[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

And 1 more question about passive tree.
As it shown, the best way is to take passives in the right part of the tree - Chaos damage throught COORDINATION (green icons).
It gives chaos damage 10+10+10+12+14 = 56%

Why you dont take more chaos damage at right upper corner (the last one skill is ATROPHY)
It gives chaos damage 10+12+12+12+25 = 71%

??
"
RusFL wrote:
Hello, lvl 90 dp scion.
Dont know how to post my equip here...
Ive got several questions.

Spoiler
1. Im using 2 void batteries and always get 7 charges. When i have maximum of curses my DPS (on skill icon) is about 65k. If i use diamond flask + stibnite flask, my DPS comes to 80-90k.
Is it normal or not enough for 90lvl?

2. Because of using 2 VB, a cannot use movement skills for shield or dagger, thats why i use Phase run with faster casting and increase duration. And i feel that my overal defence not good, and i have to spam my flasks (on maps tier 10 or higher). Does fortify support with whirling blades gives much more overall defence and i have to change VB to knife and shield?

3. Ive got 6L soul mantle with skill gems as its shown in the 1st post.
And im lvling Empower support gem. As far as i get 2lvl ES gem thinking to equip it to my SoulMantle. What you think will it give me more profit and what supporting gem should i change for it? Chaos damage or controlled destruction maybe? Or its not good idea while im not get Empower sup gem lvl3?

4. Stupid question. As far as we get curses when a totem dies, why we have to increase its resistances?
And one more question. The DP skill takes own life and damage as higher as an owner (totem) has more life. Right? Maybe its useful to maximize totems life? But not resistances?

5. Cannt understand why we shouldnt get chaos resistance? Ive got -40 now....

6. What you think about Cobalt jewel CLEAR MIND?
" + 30% Mana regen; 53% incr spell damage while no mana is reserved"
I dont use CLARITY now and get that bonus. Cannt write right now about my overall mana regen rate, but i feel comfortable without Clarity on maps ifven if there is an affix "-x% to players regen rate".
If there is a map where i cannt regen at all, i just use my mana flask and no problems up to 10 tier.. after 10 tier i can have problems becuase of unlucky affixes...
BTW, i choose the passive skill (from Sin) when my flasks recharge every 3 seconds.
Am i correct with that or missing something?

7.As it shown, the best way is to take passives in the right part of the tree - Chaos damage throught COORDINATION (green icons).
It gives chaos damage 10+10+10+12+14 = 56%

Why you dont take more chaos damage at right upper corner (the last one skill is ATROPHY)
It gives chaos damage 10+12+12+12+25 = 71%
1. That sounds pretty good (more than average). For accurate numbers you should use PoB, since the tooltip doesn't factor in some things like totem life.

2. Yes, fortify and the extra mobility add a lot of safety. If you feel like the damage isn't enough with that, you can always have your Void Batteries in a weapon swap.

3. Empower is pretty weak in this build. You'd need it on level 5 to be equal to other supports (which is almost impossible to get). The weakest gem is Increased Critical Strikes.

4. We take resists because they only cost 1 skill point and give totem life (so also a bit of damage). For only the 2 skill points, the totems will take about 50% less elemental damage.
We already get a lot of totem life from Soul Mantle - and chaos damage from the support gem. So getting more totem life isn't that strong compared to damage/crit/etc..

5. It's explained in the FAQ links. You can get it if you want, but you're almost always better off getting other stats, like life or mana.

6. It's in the FAQ aswell :p. If you're not reserving mana, then you should get it. But you definitely need to use an aura (if you're a guardian).

7. Going up there takes a lot of travel nodes and is only really worth it if you can skill everything (Atrophy and Doom Cast).
If you want it, you need to remove skillpoints elsewhere because we don't have enough. It does give you a lot of damage though.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Spoiler
7. Going up there takes a lot of travel nodes and is only really worth it if you can skill everything (Atrophy and Doom Cast).
If you want it, you need to remove skillpoints elsewhere because we don't have enough. It does give you a lot of damage though.[/quote]

Well, actually not, because as it shown, you take crit chance and life near of it.. Is its just 1 skill point (intellegence) and you reach what i wrote about..

But, anyway thx for answering. Now im sure im doing right with that)

About fortify, i think i have to try to use it on phase run instead of increased duration... Thanks for that also)
Last edited by RusFL on Jan 22, 2018, 1:40:09 PM
And about dps shown on icon - i realised, that it's a basic damage.. BUT. Is it for 1 totem, so i have to multiple it with 3 totems? or not?
Cannt understand that mechanics while yr real damage not shown in the battle><
Last edited by RusFL on Jan 22, 2018, 1:41:14 PM
Spoiler
"
RusFL wrote:

If you want it, you need to remove skillpoints elsewhere because we don't have enough. It does give you a lot of damage though.

Well, actually not, because as it shown, you take crit chance and life near of it.. Is its just 1 skill point (intellegence) and you reach what i wrote about..

But, anyway thx for answering. Now im sure im doing right with that)

About fortify, i think i have to try to use it on phase run instead of increased duration... Thanks for that also)[/quote]

oopsss... something changed.. im sure that when ive seen it before, it was a little bit.... different... or im completely wrong haha.. sry for that)
Last edited by RusFL on Jan 22, 2018, 1:41:49 PM
"
RusFL wrote:
And about dps shown on icon - i realised, that it's a basic damage.. BUT. Is it for 1 totem, so i have to multiple it with 3 totems? or not?
Cannt understand that mechanics while yr real damage not shown in the battle><
It's for one totem. You pretty much have to use PoB for a correct calculation.

The tooltip can't determine whether you're selfcasting or not, so everything relevant to that doesn't get calculated at all. Then there is Wither, enemy resistances, diamond flask, etc..
Builds and Guides:
Took your advise and upgraded a few pieces of gear (shield, amulet, and put a spell damage enchant on the dagger). Also, upgraded boots/gloves/belt for additional chaos resist (+21% total). These upgrades, plus some additional skill points from leveling, have helped a lot. I was able to clear all 4 guardians on corrupted maps first attempt and am now trying out Shaper. I've done Shaper twice and get to the last phase but can't seem to finish him quick enough. What else can I do to increase my DPS? Right now each totem is doing around 200k DPS according to PoB (with full Wither stacks, curses, diamond flask, etc...)

Last edited by Zand on Jan 22, 2018, 6:08:50 PM
"
Zand wrote:
Took your advise and upgraded a few pieces of gear (shield, amulet, and put a spell damage enchant on the dagger). Also, upgraded boots/gloves/belt for additional chaos resist (+21% total). These upgrades, plus some additional skill points from leveling, have helped a lot. I was able to clear all 4 guardians on corrupted maps first attempt and am now trying out Shaper. I've done Shaper twice and get to the last phase but can't seem to finish him quick enough. What else can I do to increase my DPS? Right now each totem is doing around 200k DPS according to PoB (with full Wither stacks, curses, diamond flask, etc...)
Most of your gear is good enough for endgame now.

You should definitely get Assassination in the skill tree, even if you have to remove something else. It's ~15% DPS for only 3 skill points.

Besides that, you should really work on some better jewels. Added chaos damage is one of the weaker stats and you shouldn't stack it too much.
Get at least three useful stats on each jewel, with life being highly recommended.
(I've updated the guide to make jewel priorities clearer)

After that, you can try getting enchanted Boots or Helmet. The former being stronger and easier to get.
The boot enchantment has a 7.4% chance of appearing, so you can even farm it yourself if you wanted to.
Builds and Guides:
no idea about the taunt thing?
www.lunaz.com/poe-fashion
www.lunaz.com/poe-filter
www.lunaz.com/poe-hidouts
Work In Progress
"
lunaz wrote:
no idea about the taunt thing?
I haven't played it myself, but I can imagine how it'd play out.

Packs would die before the 20% chance procs, but map bosses should be taunted pretty much permanently. I suppose it'd also be extremely helpful in uber lab.

T16 Guardians can only be taunted every 8 seconds, and Shaper can't be taunted at all.
Since taunt lasts 3 seconds, you can't have it up on them all the time (that would be too op).

Basically, it's like having a decoy totem up all the time.
Builds and Guides:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info