[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
"
dhise wrote:
Quick question, why elemental weakness instead of frostbite?

Shaper weapons generally cause us to be at least somewhat mixed element. Also quality ele weakness is the same -resist as frostbite anyway.

Thank you friend! Been having a blast. With my shitty jewelry, and me being level 77 i was able to beat Minotaur pretty easily. SHould I be using shaper %elemental converted to chaos even if i'm going 100% cold conversion?
"
dhise wrote:
Thank you friend! Been having a blast. With my shitty jewelry, and me being level 77 i was able to beat Minotaur pretty easily. SHould I be using shaper %elemental converted to chaos even if i'm going 100% cold conversion?

All of the shaper conversion mods are pretty good for us.
"
dhise wrote:
"
"
dhise wrote:
Quick question, why elemental weakness instead of frostbite?

Shaper weapons generally cause us to be at least somewhat mixed element. Also quality ele weakness is the same -resist as frostbite anyway.

It's not conversion. Its gain% of elemental as chaos. Its particularly good when you have lots of gain elemental from physcial because the chaos mod is multiplicative with the elemental ones, whereas the elemental ones themselves stack additively.
Last edited by Exodus_820 on Mar 18, 2018, 8:07:46 PM
Yeah I suppose it is a little sloppy to call them conversion mods when there's a lot of people around still confused about how the conversion works in this build. "Gain extra as" just doesn't roll off the tongue so well.
I have a doubt, which is better, two daggers/scepter or a dagger/scepter and a shield?
"
Galega7 wrote:
I have a doubt, which is better, two daggers/scepter or a dagger/scepter and a shield?

The difference is not that big. But if you are going for the pure cold and cold penetration route, 2 dagger should be easier because scepters don't roll gain %cold. Only thing daggers can't roll is the non-shaper cast speed mod, which can be bypassed by using misery essence to craft them.
Last edited by Exodus_820 on Mar 18, 2018, 11:32:34 PM
"
Galega7 wrote:

2 Dagger >= Dagger + Scepter >> Shield

2 Dagger is good with the nice attack speed. Damage-wise they are not different from dagger + scepter. That being said, same daggers are slower than some scepters so it is case-by-case.

Don't use a shield unless you are severely lacking defense. A shaped weapon just gives too much damage to not use.

I've never played Inquis but what I've noticed playing as Hiero:
Your resists with this build, (not counting possible jewels), are -41F, -83C, -41L with zero evasion, only 1385 armor and 232 ES. Been playing around with the setup you show and pretty much die to everything and anything. Half the map mod combos are either a nightmare to do or undoable without using all 6 portals from deaths. And that's not even counting the headache of flasking every few seconds to deal with the curses. With such little defense, even getting hit once while certain curses are active is instant death. Any sort of ground patch damage plus either limited/no regen or ele reflect is death. Breaches are death with ele reflect and 50/50 any other time. Hell, even trying to do lvl 7 Haku missions is death 50% of the time without red skulls near 100% with them. Red mobs in tight quarters is almost always death as are really fast red mobs anywhere near a map start point.

The best gear setup I could make had capped resists, 10% more life and mana, 3X your ES, 13% evasion, same armor, 320k-400k dps, (with four totems and no Soul Mantle) and it still dies way too much to call this build viable for leveling a hiero through maps. Maybe being super lucky with map mods and ignoring certain maps altogether might help but it seems like more of a headache build than any I've ever played before without most of the benefits and zero survivability.
"
lostcoaster wrote:
"
Galega7 wrote:

2 Dagger >= Dagger + Scepter >> Shield

2 Dagger is good with the nice attack speed. Damage-wise they are not different from dagger + scepter. That being said, same daggers are slower than some scepters so it is case-by-case.

Don't use a shield unless you are severely lacking defense. A shaped weapon just gives too much damage to not use.

You might be surprised when hearing this, but whirling blades/shield charge atk speed is not based on your weapon based atk speed. It only scales on %increased attack speed on weapons and your character.

Test it with a white dagger with 1.2 base atk speed and 1.5 base atk speed.
"
hogscraper wrote:
I've never played Inquis but what I've noticed playing as Hiero:
Your resists with this build, (not counting possible jewels), are -41F, -83C, -41L with zero evasion, only 1385 armor and 232 ES. Been playing around with the setup you show and pretty much die to everything and anything. Half the map mod combos are either a nightmare to do or undoable without using all 6 portals from deaths. And that's not even counting the headache of flasking every few seconds to deal with the curses. With such little defense, even getting hit once while certain curses are active is instant death. Any sort of ground patch damage plus either limited/no regen or ele reflect is death. Breaches are death with ele reflect and 50/50 any other time. Hell, even trying to do lvl 7 Haku missions is death 50% of the time without red skulls near 100% with them. Red mobs in tight quarters is almost always death as are really fast red mobs anywhere near a map start point.

The best gear setup I could make had capped resists, 10% more life and mana, 3X your ES, 13% evasion, same armor, 320k-400k dps, (with four totems and no Soul Mantle) and it still dies way too much to call this build viable for leveling a hiero through maps. Maybe being super lucky with map mods and ignoring certain maps altogether might help but it seems like more of a headache build than any I've ever played before without most of the benefits and zero survivability.

Are you high?

Edit:I have a video for you. 65% ele res T12 and 69% increased monster life T14.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av20955780/
Last edited by Exodus_820 on Mar 19, 2018, 12:30:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info