Elemental Equilibrium

Will the damage over time of Ignite cause EE to be applied?
"
Enreign wrote:
Will the damage over time of Ignite cause EE to be applied?

no, only on hits
esvban on youtube
Quick question. If I use shock nova and a monster is hit while in the "No damage zone" part of shock nova. Will they still be debuffed by elemental equilibrium?
"
Lionguild wrote:
Quick question. If I use shock nova and a monster is hit while in the "No damage zone" part of shock nova. Will they still be debuffed by elemental equilibrium?

No damage is dealt, so I would say no. You need to "Hit with elemental damage", not just "be in the AoE of a spell".
when I level up I will test it to be sure. If I use it on monsters with no base fire or ice resist, the monsters should say vulnerable if it works.
When you use firestorm, the first firestorm hit applies the 25% res to fire immediately, or after the whole effect? If it applies immediately then this is a poor keystone for firestorm
Every individual hit triggers EE.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Malzarius wrote:
I really think this needs to be reworked it makes it very annoying to use unless you want to go back and forth between 2 spells
Going back and forth between two different skills (or weapons) that deal different elements is pretty much the entire point of this keystone. It's specifically about rewarding the effort of alternating which elements you hit with.

Interestingly, using it in melee is easier than with spells (dual wielding two weapons with different elemental bonuses will alternate all the time), but gearing for using it in melee is harder (actually getting those weapons and having added damage on other gear be non-elemental, or of the third element, takes a lot of time).

Since gear, once found, is pretty much always there, this means that dual-wield EE builds will slowly become easier to put together as more appropriate gear is found and made available for trade to those looking for it.

i think you are totally wrong here.

i)element X on 1st weapon slot and element Y,Z on second weapon slot
or
ii) element X @1st wpn, element Y @ 2nd, element Z aura and gear,
is not enough (not even close) to make a build around it.

the point is, you cant use anything else of what makes elemental-damage so good.
no 3-type-rolls
no ele-rings
no ele-gloves
no %-based skills(lightningstrike, glacial, inferno)
no elemental auras
no added-elemental supportgems

even if you use only half of this list, and no EE, you will end up better.
the math is easy, i dont have to try it out. math says it is not worth it.

the keystone would be great if it doesnt trigger when all 3 elements are involved (like the wiki says, but your previous post shows this case gives -25% to all)

i guess it works good somehow, but annoying, if you alternate two spells, like FPulse and fireball or so... sounds underwhelming to me.

but the biggest problem stays: group-play-ability is totally crap.
it simply doesnt work in group.
this point is a NO-GO and should really be addresed i think.

just my 2cents
Really nobody thought about pure phys builds, alternating between infernal blow and glacial hammer? Can still take elemental weapon nodes, elemental weapon supports and crit gear.

Glacial strike to apply chill/frozen and -50% fire / -50% lightning for party
Infernal blow to blow them up, aoe -50% cold / -50% lightning for party

Play with someone who uses lightning damage to apply 220% damage bonus ( 3 shock charges ) and you are golden.

I'm trying something right now but won't discuss it yet, this is probably THE best key node if used in the right build. Remember that 75% resists -> 25% resists = 3x more damage
Last edited by Struyk on Feb 8, 2013, 10:20:26 AM
I have a quick question regarding this passive. If I go pure frost but add +lightning damage gem. Will the lightning damage occur after the frost damage thus setting the resists to cold always at -50%?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info