Elemental Equilibrium

"
pixelcat wrote:
I have a quick question regarding this passive. If I go pure frost but add +lightning damage gem. Will the lightning damage occur after the frost damage thus setting the resists to cold always at -50%?

No. Both damages are applied at the same time, resulting in +25 cold, +25 lightning and -50 fire.
Ok so if I have this skill and use, say, ice nova on a group of enemies. Would they "temporarily" have +25% against cold and -50% to all other elements meaning that if I hit them with my staff which does mainly elemental damage it would do additional damage. Also how long is temporary, is it until the next hit or is it for a certain amount of seconds?
"
Firedog661 wrote:
Ok so if I have this skill and use, say, ice nova on a group of enemies. Would they "temporarily" have +25% against cold and -50% to all other elements meaning that if I hit them with my staff which does mainly elemental damage it would do additional damage. Also how long is temporary, is it until the next hit or is it for a certain amount of seconds?

I think it's 5 seconds.
"
Cronos988 wrote:
"
Firedog661 wrote:

I think it's 5 seconds.

It would be worth figuring out whether increased buff/debuff duration passives affect EE as well.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
zharmad wrote:
Also Open Beta feedback:
- I like the new mechanics. It's simple and makes life so much easier in terms of organisation, and against elemental resistant enemies.
- Works out with Anger+Added Fire Damage minions, and using Cold Nova/Shock Nova.
Thanks. I was quite pleased to come up with the new version, and I agree it's much simpler and more intuitive than the old one where you had to work out each type separately and do the math to combine them. I was actually discussing a similar fire-minion, ice-nova-caster build with one of the alpha testers recently, I'd be interested to know how well such a concept works as an EE build variant.

Right. I might go seed my current SC witch running that idea with Elemental Weakness and a couple of gems. I played a totem-only variant in closed beta, which worked out anyway.
Last edited by zharmad on Feb 9, 2013, 5:48:12 AM
I believe it should provide a -25% overall elemental resistance bonus for all three elements if you strike with all three elements at the same time.
"
Unacceptable wrote:
I believe it should provide a -25% overall elemental resistance bonus for all three elements if you strike with all three elements at the same time.

Why? That would totally eliminate the point of the Keystone. It's about making you switch elements, not giving you a 25% bonus to damage for having 2 support gems.
"
Cronos988 wrote:

I should've elaborated on that.
I just think an "elemental balance" build should be rewarded. Say, if you deal an equal amount of fire, cold and Lightning damage, you would get 25% overall elemental resistance bonus to damage/penalty to enemies, decreasing down from 0% depending on the differences between damages. An ideal 1:1:1 fire:ice:lightning damage ratio would give -25% while a 10:1:1 would give very little or nothing to not abuse support gems.(but also reward them, it's not like it's no effort at all to take away 2 sockets)
Hard to crunch some ideal numbers but I think that would be the best inituitive way.
Last edited by Unacceptable on Feb 9, 2013, 9:05:47 AM
"
Unacceptable wrote:
"
Cronos988 wrote:

I should've elaborated on that.
I just think an "elemental balance" build should be rewarded. Say, if you deal an equal amount of fire, cold and Lightning damage, you would get 25% overall elemental resistance bonus to damage/penalty to enemies, decreasing down from 0% depending on the differences between damages. An ideal 1:1:1 fire:ice:lightning damage ratio would give -25% while a 10:1:1 would give very little or nothing to not abuse support gems.(but also reward them, it's not like it's no effort at all to take away 2 sockets)
Hard to crunch some ideal numbers but I think that would be the best inituitive way.

Now that I think about it, that's a better idea for a skill rather than a keystone passive, no downside here.

Nevermind =3
would be nice if there was a "no help" option to make other players auras not effect you?

would make this skill much more versatile!

also, im assuming chaos dmg plays no part in this?
ign = ultrahiangle
Last edited by ultrahiangle on Feb 9, 2013, 9:06:35 PM
I am really, genuinely trying to make EE work.

However, there's two issues that -to me- break the keystone and make it a mere nuisance:

1.This is the single strongest debuff in game, yet there's no visual indicator whatsoever. I can't miss the ignite-effect on a monster, even if it's just 10dps on a lvl 50, yet a 50% resistance reduction goes entirely unnoticed.

2.And yes, it indicates it right under the monster's health bar. However, its resistances only update once you move the cursor away and back on the mob. That results in the mob's resistances being shown as the exact opposite of what they actually are.
The only cure for it is moving you cursor away and back every two seconds, which is both annoying and inhibiting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info