[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
Dogahan wrote:
"
"
Dogahan wrote:
What is the minimum required ehp and damage for uber elder? Also any tip is welcomed.

I had 7K life+mana and 250k dps per totem (PoB).

250k when your potions and curses are up right? Because when I load your PoB it only shows like 90k dps.

Yes that's with all the appropriate boxes tic'd. Boss type shaper/guardian, chilled, power charges, flasks, curses.

I think I'm logged out in mapping gear but w/e, it isn't that different.
i have a serius question! Less AOE effect(radius) is better for single target? the imaginary circle that creates glacial cascade is more concentrated? Please HELP!
Now that I checked your profile better, you are using hypothermia which adds 100k dps when I check the chilled option :o That is insane! I was beating my head on the wall figuring this out lol. Do you always use hypothermia over cold pen?
"
Dogahan wrote:
Now that I checked your profile better, you are using hypothermia which adds 100k dps when I check the chilled option :o That is insane! I was beating my head on the wall figuring this out lol. Do you always use hypothermia over cold pen?

PoB also doesn't understand the "phys as extra random element" on my scepter. This PoB item code will make it calc the scepter correctly:
Spoiler
Armageddon Breaker
Karui Sceptre
Unique ID: 0693509ca60bd267e597dcb8bb7e39a953f49191bc945bc145b6268b472e3385
Shaper Item
Item Level: 80
Quality: 0
Sockets: B-R-B
LevelReq: 56
Implicits: 1
26% increased Elemental Damage
Gain 39% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage
+64 to Accuracy Rating
Gain 9.34% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage
Gain 9.33% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage
Gain 9.33% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
{crafted}63% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells

Cold pen is good if almost all your damage is cold. For me, my damage is 62% cold, which isn't enough to justify cold pen having a slot. Even if you're doing mostly cold, it is probably best to run both. Hypothermia is one of the strongest supports we have (usually second only to conc effect). Just don't run it at the same time as ele focus!
Last edited by magicrectangle on Apr 1, 2018, 3:08:17 PM
Beat Uber Elder this past friday. It wasn't so bad as long as you watch out for shapers stuff. I did it without the Soul Mantle setup. I have to ask though. Yeah the 5th totem is nice, but how often on that fight are all 5 totems up at once?
deleted
Last edited by wonderbongo on Apr 2, 2018, 8:18:26 AM
K, threw this together over the weekend from the ashes of my Flameblast Hiero. Mapping is a f-ing joy with this build, plowing T15 Shaped Siege and below having no issues with red beasts, trash or bosses as long as I don't stand in bad stuff trying to loot while totems do all the work- did my first Guardian fight ever last night- Minotaur down :P

I don't see a lot of folks posting builds with Essence Wurm/Hatred and wondering if I should switch over to those other rings/self flag.

GEMS: Running 39% Cold Conversation watchers eye, 2x Long Winter gems, and a Clear Mind.

My ring is still a flameblast relic and had a Doryani's laying around instead of finding a shaper scepter. Anything looks grossly out of place? Upgrade recommendations?
Last edited by setcamper on Apr 2, 2018, 1:55:52 PM
"
setcamper wrote:
I don't see a lot of folks posting builds with Essence Wurm/Hatred and wondering if I should switch over to those other rings/self flag.

This is probably because you're seeing people posting the gear they're killing uber-elder with, and flasking off curses in that fight is a bit tight on flask charges, especially since your totems die a lot. For everything else you can run either setup, whatever you like better, they're pretty comparable. Kikazarus make budgeting resists a little tighter, as you need 90% ele resists in hideout to stay capped under curses, and as you end up with an extra unique jewel (self flag).

"
GEMS: Running 39% Cold Conversation watchers eye, 2x Long Winter gems, and a Clear Mind.

You only need 40% conversion from items, since the GC gem itself comes with 60% conversion.

"
My ring is still a flameblast relic and had a Doryani's laying around instead of finding a shaper scepter. Anything looks grossly out of place? Upgrade recommendations?

Aside from those things you already apparently know:

1) you don't have the strength for The Tactician. You can change your route to the templar socket to net +20 strength and activate the 24% resist all.

2) once you have the resists from the tactician, with a little juggling, you should be able to budget in a damage amulet. Cheap damage amulets have cast speed and crit multi (the two best non-shaper damage stats on ammy for us). More expensive ones have shaper mods. One shaper mod does not outweigh 2x good non-shaper though. That is crit mult + cast speed > single phys as extra light/cold.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Apr 2, 2018, 2:19:06 PM

"

You only need 40% conversion from items, since the GC gem itself comes with 60% conversion.

hehe, guess I assumed more was better. I'll sell my helmet and watcher's eye and pick up more EHP or damage

"

1) you don't have the strength for The Tactician. You can change your route to the templar socket to net +20 strength and activate the 24% resist all.

Wow, that's a brutal oversight, must have lost STR when I swapped necks a while back and never noticed. What does "change your route to the templar socket..." mean? Is there a specific node in the passive tree you're talking about?

Last edited by setcamper on Apr 2, 2018, 2:58:38 PM
"
setcamper wrote:

"

hehe, guess I assumed more was better. I'll sell my helmet and watcher's eye and pick up more EHP or damage

If you use the hat and drop the jewels you can pick up rare jewels with life and damage stats. Not that you have to go that way, long winter has its virtues for map clearing because of the increased range it gives you, but it is nice to have a conversion hat and rare jewels for more damage, life, and potentially resists, for bossing.

"
Wow, that's a brutal oversight, must have lost STR when I swapped necks a while back and never noticed. What does "change your route to the templar socket..." mean? Is there a specific node in the passive tree you're talking about?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info