[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

Sorry for asking, maybe I am a noob or you really made a mistake. You enabled on your skill tree Ancestral bond, although I dont see the spell totem support mentioned anywere. Can you explain? Without it you deal 0 damage.
Last edited by CaleaExilului on Jan 27, 2018, 3:57:00 AM
"
CaleaExilului wrote:
Sorry for asking, maybe I am a noob or you really made a mistake. You enabled on your skill tree Ancestral bond, although I dont see the spell totem support mentioned anywere. Can you explain? Without it you deal 0 damage.

Soul mantle has a level 20 spell totem built into it. Any gem you put into the Soul mantle is automatically linked to a spell totem skill
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
1) Equip Wither as a main skill at the left edge and select 15 stats.
Keep in mind that you still have a full skill tree and 4-stat jewels if you only change the gear tab.

2) It's counterproductive actually. Besides having pretty much no useful stats, it reduces the duration of curses on you, which in turn weakens Self-Flagellation.
The curse-reflection only applies the curse to the original caster - which does nothing in our case. Even if it did work, it'd still count towards our curse limit (which makes it mostly useless).

Thanks a lot for the info. I took the skill tree and jewels into consideration as you mentioned.

I see your point about the mirror. The only reason I thought it might be somewhat useful was it's reflect property, but I didn't know that it worked that way. Thanks for the help.
How do you get the total more number under calcs for dark pact?
PoB shows that you have 240% total more but i really dont get how you get this number. My build isnt finished yet but my character isnt even close to that number. If I click on the number it shows me that you get these values: 15 - 26 + 54 + 44 + 80
These numbers sum up to 157 and not 240.

Im very curious is that a bug in PoB or am I missing something here?
Since Void Batterys are so ridiculously cheap I'm a litte curious to try them out for this build. Skyforths are still a bit far way for me to use, planning on it later on. But until then? Orb of Storm feels clunky, curses removes a large portion of your mana pool. So what would you recommend?
Last edited by Mathemoto on Jan 29, 2018, 1:14:00 AM
"
DerXFaktor wrote:
How do you get the total more number under calcs for dark pact?
PoB shows that you have 240% total more but i really dont get how you get this number. My build isnt finished yet but my character isnt even close to that number. If I click on the number it shows me that you get these values: 15 - 26 + 54 + 44 + 80
These numbers sum up to 157 and not 240.

Im very curious is that a bug in PoB or am I missing something here?
Sources of "more damage" are multiplicative with each other.
Therefore, if you multiplicate all of these numbers, you'll get to 240% more damage.

"
Mathemoto wrote:
Since Void Batterys are so ridiculously cheap I'm a litte curious to try them out for this build. Skyforths are still a bit far way for me to use, planning on it later on. But until then? Orb of Storm feels clunky, curses removes a large portion of your mana pool. So what would you recommend?
Skyforths won't make your totem generate Charges for you though.
They act like a pseudo "Power Charge on Critical" link.

Orb of Storms is the most reliable skill to get charges (you want reliability for Void Battery).
The other option would be changing from Guardian to Hierophant, which is still a really good ascendancy for the build.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Still haven't figured out how to link items here. What do you think of the pure talent jewel? https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Pure_Talent +25 to all attributes and another .5% base crit, if I'm reading it right, which should then be multiplied?
"
Farabor wrote:
Still haven't figured out how to link items here. What do you think of the pure talent jewel? https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Pure_Talent +25 to all attributes and another .5% base crit, if I'm reading it right, which should then be multiplied?
It gets multiplied, that's correct.
0.5% isn't that much, sadly. Most of the time, a two-stat jewel will already give you better damage.

It's mostly just an ok jewel for leveling because of the stats it gives (You don't get the Shadow start until uber lab).
For endgame, it's only good if you're really, really poor.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Got my first ever shaper kill with this build, deathless I must add. Loving this stuff. Build is definitely everything viable without any experience and/or preparation. Except Hall of Grand Masters :/
Uber Lab - cake walk
General mapping - easy, no regen + desecrated/ burning ground is the only turning off point
Elder guardians - mostly annoying thanks to their movement abilities
Elder - easiest boss there is, regular flight goes so fast that he doesn't have much of chance to kill you
Shaper's guardians - Phoenix and Minotaur were the peak of difficulty for me due to totems dying to environmental hazards, stupidly prolonging the fights ad infinitum
Shaper - easy and straightforward, hardest part is actually second miniboss The Unshaped

If you want I can post a vid of my shaper fight.
Thanks man.
Looks fun but...

A build that advertises as beginner friendly should not hinge on a level 72 required unique and 2 unique rings. I'm sorry, but that is neither beginner friendly or cheap. A build that purports itself as beginner friendly and cheap should have a good leveling section with guides to passive placement along the way and recommendations on gear and gems that are easily accessible by beginners and newcomers alike.

This will come off as a rant, but I'm really tired of trying to search out good beginner friendly builds only to come upon builds with no leveling tactics that require multiple expensive uniques to work as advertised.

See PewPewPew's Firestorm build for the meaning of a beginner friendly build guide.

Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info