[3.0] Another Crit Dark Pact but "SAFER & FUNNIER", In-depth. Now with "Speed/Nuke Weapon Swap Ver."

"
diabloyd wrote:
"
Flapdrol wrote:
Another question. Is it really good to take Kaom's Roots?
200 life is great, but it is not that hard to get to 5K evasion, especially with:

and then you start evading attacks quite regularly (especially on low life).

It seems a waste to sacrifice all that evasion for just 350 life or so?

"
Altissimus wrote:

I also have doubts about Kaom's roots, and am using this instead:

...which also solves any problems about gem slots.

However, I'm not sure the helm you have listed would still allow you to hit max resists after elemental weakness. Too many uniques? Tempting though...

I think it's worth a try, might be solid as well.

But the problem is that somehow you're depending on "luck". Sure it feels nice to evade, plus the Carcass provides a lot of evasion as well. But imagine you got stunned in a very intense situation, that might kill you already.

It might be viable, you just need to get some "stun recovery", pick the "cannot be stunned recently if you got stunned" Pantheon and you get less penalty from getting stunned. Plus you can evade .Seems nice.

But I just personally hate to be stunned and uncontrollable. So I myself will just stick to the Kaom's root I guess.

I'm not hitting the 75% all res after the highest level of elemental curse.

But it's like 70%, 72%, and 75% in a max lv elemental curse map, enough for me :S

Yes, I depend on luck with evasion, but the no-double-stun from the Pantheon is a life-saver. Sometimes I have take the 350ms on the chin, but that's it. Not yet sure how big my evasion% will be, but 25-30% seems perfectly feasible, which is a very significant damage reduction.

Items like
are expensive but really help in getting the evasion up. If only I had two, so I could corrupt them :)

For resists-when-you-have-many-uniques: jewels with life, (spell) crit mult and resists are not that expensive. To take it further I'm currently trying to fit in either:
- a Maligaro's Virtuosity as well for more crit and evasion (though getting the 4-off color I need will be a bitch ):)
- or a Death's Door, which rather expensively takes care of bleed once and for all, has 15% all res, but no evasion

And you do not *need* to fully overcap (unless you run in big groups). Lay aside all Ele Weakness maps, and once in a while switch to a cheap 3-res belt (belts with 40+/40+/40+ are very cheap if you do not require a top life roll as well) and run them all, with just a 10% penalty to dps for lack of Intimidation.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Aug 30, 2017, 10:43:39 AM
"
Altissimus wrote:
"
diabloyd wrote:

However the boss of Port can cause you to bleed, and that's a DoT which cannot "Savage Hit" and prevents you to trigger the "Cloaked in Savagery", therefore you don't have sufficient leech to maintain your life.

Hmm, I did not know that a bleed stops a "savage hit" from proccing!

So if you're bleeding for one health a second and someone hits you for 50% of your life pool during that bleed, there's no savage hit?!

just became even more important.

Is it the same for all DoT effects, or just bleed?

no no ...I didn't mean that way. Hits are hits, I meant DoT like bleed won't savage hit....you got hit during any DoT will still trigger the cloaked in savagery.
Ahh ok :)
"
Flapdrol wrote:

Yes, I depend on luck with evasion, but the no-double-stun from the Pantheon is a life-saver. Sometimes I have take the 350ms on the chin, but that's it. Not yet sure how big my evasion% will be, but 25-30% seems perfectly feasible, which is a very significant damage reduction.

Items like
are expensive but really help in getting the evasion up.

For resists-when-you-have-many-uniques: jewels with life, (spell) crit mult and resists are not that expensive. Currently trying to fit in either:
- a Maligaro's Virtuosity as well for more crit and evasion (though getting the 4-off color I need will be a bitch ):)
- or a Death's Door, which rather expensively takes care of bleed once and for all, has 15% all res, but no evasion

And you do not *need* to fully overcap (unless you run in big groups). Lay aside all Ele Weakness maps, and once in a while switch to a cheap 3-res belt (belts with 40+/40+/40+ are very cheap if you do not require a top life roll as well) and run them all, with just a 10% penalty to dps for lack of Intimidation.

Yeah I'm looking forward to your setup, plz do so and give me some feedback if possible.... I hate the slow-running-Kaom's-frikin'-root already lol
This is mu current gear. I'm still leveling at 79. The only change I will make to the tree is taking Nullification at some point: life, ele-res and more evasion.

Gear has not been optimized yet: after some unfortunate deaths against bleed and corrupting blood, I have decided to get a Death's Door. After that I need to get better rings (Diamonds with high life are very expensive). slam the shield and the ammy, and then I can get optimal jewels (with more damage and crit).

Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Aug 31, 2017, 7:18:19 AM
"
Flapdrol wrote:
This is mu current gear. I'm still leveling at 79. The only change I will make to your tree probably is taking Nullification at some point: life, ele-res and more evasion.

Gear has not been optimized yet: after some unfortunate deaths against bleed and corrupting blood, I have decided to get me a Death's Door. After that I need to get better rings (Diamonds with high life are very expensive) and then I can get optimal jewels (with more damage and crit).

What's your life total with this gear?

Can you max resistances if you swop the boots for Death's Door?

How the hell can you afford a 6L Carcass?! I really don't get how people make so much money in this league!
5700 life at level 79. I can max the resists without the boots,. but not overcap: I swap my belt on Elemental Weakness maps. The key is to have resists on your jewels as well.

And the money...this is my 2nd char, sold everything the 1st had to buy this gear (including the 21/20 gems) and the shield (which was quite expensive)

My key to money making is:
- Playing T14+ maps and up ASAP because that is where the big money items drop.
- Get a good cheap build (Spectre Summoner worked for me), put some MF on it and try to spend as little as possible on linking, coloring and buying.
- Find stuff and sell. Sell, sell and sell. Get a lot of tabs and sell stuff for 1-2 chaos or even alchs. Then sell more.
- The chaos recipe is your friend. I think I have created about 250 chaos, which is halfway to the 6L.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Aug 31, 2017, 6:14:20 AM
"
Altissimus wrote:

How the hell can you afford a 6L Carcass?! I really don't get how people make so much money in this league!

Well in my case, I dropped a Kaom's Heart...and I linked my own Carcass using 250 fusing, it's my first char xD
The problem I've always had with POE is that unless you are amongst the first 5% to hit T14+ maps, you basically fall further and further behind the curve. So if you're a casual player you will get there in the end, but the items you find will never be valuable in the market place by the time you find them.

Don't know if there's a solution to this really.
"
Altissimus wrote:
The problem I've always had with POE is that unless you are amongst the first 5% to hit T14+ maps, you basically fall further and further behind the curve. So if you're a casual player you will get there in the end, but the items you find will never be valuable in the market place by the time you find them.

Not true. Kaom's Heart, Tukohama, Anima Stone (just a few I know about) are still top dollar. And if you feel lucky, you can run Spider Forests, waiting for a 600 chaos The Doctor card to drop.
A rare jewel with life and 3 coordinated good mods fetches amazing prices.

And even if you were right, the fact that you get less money for your drops is nothing to worry about, since the items that you want to buy also become cheaper.

Alo: hitting T14 early is not enough to score big. To do that you must be able to farm the Uber Labyrinth or Uber Atziri as early as possible. As a casual this is impossible, since you are competing with teams (e.g for uber Atziri, you need several people to farm Sacrifices, some people to take those Sacrifices to do Atziri to farm Mortals, and one person who can take the Mortals and farm Uber Atziri). if you do this alone you will be too late.

There are few human activities where casuals can compete with non-casuals and POE is no exception. The top players have more experience and put more time in than you. I have played for years and have massed about 3K exalts worth of stuff and orbs in standard.

If you think that is a lot, take a look at pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1114670/page/1 to see what *real* wealth in POE looks like. I will *never* attain this, yet I keep playing.

Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Aug 31, 2017, 9:25:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info