[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

"
superbomb1967 wrote:
Looks fun but...

A build that advertises as beginner friendly should not hinge on a level 72 required unique and 2 unique rings. I'm sorry, but that is neither beginner friendly or cheap. A build that purports itself as beginner friendly and cheap should have a good leveling section with guides to passive placement along the way and recommendations on gear and gems that are easily accessible by beginners and newcomers alike.

This will come off as a rant, but I'm really tired of trying to search out good beginner friendly builds only to come upon builds with no leveling tactics that require multiple expensive uniques to work as advertised.

See PewPewPew's Firestorm build for the meaning of a beginner friendly build guide.

Thank you.

1. There is no level 72 unique required. The reason you see the level 72 requirement on Soul Mantle is because of the gems in there.
2. Both Soul Mantle and Kikazaru are insanly cheap. They don't cost a single chaos alltogether on poetrade.
3. There is both a Budget Leveling Guide and a step by step Skill Tree in his guide.
This build is easily accessible, with almost no investment. It is easy to play since totems are a safe way to play and reflect is something one doesn't need to worry about.

Simply everything you just wrote is wrong. This is one of the best beginner-friendly builds i have seen, that at the same time is able to clear all the content in the game.
Last edited by Nyuo on Jan 31, 2018, 12:57:50 PM
"
Mathemoto wrote:
Since Void Batterys are so ridiculously cheap I'm a litte curious to try them out for this build. Skyforths are still a bit far way for me to use, planning on it later on. But until then? Orb of Storm feels clunky, curses removes a large portion of your mana pool. So what would you recommend?

Anyone tried the Void Battery and Orb of Storms combination?
"
Nyuo wrote:
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
Looks fun but...

A build that advertises as beginner friendly should not hinge on a level 72 required unique and 2 unique rings. I'm sorry, but that is neither beginner friendly or cheap. A build that purports itself as beginner friendly and cheap should have a good leveling section with guides to passive placement along the way and recommendations on gear and gems that are easily accessible by beginners and newcomers alike.

This will come off as a rant, but I'm really tired of trying to search out good beginner friendly builds only to come upon builds with no leveling tactics that require multiple expensive uniques to work as advertised.

See PewPewPew's Firestorm build for the meaning of a beginner friendly build guide.

Thank you.

1. There is no level 72 unique required. The reason you see the level 72 requirement on Soul Mantle is because of the gems in there.
2. Both Soul Mantle and Kikazaru are insanly cheap. They don't cost a single chaos alltogether on poetrade.
3. There is both a Budget Leveling Guide and a step by step Skill Tree in his guide.
This build is easily accessible, with almost no investment. It is easy to play since totems are a safe way to play and reflect is something one doesn't need to worry about.

Simply everything you just wrote is wrong. This is one of the best beginner-friendly builds i have seen, that at the same time is able to clear all the content in the game.

OK level 49 Unique. My mistake on the gem level. So You have to get to level 49 for this beginner build to work. Makes sense. Also, 22 chaos for a 5-link minimum isn't cheap for most beginners - and the OP shows a 6 link which actually is insanely expensive.
"
OTazMan wrote:
"
Mathemoto wrote:
Since Void Batterys are so ridiculously cheap I'm a litte curious to try them out for this build. Skyforths are still a bit far way for me to use, planning on it later on. But until then? Orb of Storm feels clunky, curses removes a large portion of your mana pool. So what would you recommend?

Anyone tried the Void Battery and Orb of Storms combination?
Kira1414 played this last league. He felt Inya's Epiphany were pretty important because you'd usually get to your maximum Power Charges a lot faster.

"
superbomb1967 wrote:
Also, 22 chaos for a 5-link minimum isn't cheap for most beginners - and the OP shows a 6 link which actually is insanely expensive.
It's the one I'm using after all.

You can play this with a 4/5/6-link or whatever you prefer (I have the gems listed in priority), but for this build Soul Mantle is by far the best chest on any budget.
Even on a 4-link it's better than pretty much anything else, even if it was 6-linked.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
"
superbomb1967 said: OK level 49 Unique. My mistake on the gem level. So You have to get to level 49 for this beginner build to work. Makes sense. Also, 22 chaos for a 5-link minimum isn't cheap for most beginners - and the OP shows a 6 link which actually is insanely expensive.

Wow. Did you read the guide? He actually gave a level by level guide for how to level to the point where you can switch to the uniques. Specific with cheap leveling uniques and alternate spells. Oh, and what alternate passive skills you should buy and then later refund with respecs you get for free from the story.

The 5 or 6 link are nice, but not at all necessary. This build took so little resources to get off the ground, and was so detailed and beginner friendly, it was insane.

"
superbomb1967 said: OK level 49 Unique. My mistake on the gem level. So You have to get to level 49 for this beginner build to work. Makes sense. Also, 22 chaos for a 5-link minimum isn't cheap for most beginners - and the OP shows a 6 link which actually is insanely expensive.

Wow. Did you read the guide? He actually gave a level by level guide for how to level to the point where you can switch to the uniques. Specific with cheap leveling uniques and alternate spells. Oh, and what alternate passive skills you should buy and then later refund with respecs you get for free from the story.

The 5 or 6 link are nice, but not at all necessary. This build took so little resources to get off the ground, and was so detailed and beginner friendly, it was insane.

"
superbomb1967 wrote:

OK level 49 Unique. My mistake on the gem level. So You have to get to level 49 for this beginner build to work. Makes sense. Also, 22 chaos for a 5-link minimum isn't cheap for most beginners - and the OP shows a 6 link which actually is insanely expensive.

Sorry, but this is dumb. Next you say "Sunder isn't beginner-friendly because you can only use it with level 12."? How about you simply use something else until you reach level 49? Like you do it with every single item you equip later on.
You can buy a Soul Mantle and 4-link it yourself, which costs almost nothing and is enough to clear at least until t10 or higher.

Why did you replace Firestorm with Fire Blast? I tried and I felt Fire Blast is hard to hit with totem. I used Firestorm until 49. Did I miss something about how to use Fire Blast?

And when I got to level 49 it felt pretty easy with a 4L Soul Mantle. Thank you for the guide.
Last edited by nbminh5595 on Feb 1, 2018, 9:55:20 AM
I know I came off badly in my rant. I am new to the game, so please forgive my ignorance. The point I'm trying to make is if I look up a build for something I want to play that build. Spamming firestorm (for example) or some other unrelated skill until late levels just doesn't sound right to me. I think I'm looking at this game from the point of view of a different game and need to adjust my perspective.

MY apologies to the OP. Thank you for your input.
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
I know I came off badly in my rant. I am new to the game, so please forgive my ignorance. The point I'm trying to make is if I look up a build for something I want to play that build. Spamming firestorm (for example) or some other unrelated skill until late levels just doesn't sound right to me. I think I'm looking at this game from the point of view of a different game and need to adjust my perspective.

MY apologies to the OP. Thank you for your input.

No problem, don't worry about it. You simply need to accept that there are requirements for certain things. For example Cyclone, you need to be level 28 before you can even use that skill, same goes for Dark Pact.
In the early levels you can almost play anything, just pick what you feel comfortable with until you can swap to the actualy build you want to play. Until you reach the higher levels your gear will change every few level ups anyway.

That's how ARPG's work. You don't get access to everything at level 1. It is deffinetly worth your perspective in that way. Once you leveled up a few characters you will see that is isn't as as bad as you think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info