[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

Hard to play this character while trying to follow the skill tree. Even with the recommended leveling gear. Seem to be dying alot more often then when I was running life builds. ES doesn't seem to stack up as HP does. I take it all falls into place into the later levels when the high level gear comes into play?
"
ImAncient wrote:
Until you have enlighten 3 in the vortex helmet, you need to take a few tree points to reduce the reservations. Enlighten 1 I think is 3 points (one to get to 2 reservation reduction nodes) and an enlighten 2 should be just 1 point. I am almost to that point.

Be VERY careful, you can reserve 100% mana and sit there and cast everything in the hideout... because at 100% you cast free. Out in the battle, you need to be able to cast if not 100% es.

I'm having this issue right now im level 2 (lvl 3 with vertex) enlighen but when I'm in battle im constantly unable to cast spells because im not 100% ES. Suggestions?
I have added the aura question into the FAQ part of the guide

"
WhiteDar wrote:
Hard to play this character while trying to follow the skill tree. Even with the recommended leveling gear. Seem to be dying alot more often then when I was running life builds. ES doesn't seem to stack up as HP does. I take it all falls into place into the later levels when the high level gear comes into play?

Yes all ES builds have more survivability problems during the leveling process then in endgame with proper gear, this is manageable though and several players have played this build in hardcore without deaths.

The leveling section of the guide recommends mind over matter with most of your mana unreserved and life nodes. If you are dying alot then Its probably because you have not gotten enough of those life nodes but there is always the option of just powering through until you hit the level requirements to wear the actual ES gear when life starts to be obsolete
Last edited by WaffleT on Mar 19, 2018, 3:38:22 PM
"
chansplace wrote:
"
ImAncient wrote:
Until you have enlighten 3 in the vortex helmet, you need to take a few tree points to reduce the reservations. Enlighten 1 I think is 3 points (one to get to 2 reservation reduction nodes) and an enlighten 2 should be just 1 point. I am almost to that point.

Be VERY careful, you can reserve 100% mana and sit there and cast everything in the hideout... because at 100% you cast free. Out in the battle, you need to be able to cast if not 100% es.

I'm having this issue right now im level 2 (lvl 3 with vertex) enlighen but when I'm in battle im constantly unable to cast spells because im not 100% ES. Suggestions?

My enlighten is still only 1, so I need two reduction nodes. At your level, I think the single reduction node over by CI would be enough.
Did anyone kill uber elder yet with this build? Having a real blast with the build and I am and curious if it's possible. A clip of it would be even better.
Last edited by foojin on Mar 20, 2018, 10:42:11 AM
"
foojin wrote:
Did anyone kill uber elder yet with this build? Having a real blast with the build and I am and curious if it's possible. A clip of it would be even better.

Killed everything up to uber elder all deathless uber atziri was a breeze just trying to find a light pen / disc watchers eye and 1 more level than going to give it a whirl shouldn't be a problem. Did red Elder with this build at lvl 81 with lvl 16 0qual gems lol having a blast so far

Last edited by Bap on Mar 20, 2018, 12:13:18 PM
"
ImAncient wrote:
"
chansplace wrote:
"
ImAncient wrote:

My enlighten is still only 1, so I need two reduction nodes. At your level, I think the single reduction node over by CI would be enough.

I'll try it out thanks!
Hey, leveled this Char as my second this league since i dont like the miner-playstyle i started with.

So far it was a realy nice experience. i started with the gear you sugggested except the bodyarmour i chose a tabula. Switched at lvl 75 to a Atziris Splendour 5 Link (but not the high es one since its too expensive right now). This was also the time i switched from hybrid (1,5k life 3,5k es) to Ci (5,2k Es currently)

My gear so far:

Just using purity of elements and discipline. Will start leveling enlighten now so i can pick up last aura.

Thx again for this build. I rly enjoy this Int stacking synergie :D

I'm confused on why my es is not hitting upper 9k-10k and for the gem set up I assume you are using increased area to map and concentrated to boss?

Ps. Build has felt great to destroy content with and I'm looking forward to beating guardians and shaper once I manage to link my chest properly T_T
"
chansplace wrote:
"
ImAncient wrote:
"
chansplace wrote:

So I tried using that mana reducation node by CI and im still getting screwed by being unable to cast when in battle sometimes. Any other ideas maybe OP can give an opinion because I watched your red elder video and it looked like you had no problem with being unable to cast. The only other option for me is to not use Purity and just get gems that give resists to cap them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info