[3.0] Wand’s Guide to Wanding – Comprehensive Overview of Wanders

Do you recommend using Slower Projectiles instead of Greater multiple projectiles, having only the Dying Sun? I'm in doubt, because at the moment I have no barrage enchant in the helm.
"
im666im666 wrote:

Thanks for your input. Regarding equipment - you are right, that's what i've had in stash literally. About the pathing - I've imported the whole tree into PoB but i can't make a tree with same/more DPS for less/same amount of points. Every time i save 1-3 points i lose so much that i can't make up for it in 5+ points. I've been trying to fix pathing around mentioned nodes but no luck...

Just a quick example tree, should be an improvement over yours

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.2/AAAABAABAABeAl8DlgUtBbUHHgguDkgPxBGWFHUUsBa_GNsZjhnXG8gdgx3CIWAh0CP2JP0mlSepKgsuUzBbMHwyCTQgNZI2PTfUOyg7fECgQzFJUUp9SshNklFHVUtW-lpSXfJgQ2DeYeJirGVNZ6BsRmyMbj1uqm-ecFJybHNwdO108XXLdwd313rve257w38rf8aCHoMJhQ6HE4d2idOMNo19jX6NuY2_j2CVLpchmmGbXZuNnKSdqp-IoqOkDKTCpq-omqi7rJetM7F8tMW18re2uMq9Nr6AvqfBfMHzwnPC7MPmz93Tb9N-1CPYvdrB44Tjn-dU6mLtP-2D7g7vevDV8Yryl_1u_94=

But honestly, if you want to optimize, you should do the way mentioned in the guide -> scion elementalist
Last edited by vtepezh on Oct 18, 2017, 10:30:14 AM

Im having an awesome clear speed but a terrible dificult on single targets, i die in almost every boss fight, any tips on what i should upgrade next in order to facetank single targets?

Great guide btw.
"
babsbegood wrote:

Im having an awesome clear speed but a terrible dificult on single targets, i die in almost every boss fight, any tips on what i should upgrade next in order to facetank single targets?

Great guide btw.

Your vinktar is wrong, you do not need to add damage to spells, only to attack skills.
"
Fummon wrote:
Do you recommend using Slower Projectiles instead of Greater multiple projectiles, having only the Dying Sun? I'm in doubt, because at the moment I have no barrage enchant in the helm.

Well, since you are a raider:

x = number of proj pre GMP:, values are for lvl 20 gems, assuming 1 proj deals 1 dmg (for simplicity)

x*1.29 - (x+4)*0.74

The result is 0.34 for x=6, therefore SP is a bit stronger. It's not 100% accurate because of the slightly better quality bonus from GMP, the latter can be neglected. SP gives better shock, however, therefore SP.

For pathfinder SP wins by a much larger margin.
Last edited by juerk on Oct 18, 2017, 7:14:21 AM
Hi my gear

What to upgrade ? its fine for most maping atm i got terible problem with chimera and minotaur i know i am only 92 lvl folow your raider tree and got low life .Ofc vinktar i know but its to expensive atm for me maby penetration vinktar instead add to atack for now ? and aboute yriel armor add to atak speed its terible expensive what aboute other 2 ? its seems they add a nice dmg bost instead qotf its wil be goot choise to swap it for dmg bost ?
"
Shecutor wrote:
Hi my gear

What to upgrade ? its fine for most maping atm i got terible problem with chimera and minotaur i know i am only 92 lvl folow your raider tree and got low life .Ofc vinktar i know but its to expensive atm for me maby penetration vinktar instead add to atack for now ? and aboute yriel armor add to atak speed its terible expensive what aboute other 2 ? its seems they add a nice dmg bost instead qotf its wil be goot choise to swap it for dmg bost ?

You are playing a mapclearing setup with mediocre gear, so don't expect too much Vs guardians.
If you want to stick to this setup I would recommend
- vaal breach for esh mirror stacks (it's massive)
- ideally at least one of (vaal grace/decoy)
- vinktars
-at least 1 better ring with 2 of accuracy, Wed, flat
-ideally 5k+ life
Do not need to use a crafted flask to remove shock when using vinktar?
Hi guys i have a problem with single target. Can anyone tell me what should i do? Is it only get a better wand, opal rings? (I know there is a better vinktar option) Thanks in advance.

Last edited by pabro on Oct 19, 2017, 9:22:04 AM
"
pabro wrote:
Hi guys i have a problem with single target. Can anyone tell me what should i do? Is it only get a better wand, opal rings? (I know there is a better vinktar option) Thanks in advance. Also idk how to show you my gear. First time posting any advice would be really appreciated

Ok since you posted your gear:

- lvl up + get another dmg flask (atziri's) for single target (vs Minotaur + some other bosses the basalt is the right choice though).
- ruby ring is OK in general, if only not the combination with lycosidae..you may replace one or another (probably the ring)
- you really want more than just T3 lightning on your wand.
- divine your biscos, 55% quant is really low. Swap it for a good rare ammu for bosses (you probably already doing that, just in case).
-empower-enlighten-wrath (especially with your current wand)

Overall the gear doesn't look too bad single-target-wise..you are probably struggling with guardians/shaper or what's the problem?

Btw..this question as many others are quite..repetitive. It's really not you, but just the general approach of the most people in the poe-forums either posting a gear asking for a gearcheck or stating issues with single target (or mana leech). Someone answers the request only to have the same question asked again 2-3 posts later. And the story continues until "the thread is too long to read all the pages so pls help with single target".

Don't take me wrong - I think this question is perfectly viable, same with gearchecks. But the fact that a lot of good posts including the (very good btw.) build guide just disappear in irrelevance because most people are just asking "their" question and aren't willing to discuss or read the answers makes me a bit sad.

@fummon Raider/pathfinder don't need under certain conditions ("while phasing" as a raider or "while using a flask" as a pathfinder).
Last edited by juerk on Oct 19, 2017, 9:58:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info