[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Just a small update... Not quite at Uber Elder yet but both Shaper and T15 Elder got rolled by this build. The transitions lasted under 3 seconds.

My only qualm about this is that when fighting certain bosses like the Core boss and sometimes Kitava, is that the freeze chance is so high that they get stuck in ttansition but still use abillities while they are frozen. The core boss is probably the most annoying guy to fight because of this.

Also, BuDiu, it might actually be better to use the mana return on getting hit with clarity since im not sure if the 10 percent from the jewel, MoM talent, and MoM ascendancy stack to a solid 50 percent. With that being said, i can tell my defensive is considerably better. I even switched to taste of hate for slightly less dps but a good chunk of a physical defensive boost.
So what will be the best gem if i have 100% conversion for GC? Hypothermia/cold penetration or phys to lightning?
"
pitappl wrote:
So what will be the best gem if i have 100% conversion for GC? Hypothermia/cold penetration or phys to lightning?

Definitely Cold Penetration. The Physical to Lightning gem will only convert the physical portion of Glacial Cascade to lightning damage. With 100% conversion, there is no physical to convert. Whilst Cold Penetration won't show on your tooltip damage, it makes a huge difference.
"
pitappl wrote:

I prefer hypothermia and i don't use cold penn. Cold penn gives me a significant damage loss against shaper/elder.

Now this is because I have a lot of "% phys damage gained as extra damage from lighting/fire/chaos". This will vary with peoples gear, specifically shaper weapons / amulet.

You should always be checking your specific gear on path of building to know for sure.
Last edited by BuDiu on Mar 31, 2018, 11:35:36 AM
"
TheDarklite wrote:
"
pitappl wrote:

Definitely Cold Penetration. The Physical to Lightning gem will only convert the physical portion of Glacial Cascade to lightning damage. With 100% conversion, there is no physical to convert. Whilst Cold Penetration won't show on your tooltip damage, it makes a huge difference.

pretty sure you can still have lightning conversion even with 100 cold cause your gaining extra lightning damage ... I tried it out in POB and I'm at 100% cold and still gain lighting dmg

EDIT: disregard this... I just actually read what you posted and your right.
Last edited by notwisted on Mar 31, 2018, 6:43:29 PM
What is the minimum required ehp and damage for uber elder? Also any tip is welcomed.
"
Dogahan wrote:
What is the minimum required ehp and damage for uber elder? Also any tip is welcomed.

I had 7K life+mana and 250k dps per totem (PoB). I wouldn't go much lower than that, as my first kill was pretty much a shitshow.

Kaom's roots are extremely important for that fight, as getting snared by elder and then wrecked by shaper is a thing, unless you're immune to it.

Lately I've found I actually prefer long winters for the fight vs damage jewels. The long winters keep the arena cleaner, particularly of the elder ground poop from his adds.
Hey guys,

I've another question. I'm currently running a trolltimber + koam's root. I'm thinking of swapping out the trolltimber to a atziri's mirror/reflection. although we will lose out on the evasion rating of the piece. =/

Anyone has tried the atziri's set up before. How do the "curse reflection" work and fare compared to the trolltimber?

Thanks!
"
"
Dogahan wrote:

I had 7K life+mana and 250k dps per totem (PoB).

250k when your potions and curses are up right? Because when I load your PoB it only shows like 90k dps.
Played this build to 90 on beastiary hardcore. Gear/tree isn't amazing and a work in progress.

Would love to run a 6l soul mantle but not sure the extra damage is worth the survivability loss for hc.

Currently running intuitive leap at the witch area to grab flask duration/effect, +1 power charge, dual wield cast speed node, and area dmg/aoe keystones.

Current Beastiary Hardcore setup:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info