down.
Changes since 3.2

None, it remains the same build. The Dancing Duo is optional but nice to have.

Spoiler
This build revolves around the Ranger's Raider Ascendancy with it's Dodge and Phasing making it pretty safe and using "The Dancing Dervish" (TDD) in it's manifested form as statstick making her unarmed and thusly able to use Doryani's Fist to it's full potential.

Why not Maurader and Facebreaker you ask? Well, to be short, I'm a poor fck. To maximize a physical build you would have to stack tons of physical damage on gear. The Dervish also gives you Onslaught while it's active so there's also some synergy there. I'm using the Frenzy Charge side of the Ascendancy though, not the Onslaught to get even more boni.

Introduction

First a few questions.

- Are you kinda sometimes bored leveling up characters?
- Are you a hipster?
- Are you broke but still want to have some fun?
- Do you want to have some synergy between your gear and ascendancy?

If you answered at least one of those questions with yes, this build might be for you.

Concept

Spoiler
I remember as if it was yesteryear when I first got in contact with this item

I really like this thing because it is really unique in what it does. It was the core of my first build ever to successfully and seriously get my casual ass into mapping up to two digit maps which is also why I tried to make a viable build with it in each subsequent league. In Legacy I managed to sucessfully make two other builds with it, a Scion and another Duelist. In Breach I tried myself on a TDD Raider which kinda went... meh... because you can't really scale TDD that well without minion damage and support gems are leveled up sometime which means it won't scale further.

Noteable things about TDD in 3.1
TDD got a serious AI overhaul. It Cyclones hard now! (Before/After)

Since probably only like four people use it seriously, I got this TDD for 1 Alch or something.

A 6 Socket version is all you need because Manifest Weapon is an inherent Skill which gets supported by all gems in it meaning you have an artificial 7-Link comparable to Nhagamu's or Whispring Ice.

You always reach the Rampage State after just 15 kills now because it seems they kinda forgot to update that after Kitava encounters. I like it a lot.

It can also sustain itself in a bossfight now if it hits the boss in it's manifested form.

You can artificially create/keep up a rampage with thefollowing two things since 3.1

Pro/Contra

Pro
+ Rampage.
+ Fairly Cheap.
+ Fun to play with.
+ 70% Evasion and 69/64 Dodge Chance almost permanently without Vaal Grace or a Quartz flask.
+ Enemies are Blinded and Maimed through TDD which gives another layer of safety.
+ The satisfying visual of a very nice Cycloning Sword.

-/+ You give away 6 sockets for The dancing Dervish but it itself is strong so it's pretty much even.

Contra
- You lose defenses as you cannot wear a shield.
- Early Mana Management is a pain until you get Essence Sap
- If you fail to start a rampage, you are missing a lot of damage and clearspeed.
- Build only really starts at lvl 63 because you can only then equip Doryani's Fist.

How to:

Skilltree
Skillwise I prioritized A bit of elemental damage and frenzy charges but mostly defensive stats like evasion since Doryani's Fist offers a lot of base damage.

I found those two jewels and thought I'd implement them because they work.

The left one gives 1 to 102 Lightning Damage, the right one, with this tree, 25 to all Attributes, 1% Leech, 7& MS and +0.5% Crit chance which means I have 5% base unarmed crit chance with this character increasing the shock chance by a bit.

As of now at lvl 74

Ascendancywise I chose:

Normal: Quartz Infusion

This helps your survivability immensly. You dodge, you have phasing and it's a nice investment in general for the Cruel Lab.

Cruel: Avatar of the Veil

Movementspeed is always good to have and Ailment Immunity rocks. Dodging Spell damage is a huge plus in my book aswell as the 40% increased damage.

Merciless: Way of the Poacher

Damage, Utility, Frenzy Charges.

Uber: Will be Avatar of the Slaughter

MORE DAMAGE! more... MOOOORE!

Items

In depth Gear description

This is mandatory. I got this for 1 or 2 alchs. Mind that they don't have to be linked to support "Manifest Weapon". In general, one of these costs 1 alch since, well, nobody builds this.

Your main damage source. Get as much melee damage on it as you can because we scale the base damage, not added damage by other sources. 10 max damage can make a difference of 300 damage.

This wasn't that expensive but is really nice for a cheap(ish) 6L.

It's cheap, it provides Dodge and Cold damage for Hypothermia, nice.

This provides Synergy with the almost perma Phasing you have. Since you're Evasion Based, 300 ER is welcomed aswell.

Even more Phasing Synergy aswell as Onslaught.

Pretty much just stats. Get what you need through those.

How to play
1. Approach a pack of monsters

2. Cyclone into a pack. Eventually they will die, you will rampage and you can move on to the next pack.

3. Repeat step 2

4. Repeat step 3

5. ????

6. profit

How to play if your Rampage ended
If you are up against something where you can't get your rampage up either get Vaal Breach or kill adds to start it again. You can also just swap to a shield or something to unarm yourself

Skills and Links
Disclaimer: Those are just the skills I'm using in the setup they are in. You don't HAVE to link them exactly like that because there surely is room for improvement.

Cyclone - Life Gain on Hit - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Innervate - Inc AoE - Hypothermia

This is your main clear skill.

Frenzy - Multistrike - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Ruthless

I still gotta test how strong this is for singletarget.

Blasphemy - Poacher's Mark

This is really good to sustain Life and Mana. You can also provide Frenzy Charges to TDD with this for some cheese.

Dank Dervish

Since it's just 5 socketed, this is what I chose.

Minion Damage - Helps it to deal a bit damage by itself.

Culling Strike - Is what it is, it helps with clearing trashmobs and keeping the rampage up

Blind - Helps, pure utility

Maim - Helps, pure utility, you don't deal much physical damage

Minion Speed - pure utility, it can move around faster, hits faster and applies more ailments

Bandits
Kill them all

Map experience with it up to now

Reduced Mana and Health regen, not a problem
Elemental Equilibrium , might slow you down a notch, but nothing impossibly
Totems, not a problem
Extra damage, not a problem... well, only if you get hit :D... the lifepool is low
Bloodlines, no problem
Beyond monsters you have to watch out for but it works out
Nemesis Mods care about corrupting blood when you don't have your Dervish out.
Shocking/Burning/Chilled ground no problems
2 bosses is only a problem with certain bosses
Rogue Exiles Some are danagerous, but nothing impossible
Master missions are possible without much of a problem except particular Vorici missions

Video
Will be here... maybe?

GL, hf, Bye.
Last edited by JoBilly on Jun 20, 2018, 11:39:13 AM
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2018, 8:37:29 AM
Changelog

2. February 2018

- Created Guide (WIP)

3. March 2018

- Added 3.2 Notes

18. June 2018

- Added 3.3 Notes
Last edited by JoBilly on Jun 18, 2018, 5:56:44 PM
No changes in 3.2? But it got a fated version, which summons another dancing dervish. That's a 100% more damage, which is a pretty impactful change if i may say so myself.
"
No changes in 3.2? But it got a fated version, which summons another dancing dervish. That's a 100% more damage, which is a pretty impactful change if i may say so myself.

Ah, yes, but the build itself doesn't change because of it ^^.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info