[3.0] Another Crit Dark Pact but "SAFER & FUNNIER", In-depth. Now with "Speed/Nuke Weapon Swap Ver."

Well, apart from not being a smartass, do you have anything to offer in terms of advice? *What* piece of gear, apart from the 6link, should I get first? *How* would you respec the tree? I mean, it's not hard to grasp that when I say "I have no idea how to approach this without messing it up" I mean just that.

If you didn't have anything to contribute, why did you even answer my initial question? For shits and giggles?

"
diabloyd wrote:
"
_Pats_ wrote:
Huh, how would you propose to approach the changes? I simply have no idea what to change now.

Well besides the points explained by Altissimus, you've invested too much in crits, and your gems are not even level 20.

Try to get an Apep's Rage and a Belt of the deceiver, they're cheap and very solid.

As for the skill tree, you might need the node "Spell Damage per Power Charge", which is nice (right above the node "Instability"). Also, you'll need some more life (finish the Life Nodes circle of Constitution maybe)

Thank you, I'll check it out, though I built this with just my ideas, I thought crits were essential. I'll try to reorganize the tree, though I'll have to swap out other gear aswell for that belt. Is it worth in your opinion to swap out for the belt (that gives damage, yes, but cuts out the 140 flat hp + resistances)? I'll have to see where to get the other missing res then.

Yes, the gems are not 20, true - I just meant the overall approach on how to better the build in long term, I didn't ask "how to get this damage instantly", though it might have come out that way, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks for the help, I'l lget back to you once I complete the changes/have more questions, is that all right?
Last edited by _Pats_ on Aug 26, 2017, 7:31:31 AM
"
_Pats_ wrote:

Is it worth in your opinion to swap out for the belt (that gives damage, yes, but cuts out the 140 flat hp + resistances)? I'll have to see where to get the other missing res then.

The belt also gives you 40~50 life, and 10-15% All res, which is not that bad. The Intimidate though, makes the enemy take 10% increased damage, this is a straight 10% more damage if you don't cast your wither totem.

Wither totem gives the enemy 7% increased damage taken per stack (6 stacks/sec), and it will easily make the Intimidate less useful. After 1 sec of casting wither totem, the enemy takes 42% increased damage by the wither, and 10% damage by your Intimidate.

So in general, this belt is nice, very great for speed-clearing, and not that significant against Bosses that you would cast wither totem. But I would say it's totally worth due to its Cost-effective rate. You can always swap to an optimized rare belt if you have enough budget.

"
_Pats_ wrote:

Thanks for the help, I'll get back to you once I complete the changes/have more questions, is that all right?

Sure, always happy to help.
Last edited by diabloyd on Aug 26, 2017, 8:03:07 AM
"
diabloyd wrote:
"
_Pats_ wrote:
Huh, how would you propose to approach the changes? I simply have no idea what to change now.

Well besides the points explained by Altissimus, you've invested too much in crits, and your gems are not even level 20.

Try to get an Apep's Rage and a Belt of the deceiver, they're cheap and very solid.

As for the skill tree, you might need the node "Spell Damage per Power Charge", which is nice (right above the node "Instability"). Also, you'll need some more life (finish the Life Nodes circle of Constitution maybe)

Understood.

Do you mind asking what points should I take away from my crit points? Multiplier, chance? How many is enough? I think I have ~72% CC on full power charges, thanks to the new dagger I just got. Without it I have no idea how I'll drop.

"
_Pats_ wrote:

Understood.

Do you mind asking what points should I take away from my crit points? Multiplier, chance? How many is enough? I think I have ~72% CC on full power charges, thanks to the new dagger I just got. Without it I have no idea how I'll drop.

I have already linked the skill tree and PoB in the main post.
I'll paste it here as well.
Skill tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAECABzcdZ4I9Ba_p5uPGmKsIZBnm5UgvOpqQ-98rj5cQDWSg8z-j6Kj8B_Q9WyMmFcqC8MJwGZtbD1fshnGrlXGO3y3Pow2LJzQH5u1hMXyHTwtFumMz18_idNTUkyztUjvDkGWBLMOSJrgVUs9_Phfh8tQR9terrMFQklR6hDDOlhjJDfr9YPblS6_CI_6z3oRlkWdf8adqjrhl5UkizIBBAe4yiLqNj3-Cio47-uDX_ZIES06WDLRC2FQMCBucFJh4gceaPKiAORRLR9f0Ni9D6s8Ba9sfIMUIA_EXfK5k0VHUlPG2E3jplcmlcHz8kXw1evuzxU=

The Arcane Potency is not necessary, 3 wasted skill points are not worthy of the investment.

I myself have only 50% crit chance without Diamond flask,77% with Diamon flask, and 348% multiplier. But this is already sufficient and further investments will make the marginal profit lesser that investing other aspects.

Ah sorry I should have checked it first. My bad.

And that 77% is already with power charges? So you're basically non stop on diamon flask, yes?

Interesting, thanks. I always thought how should I deal with lack of power charges versus bosses. I'll check out how much I can lose to comfortably crit.

Much appreciated.
"
_Pats_ wrote:

And that 77% is already with power charges? So you're basically non stop on diamon flask, yes?

Yes

"
_Pats_ wrote:

Interesting, thanks. I always thought how should I deal with lack of power charges versus bosses. I'll check out how much I can lose to comfortably crit.

Much appreciated.

Np. Also, I have explained in the text (Skill gems part 10) how to sustain the power charges versus bosses.
"
diabloyd wrote:
10, How do I sustain my power charges fighting Shaper/Guardians? Take off Blasphemy Assassin's and put on Orb of storms + Pow.Charge on crit.

Curse have only 20% effects on Shaper/Guardians and 40% effects on other bosses anyway.
Last edited by diabloyd on Aug 26, 2017, 8:40:58 AM
Apologies for not reading the guide to the letter. I'll do so right now. Thanks for in depth explanations.
for mapping, can we just use bright beak and shield charge without losing too much damage?
i mean we can switch to apep's rage when bossing but for trash clear is it doable?
"
jinhaoxuan wrote:
for mapping, can we just use bright beak and shield charge without losing too much damage?
i mean we can switch to apep's rage when bossing but for trash clear is it doable?

Actually, I haven't thought that way yet.

I think it's doable since you still have near 350K DPS against trash mobs(without Arcane Surge and wither), which is awesome (but maybe the damage won't be able to one shot mobs in higher Tier Maps).

The only problem is that swapping weapons with the "X" will also lose the auras, and you have to cast them again, which is kinda clunky.

One potential solution for it is:

1, Shield Charge - Fast Attk - Fortify on Brightbeak.

2, Flame Dash - Fast Cast - Arcane Surge on Apep's Rage

3, Get 2 decent shields, both of them with CWDT- Immortal Call - BladeFall for trash and BladeVortex for bosses).

4, Swap the auras to the Gloves/Helmet, Blasphemy - Assassin's Mark - Herald of ice(or Arctic Armour, we got another slot on the ring anyway ) - Lightning Golem(for more attk speed and cast speed, to charge faster and make up a little bit for the cast speed lost)

Thanks for the info and inspiration! Can I add it to the main post?
Last edited by diabloyd on Aug 26, 2017, 10:04:39 AM
"
_Pats_ wrote:
Well, apart from not being a smartass, do you have anything to offer in terms of advice?

It took me less than 5 minutes to do a comparison of your POB against the OP's POB. As you have subsequently said, you didn't actually read the guide. All the info you need is there. I'm sorry you regard the answer as being "a smartass", but you have to do some work yourself if you want to make this work.

Your tree is quite similar to OP's. Unless you've already done major respec work, you should have more than enough points available from the quests. So that shouldn't take long. Ensure you up your life.

You seem to seriously underestimate cast speed. Find some on gear, and see how that affects your damage.

Go for "more" multipliers first, as these impact damage most. i.e. controlled destruction, arcane surge.

IF you can afford a 6 link, that's an obvious step up.

Check your jewels for life, cast speed etc.

Aside from that, it's a case of comparing, analysing and matching. You need to do that yourself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info