[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Not worth your time Exodus, doesn't look like he's interested in listening.

"
Exodus_820 wrote:
Clear mind: If you just have a remote idea of what diminishing returns are, you will understand how bad clear mind is for a build that is so tight on jewel slots and so high in %increased damage. Learn how damage stacks.

Most of your points are well made, but I do want to point out for the spectators that clear mind is a good jewel. Even with 12 curse self flagellation active (maximum "diminishing returns") it takes a 3 crit multi roll (god tier) jewel to beat clear mind in my setup. Dual crit multi + other damage mod (cast speed) breaks about even.

Without self flag active (which is most people here I think) even a perfect 3x crit multi jewel doesn't beat a perfect clear mind (again, disclaimer, my gear setup, ymmv). If you drop the life on the rare jewel for 16% spell damage then it does, barely, but either of these are essentially impossible jewels on league play.

I'm not saying everybody should run clear mind. 7% life makes a compelling argument to take a fairly small damage hit, but clear mind is a good and valid choice - especially if you can't afford to drop 2ex+ on a rare jewel.
"
flewychan wrote:

Which is better in terms of DPS?

I already have 100% conversion to cold(i think), 2x long winter + GC gem

Thanks for the help!

You should ask Path of Building, the relative value of phys as ele, vs ele as chaos, changes based on how many other rolls of those types you have. Those two items are close enough in quality that the answer isn't obvious without doing the math (or rather, having Path of Building do the math for you).
Just killed Shaper with Hierophant GC totems. Went very well, since i have 2 maces i died to the teleport slam due to not leap slaming far/fast enough. Got a dying sun :D
"
Just killed Shaper with Hierophant GC totems. Went very well, since i have 2 maces i died to the teleport slam due to not leap slaming far/fast enough. Got a dying sun :D

Yup, this is why a dagger mainhand is so desirable. Also just smoother for mapping. That said, if you must use two scepters, a quicksilver flask of adrenaline will solve the shaper teleport slam issue.

Edit: looking at your gear, it would not be hard to replace your mainhand scepter with a dagger with better stats. Other than a 6-link all of your gear is pretty horrid (grats killing shaper with that gear, though I suppose the 6L is a nice crutch). That dying sun will pay for dramatically better weapons.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 12, 2018, 6:16:05 PM
"
"

Yup, this is why a dagger mainhand is so desirable. Also just smoother for mapping. That said, if you must use two scepters, a quicksilver flask of adrenaline will solve the shaper teleport slam issue.

Edit: looking at your gear, it would not be hard to replace your mainhand scepter with a dagger with better stats. Other than a 6-link all of your gear is pretty horrid (grats killing shaper with that gear, though I suppose the 6L is a nice crutch). That dying sun will pay for dramatically better weapons.

haha, damn, i thought i had good gear :D. Well i take my Shaper-kill any way i can. I felt my damage was ok. I want to thank you magicrectangle, it's your PoB-link i have followed :)
"

I'm not saying everybody should run clear mind. 7% life makes a compelling argument to take a fairly small damage hit, but clear mind is a good and valid choice - especially if you can't afford to drop 2ex+ on a rare jewel.

I actually just bought a 50% clear mind to test. I'm not running Self-Flag at the moment, so clear mind should actually be better in my case.
It drops my TT in hideout by only 1k when replacing this:

So yes, clear mind is indeed very comparable to a good multi jewel.

Last edited by Exodus_820 on Mar 12, 2018, 6:44:55 PM
Whart weapons should i use for leveling im 35 atm?
"
haha, damn, i thought i had good gear :D. Well i take my Shaper-kill any way i can. I felt my damage was ok. I want to thank you magicrectangle, it's your PoB-link i have followed :)

The +x-y damage to spells type mods are not good for glacial cascade, due to its meager 60% damage effectiveness stat. You will get a lot more mileage out of shaper weapons.

I might have over-reacted in calling it horrid, but I guess when I see a 6-link it sort of primes me to expect a certain level of gear in the other slots, so I was surprised when I saw your weapons.

I find crafting my own shaper weapons to be the best bang for the buck, though obviously there's a lot of RNG invovled there. Scepters in particular you can actually get really good just with alteration orbs, since there's really strong shaper mods in both prefix and suffix slots.

This took me about 300 alt orbs to make:

The regal failed obviously, but it doesn't really matter, it is still a huge damage item. On a higher budget one could annul and multi-mod, but I'm not at that budget level yet this league.

If you decide to go the alt-route, the mods you're looking for are:

Scepter
Prefix (one of these):
Phys as extra fire (ilvl 80)
Phys as extra light (ilvl 80)
Ele as extra chaos (ilvl 85)

Suffix (one of these):
Phys as random element (ilvl 80)
Elemental penetration (ilvl 83)

One of these plus one good non-shaper mod is also worth stopping on, and throwing a regal at. Spell damage, spell crit, cast speed, crit multi are all decent, if they are high tier rolls.

Dagger
Prefix (one of these):
Phys as extra cold (ilvl 80)
Phys as extra light (ilvl 80)
Ele as extra chaos (ilvl 85)

Suffix (one of these):
Elemental Penetration (ilvl 83)

Again if you get a good non-shaper mod paired with one of these it is worth stopping. You can't naturally roll cast speed on dagger, but the rest of the mods are the same as scepters. You can get a hybrid cast speed roll on a dagger off a shaper mod (faster casting support), though.

The other option which I like a little better for dagger crafting is misery essences. Most of the good shaper mods on daggers are prefixes, cast speed from misery is a suffix so it doesn't interfere, and cast speed is an extremely strong damage stat for us (somewhat less so if you have a 6-link and can run a faster casting support, but still very good). Misery essences aren't very expensive so I think it is strictly superior to chaos spamming.

Here's my misery crafted dagger (~30 misery essences, and yes, buying them is annoying):

The dagger isn't as good as the scepter, and it is the next item I will be upgrading, when I can summon the motivation to shop for more misery essences.

If you end up with lots of non-cold mods on your weapons (as I obviously have) keep in mind you'll be wanting to swap cold penetration for a different support.

Amulet is the other relatively strong DPS slot. I realize with the way you're geared right now you may need the resists on your ammy, but if you can find a way past that, ammy can be quite powerful. Crit multi, cast speed, and shaper/elder conversion mods are the strongest damage. Crit chance and spell damage are less good. On shaper only, ele penetration and IIQ are also available, and very good.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 12, 2018, 7:26:09 PM
can someone more experienced then me have a look at my build and give some pointers please? I'm hoping to clear uber elder this league.

note about my tree:

I was going for the scion life cause I felt like I had enough dmg and not enough sustain. again pointers here would be appreciated.

so check my profile and skills.. What could i improve? :) rather new to the game..

edit: Going for Arcane potency next.
Last edited by xattEpro on Mar 12, 2018, 10:01:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info