[3.0] Wand’s Guide to Wanding – Comprehensive Overview of Wanders

I have a 80 level scion I would like to try to build this on.

How important are the ascendancy choices here fo end game clear speed/bosses?

Do you think if I took scion with ranger starting nodes that I could make a comparable build to this on equal terms?

thanks.
Theamazonbasin
I'm making this my second character of the league, since I've got some currency lying around, I've already bought pisc/5L queen/tempest binding... And a Vinktar and dying sun.

Considering I've got those two flasks, should I still go for raider, or switch to pathfinder?
I've been saving up and buying gear for this build and I'm finally ready to start it. I was always thinking of doing Scion Ele/Raider for the reflect immune and free frenzy, except now I'm really worried about not being ailment immune while using Vinktars (5k life in melee range of bosses seems dangerous)

Is Scion the best option for budget if you don't have Vinktars/Dying Sun and then you switch to Raider/PF or do people sacrifice a flask roll for shock immunity? I was going Vinktars / Dying Sun, / Quicksilver / Diamond / Jade (for QotF). Already have to roll freeze immunity on quicksilver, guess Jade would have to be shock immune? It makes Jade not as attractive without % evasion rolls on it.
I found major issue with damage you get in PoB.

You can't possibly shock Guardians / Shaper with your setup. Barage deals only 60k or so. It's wooping million less DPS than you promote in End-game section. 10% damage taken from Vinktar still applies though.
Hello, we from the Chinese Realm really like your build! We would like to translate it and share it with our community, allowing more people to experience the build (Links to your profile and this thread will be included). If you do not want it shared, we can remove it at your request
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
I found major issue with damage you get in PoB.

You can't possibly shock Guardians / Shaper with your setup. Barage deals only 60k or so. It's wooping million less DPS than you promote in End-game section. 10% damage taken from Vinktar still applies though.

PoB numbers are purely for bragging and promoting the thread (and this one is even p. reasonable), people are even doing angry youtube videos about it these days.

This build can theoretically do 3mil-ish peak shaper dps though, with all flasks up and good gear.
Normal peak dps will probably be more like 1-1.5mil
I've been trying the raider version of this for fun, and it is fun. My one concern is the low life pool with the build, and I can only find the budget build for PoB. 4500ish hitpoints is is that frequent one shot range. My necro is just over 6k and I still get that sliver of health one shot now and then on high tier maps, and all that character has to do is dodge.

Any advice or alternate build paths would be appreciated.

Edit: Found the expensive build path, no idea how it wasn't showing up. Its basically what I came up with putzing around with PoB after I posted, minus 50+ex or so worth of gear.
Last edited by Herculite on Oct 24, 2017, 5:08:10 PM
hi i love your build its agood build but i have aproblem i have this items:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/kond0/characters
and i cant do over tier 10 maps
maps tier 11 little hard
but maps tier 12 i die i donot one shot the monster :/
any help pliz
kond0

Hey Bro,

the creator of this thread wont answer you as far as I can see, he added a note for that at the top of the thread.

Seen from my point of view you just deal not enough damage.
Your gear looks good, follows the "Budget Version" described here in this thread.

The leech of Vaal Pact and Vessel of Vinktar will only help you greatly on higher maps if you deal a TON of damage to somehow immediately get back to full life after being hit HARD.

So I guess your problem is -> HARD hit... not enough fast leech -> next hit -> you die.

He describes that, telling us "Budget Version is somehow squishy".
And this is your problem.

This build can be CRAZY expensive if you want to achieve this huge amount of damage to deal with all maps up to T16 and bosses.

For example my wand -> 120 EX, my 2 rings -> 40 EX, boots and shield -> together another 20-30 EX.. and tempest binding with add Barrage 60EX.....

And to be honest... even those items are not the highest / best available out there, you can easily spend even more ex orbs :)

1-2 hints:
-> Your Vessel of Vinktar is the WRONG one. You Need one with "adds lightning damage to ATTACKS" !
try to afford some better items with more damage mods.. maybe another wand, but a rare one will only increase damage if total output is above 250 total ele damage.. better 300 ... and for those wands you can easily spend... 20-40 EX at least.... for the average ones :)

Hope that helped you a bit.
Last edited by Tobi123Tobs on Oct 27, 2017, 2:20:37 PM
Sorry for stupid question(really not trolling). Why we spend a lot of currency if shaper and guardians can be done deathless with 2-4ex budget with another builds?
p.s. in temp league most of players never achieve such budget, so they never achieve such damage and survivability
Last edited by RawDamage on Oct 27, 2017, 6:18:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info