Elemental Equilibrium

"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
Chowy wrote:
Does this stack, if i whack enemies with cold dmg 2 times, will there be -100% resis to the other elements?

curious about this as well
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Each hit (that deals either 1 or 2 elements of damage) triggers EE, causing a new buff based on that hit's elemental type(s), which replaces any EE buff already on the target
RTFT
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
This passive should only work on whatever element did the most damage in a hit, because right now trying to use it on a melee character means your weapon, belt, ring and amulet choices are so limited in case you end up with some 1-2 fire damage added or some useless shit.
How does this passive work if I have fireball supported by lesser multiple projectiles?

If I strike the same enemy with all 3 projectiles (point blank), do the 2nd and 3rd fireballs deal reduced damage or the same amount of damage as the first fireball?
Last edited by Winsomniac on Jan 31, 2013, 6:15:56 PM
So, what about my plan for a dual-element Templar based on AOE Ice Nova followed up by Lightning Strike, as long as I get the Ice Nova in before they hit me (because of block chance + Tempest Shield) that would benefit me DESPITE any imbued weapon damage because Ice Nova will just be purely Ice damage and the Lightning Strikes damage will be, obviously, predominently Lightning... Should work, right? Lol..

And theoretically, I could switch this by hitting a Lightning resistant mob with LS first, then switching to Ice Nova? Or would that only work provided i had no cold damage anywhere on my equipment so that they didn't get +25% resists to that as well...
I really think this needs to be reworked it makes it very annoying to use unless you want to go back and forth between 2 spells, very hard for melle.

You hit with Fire,Ice,and Lighting in one attack I think it should give -25% to all resists or switch between them 1 by 1 with each attack.

No, the -% resist needs to be increased to make up for the slow killing speed of alternating spells (spamming the same spell without EE is clearly faster at killing than alternating between different skills of different elements. It seems like even if both skills have identical cast times it takes longer to cast when alternating because of some weird animation stuff.)

Or the +25% should only apply to the dominate element in every hit. So if you have 1-2 fire and 1-8 lightning damage on your Glacial Hammer you can actually use it with EE without totally gimping yourself. In this example since you'd be doing way more cold it would get +25% and the other two would both be -50%.
"
Malzarius wrote:
I really think this needs to be reworked it makes it very annoying to use unless you want to go back and forth between 2 spells
Going back and forth between two different skills (or weapons) that deal different elements is pretty much the entire point of this keystone. It's specifically about rewarding the effort of alternating which elements you hit with.

Interestingly, using it in melee is easier than with spells (dual wielding two weapons with different elemental bonuses will alternate all the time), but gearing for using it in melee is harder (actually getting those weapons and having added damage on other gear be non-elemental, or of the third element, takes a lot of time).

Since gear, once found, is pretty much always there, this means that dual-wield EE builds will slowly become easier to put together as more appropriate gear is found and made available for trade to those looking for it.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 3, 2013, 1:40:40 AM
Hey Mark, two specific questions from me:

I haven't found an answer yet to the LMP question posted many times before. I know it's pretty hard to answer definitively because of to the target/AoE distinctions and timings, but I'll phrase it this way:
(A) When is the EE trigger processed? If all three projectiles of an LMP Fireball hits a single large enemy in the same game frame, will the all three hits trigger EE to be processed at the end of that frame and thus benefit from EE fully? Or, are the hits cued sequentially so that the first hit triggers EE before the other two will process?

Would like this, because...
- end-of-frame or end-of-ability triggers lead to complex behaviour.
- sequential answer definitively rules out LMP and EE in every possible scenario.

(B) Are there current plans for a prismatic spell analogous to elemental hit?
I ask this one because I currently have EE on my witch with 4 skills dedicated to her EE abilities. There's a lot of sockets sunk into getting them to work together happily with supports and other skills.

= = =
Also Open Beta feedback:
- I like the new mechanics. It's simple and makes life so much easier in terms of organisation, and against elemental resistant enemies.
- Works out with Anger+Added Fire Damage minions, and using Cold Nova/Shock Nova.
Hi, I want to know this, too.
Is it worth taking EE when using freezing pulse with LMP (and a second skill of course)?

"
zharmad wrote:
Hey Mark, two specific questions from me:

I haven't found an answer yet to the LMP question posted many times before. I know it's pretty hard to answer definitively because of to the target/AoE distinctions and timings, but I'll phrase it this way:
(A) When is the EE trigger processed? If all three projectiles of an LMP Fireball hits a single large enemy in the same game frame, will the all three hits trigger EE to be processed at the end of that frame and thus benefit from EE fully? Or, are the hits cued sequentially so that the first hit triggers EE before the other two will process?

Would like this, because...
- end-of-frame or end-of-ability triggers lead to complex behaviour.
- sequential answer definitively rules out LMP and EE in every possible scenario.
"
zharmad wrote:
All hits are always processed entirely separately. If you hit a guy with three fireballs, one will hit first, applying EE, and then the next will hit at reduced damage (re-applying EE), then the last will hit.

"
zharmad wrote:
(B) Are there current plans for a prismatic spell analogous to elemental hit?
Not that I'm aware of yet, but we are planning to ramp up production of new skills, and I will keep this concept in mind to suggest.

"
zharmad wrote:
Also Open Beta feedback:
- I like the new mechanics. It's simple and makes life so much easier in terms of organisation, and against elemental resistant enemies.
- Works out with Anger+Added Fire Damage minions, and using Cold Nova/Shock Nova.
Thanks. I was quite pleased to come up with the new version, and I agree it's much simpler and more intuitive than the old one where you had to work out each type separately and do the math to combine them. I was actually discussing a similar fire-minion, ice-nova-caster build with one of the alpha testers recently, I'd be interested to know how well such a concept works as an EE build variant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info