[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

"
hey! I've been following this build, but recently I'm feeling really squishy... could you help me out? I'm somewhat new to the game, and this is only my second char I do trying to follow a guide... I'm not sure where I went wrong
You need to set your profile to public or I can't see if you're doing something wrong.

Check if you have these things:
"
Mind over Matter (passive skill), using only Clarity to reserve your mana.
"
Get basic gear using mostly rare items:
• Cap your elemental resistances (75%).
• Try to get a good (at least 40) life roll on every item that can have one.
"
3 Link Gem Setup
Cast When Damage Taken (Level 1) - Immortal Call (Level 3) - Enfeeble (Level 5)

I think it's public now
I willfix the 3 gem setup (was leveling CWDT with the other gems, so it was still working, but now I feel stupid lol) and after that I started to fix my resistances and life...
not perfect but already way better than it was when I first messaged
Does this setup do physical damage?
If it does would a "Carnage Heart Onyx Amulet" be a good addition?
+12 to all Attributes
+20 to all Attributes
+20% to all Elemental Resistances
1.27% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life
50% increased Life Leeched per second
33% increased Damage while Leeching
Extra gore
"
I think it's public now
I willfix the 3 gem setup (was leveling CWDT with the other gems, so it was still working, but now I feel stupid lol) and after that I started to fix my resistances and life...
not perfect but already way better than it was when I first messaged
Looking at your profile, it's mostly what I posted already.

Get Mind over Matter, too - It's really powerful. If you feel like you have mana problems, get Deep Thoughts next.
If you're still having trouble, a movement skill + fortify and a defensive flask (like Rumi's Concoction) can also help you.

"
OTazMan wrote:
Does this setup do physical damage?
If it does would a "Carnage Heart Onyx Amulet" be a good addition?
+12 to all Attributes
+20 to all Attributes
+20% to all Elemental Resistances
1.27% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life
50% increased Life Leeched per second
33% increased Damage while Leeching
Extra gore
Nope, no physical damage.
Even if we had that, the totems would leech life for themselves which makes the amulet mostly useless.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
The beauty of this build is in magic find. Unlike many other builds which scale into endgame based on incremental boosts from all your gear, the bulk of this builds strength is coming from your soul mantle(really any 4L or higher), your flagellation jewel, and then your two necessary rings. Then maybe a bright beak if you want high movement speed, or divinarius for more dmg, or a crafted item for a mix of both. Everything else really is a wash unless you’re talking endgame, at which point there are definitely better boss killer builds out there. For generic mapping, IMO you are doing it wrong if you aren’t maximiing magic find in every slot possible. I’ve killled corrupted Phoenix like 8 Times now while wearing goldrim and sadimas lol. It’s a shame you can’t really wear ventors in this guild. One of the corrupted phoenixes had a tormented spirit in the room even which buffed him ( there really should be an achievement for killing a shaper guardian that has tormented spirit buff)

Speaking of endgame, anyone have tips on Minotaur?unlike Phoenix I can’t just dodge around everywhere to avoid him because i Am getting paralyzed or stunned frequently somehow, and then he burrows under me for a 1 shot. Also the collapsing roof aorta sucks. Got him to about 30% but seems like fight gets harder at low health and I don’t want to waste any more maps
"
Silence3000 wrote:
hi, this is my gear but I cannot do minotaur/hydra without dieing, what I'm doing wrong?

Also to OTazMan & Mathemoto.

Once you are done with leveling, I recommend lvl 92 minimum, you switch to Hierophant with passive tree (its level 96).

For Alluring Abyss bosses, Shaper and Phoenix you take Concentrated Effect except trio, where AoE gem can be better - depends on jewels/dps and playstyle. Amulet with Cast Speed is imo best choice. In HO its 62k dps, 150k with curses + Power Charges - 190k with Arcane Surge. Concentrated Effect is 250k - 300k with Arcane Surge (in Harbinger it was stable 300k with occasional 350k - dont remember with Arcane Surge).

Minotaur: you put totems and when he dive underground, you move few meters away from your last spot and put totems on the spot.

Hydra: put totems around her and use fast movement flask and walk in circle around her: move > totem > move > totem ...

For maps: I am using movement speed flask - move > totem > move > totem.. and sometimes dagger with whirling blades in offhand.

I wouldnt use Shield Charge - its hard to control vs Whirling Blades. And Kaoms boots are bis.

For leveling more attack speed gloves + dagger + Whirling Blades combo is imo best option due super fast dodge (some attack speed on jewels can be also helpful), for map bosses movement flask is best (I had two of them with 60% - 70% movement speed).

Last edited by Rexeos on Feb 5, 2018, 7:46:29 AM
Hey guys,

So I started this Scion this past weekend and so far it's playing a lot like my Firestorm witch. I'm looking forward to gaining more levels so I can switch to the dark pact style.

I have a question related to Immortal Call gem. Where are the endurance charges coming from? On my witch I use the Warlord's Mark gem, but I see no such curse or skill that is generating endurance charges.

Can someone please enlighten me?

Also, is this a totems/melee build? I see some melee skills in there. Is it a hybrid caster/melee. I'm not clear on the play style I'm aiming for.

Thank you.
Last edited by superbomb1967 on Feb 5, 2018, 12:17:52 PM
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
Hey guys,

So I started this Scion this past weekend and so far it's playing a lot like my Firestorm witch. I'm looking forward to gaining more levels so I can switch to the dark pact style.

I have a question related to Immortal Call gem. Where are the endurance charges coming from? On my witch I use the Warlord's Mark gem, but I see no such curse or skill that is generating endurance charges.

Can someone please enlighten me?

Also, is this a totems/melee build? I see some melee skills in there. Is it a hybrid caster/melee. I'm not clear on the play style I'm aiming for.

Thank you.
You don't necessarily need endurance charges for Immortal Call, they just increase the duration. Even without the charges, it's a very good defensive setup against burst damage and that you'll see on a lot of builds.

It's purely a totem build. The melee skills you see (Whirling Blades/Shield Charge) are there to increase your mobility, grant fortify and make you able to charge into/out of enemies.
Builds and Guides:
Thanks for sticking around and replying to all these questions. Got one more for you if that's okey.

I saw Mathils Self Cast Dark Pact video the other day, and it's kind of ridiculous how powerful that one is. What's the biggest difference comparing these two builds? He's using "The Covenant" chest, Spell Echo in gems setup for Dark Pact. He's recommending Area Dmg for good dps on jewels. What's your take on it?
"
Mathemoto wrote:
Thanks for sticking around and replying to all these questions. Got one more for you if that's okey.

I saw Mathils Self Cast Dark Pact video the other day, and it's kind of ridiculous how powerful that one is. What's the biggest difference comparing these two builds? He's using "The Covenant" chest, Spell Echo in gems setup for Dark Pact. He's recommending Area Dmg for good dps on jewels. What's your take on it?
Mathil's build was pretty much his personal hipster variant of last league's DP Zerker. These builds don't really work anymore because they relied on instant leech Vaal Pact.
You can still play self-cast DP nowadays, but mostly only with Skeletons or as Slayer.

In retrospective, self-cast was on a similiar power level. If optimised, it was a bit faster and could facetank, whereas this build can handle more map mods and has the classic totem safety.
Totems have a higher DPS potential, but require you to have 2-3 of them (and Wither) up to reach that.
Builds and Guides:
Thank you Shep. I had no idea that Immortal Call worked without the charges. The tool tip lead me to believe they were required. I bought my required Uniques last night so I'm really looking forward to trying this out when I hit 49.

Thanks again for all of your input.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info