[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

Just a small update on my build in BHC. Just downed all the guardians and Shaper today at lvl90. Got this badboy on the first try :)

I will try to spawn red elder now and farm some jewels. I find it hard to sustain red maps this league though.
"
WaffleT wrote:
You have a watchers eye that doesn't have any of the stats that this build can use so its essentially just a 5% ES jewel which is really bad.

I am curious what you think of a watchers eye that converts 23% of phys to ele dmg while running PoE. Is that worth the jewel socket or would a 3 stat int\as\dmg jewel have your preference?

And 5L atizir splendour or 6L shavs+resist jewel?

As a last note - this entropy shield/evasion setup is just awesome, I really had to get used to the idea of just running into packs without having leech to instantly get me back up to full. The only thing I can imagine this build 'lacks' is max resists. I'd wish there was a way to run 3 purities but I don't see a good way to make that work without giving up evasion (shavs).
Last edited by foojin on Mar 22, 2018, 5:47:09 AM
"
Pure Talent is great value on par with a top rolled 4 stat jewel even including the 2 extra skill points you need to spend to connect to the scion start. I haven't included that in the tree but I recommend connecting to the scion after getting one

Thanks for your help earlier with my gear.

With regards Pure Talent I assume all you need to do is take the two extra attack speed passive nodes to link to the Scion starter area? I've never tried this before!
"
akarlgren wrote:
Just a small update on my build in BHC. Just downed all the guardians and Shaper today at lvl90.

I will try to spawn red elder now and farm some jewels. I find it hard to sustain red maps this league though.

Nice, happy to hear that the build is going smoothly for you in hardcore :)

"
foojin wrote:

I am curious what you think of a watchers eye that converts 23% of phys to ele dmg while running PoE. Is that worth the jewel socket or would a 3 stat int\as\dmg jewel have your preference?

And 5L atizir splendour or 6L shavs+resist jewel?

As a last note - this entropy shield/evasion setup is just awesome, I really had to get used to the idea of just running into packs without having leech to instantly get me back up to full. The only thing I can imagine this build 'lacks' is max resists. I'd wish there was a way to run 3 purities but I don't see a good way to make that work without giving up evasion (shavs).

Just physical damage taken as elemental is decent but I don't think good enough to buy. If you happen to have one then I think using it is fine but If not then save up for one of the better options.

I'd totally go 5L spelndour over 6L shavs. The ES and all res are generally more important then the extra link at that point.

I don't find elemental damage that much of a concern but if you wanted to mitigate it more then in my opinion Incandescent Heart is a much better option then shavs and I have a section discussing it in the FAQ.

Incandescent Heart
- 25% Less ele dmg taken (equal to +6% max resistance)
- 20% of elemental damage added as extra chaos damage
- Same ES as shavs
- No resistances so you need 3 more resistance jewels

Shavs
- Same ES as heart
- Costs 3 nodes for sovereignty so can run 3 purities for +4% max resist
- Loses you 3 sockets in gear for the blood magic - purities setup
- Disables "Damage while on full life" support gem which loses you alot of damage

"
Vickery wrote:

With regards Pure Talent I assume all you need to do is take the two extra attack speed passive nodes to link to the Scion starter area? I've never tried this before!

Yeah after putting in a pure talent jewel you just refund two lightning damage nodes then take those two attack speed nodes which are decent nodes by themselves and then you get a bonus +25 all attributes because you are connected to the scion

Just a tip but your "If you've killed recently" boot enchant will never be active because totem builds never kill, your totem getting a kill does not count as you killing recently. Its also why "added lightning damage if you haven't killed recently" will always be active even while your totems are killing.
Just wanted to chime in with a testimonial here.

I started playing this game in 3.0/Harbringer, and I was able to down shaper each league, but never even came close to uber atziri. With this build, I basically walked right over her (had 2 deaths, but 100% my fault, not the build). I've never had an easier time with end game bosses. The DPS is real, the tankiness is real, nothing about this build is a meme or a bait. A lot of guide authors use white guardian maps to show their build off and other deceptive tactics... but this build is the REAL DEAL.

I constantly run maps that would be super rippy on any other build (ie, -max res with monsters do XXX% additional damage as fire & cold) with no issues. I can easily do Lab, Red Maps, Red Elder (flawlessly, with shaper alive - another thing a lot of builds can't do), Uber Atziri, and even MOST of HOTGM (need a different setup to handle the troll block build). The only mods I reroll are no regen, ele reflect, and temp chains (aside from no regen, not because it can't, but because it's annoying). The only truly expensive item I have is the watchers eye with %mana to ES and wrath lightning pen, but the build stomped all the content even without it... it was just icing on the overpowered cake. I still don't have a real helm or boot enchant, and it doesn't matter.

I haven't been able to try uber elder yet because my elder spawns aren't being cooperative to help me complete the zana fragments, but I have high confidence in the build. My only regret is that the fated Atziri shield is so darn rare, because that would take this build to really the next level. And also that I have to play a grumpy scottish grandpa who doesn't wear pants.

For those that don't like the totem play style, the author has a build which uses Molten Strike on an Ascendant. I'm sure that's real, too (though I can't speak from experience). Would be awesome to see other takes on the build! (Challenge to Waffle: make a variant for each base class using a different ability? :P)

If you want to check out my character, it's "XyrmsBeastBait" (I was sure this build was a bait when I created it... I was wrong). The watcher's eye isn't in my passive tree ATM as it's on loan to a friend, but the rest is there.
Last edited by Xyrm on Mar 22, 2018, 11:37:01 AM
"
Xyrm wrote:
Just wanted to chime in with a testimonial here.

I've never had an easier time with end game bosses. The DPS is real, the tankiness is real, nothing about this build is a meme or a bait. A lot of guide authors use white guardian maps to show their build off and other deceptive tactics... but this build is the REAL DEAL.

The only mods I reroll are no regen, ele reflect, and temp chains (aside from no regen, not because it can't, but because it's annoying).

I haven't been able to try uber elder yet because my elder spawns aren't being cooperative to help me complete the zana fragments, but I have high confidence in the build. My only regret is that the fated Atziri shield is so darn rare, because that would take this build to really the next level. And also that I have to play a grumpy scottish grandpa who doesn't wear pants.

Would be awesome to see other takes on the build! (Challenge to Waffle: make a variant for each base class using a different ability? :P)

Thanks for the words its nice hearing people enjoying the build.

Out of curiosity what made you think this was a bait build? I know I keep an eye out for those kinds of tricks too but its hard to differentiate from them. I deliberately don't include vessal of vinktar shock, vaal haste or frenzy charges in my dps numbers because even though this build can use those things I don't. Its hard to tell if people just assume you are using them though as other builds this one will be compared to will probably include them in their numbers

I always run no regen, including guardian maps. Just turn off wrath or discipline and you have more then enough mana to run the map. 0 mana costs while at full ES and only 18 mana cost when damaged. ES recharge is more the defense then the ES regen so thats not a concern either. I often run temp chains too and just try to keep 100% uptime on my removes curse flask. ele reflect isn't worth doing though

I wanted to get a video of uber elder up but after a week of chasing elder around the atlas I think I'm just giving up

Hand of Wisdom and Action is my favorite weapon and I have some quite some time theorycrafting with the other classes. Sadly all of the good attack skills (molten strike, bladeflurry or spectral throw) are all best with scion. I'd be ok with a sidegrade but not happy if another ascendancy just does it worse then the ascendant
Anyone able to get uber elder down with this build yet? I rip'd 2 shaper sets tonight trying, closest I got was just above half life. Seems doable just need more practice
For HC the pantheon that prevents chain is a must + boots with stun enchant or kiaras determination. Overall, nice build but the totem arming speed is so slow and kinda clunky...
"
Hewbztron wrote:
Anyone able to get uber elder down with this build yet? I rip'd 2 shaper sets tonight trying, closest I got was just above half life. Seems doable just need more practice

What kind of gear do you have?
"
foojin wrote:
"
Hewbztron wrote:

What kind of gear do you have?

My jewels could use some work I think. Im sitting at about 10.1K health but would like to increase that once i have the currency for a good watcher's eye.
Last edited by Hewbztron on Mar 23, 2018, 9:45:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info