[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
bridgeburner wrote:
"
snip

Hey magicrectangle. It seems like (from your comments) you've been able to achieve a lot with your setup. I'm still early on in the build (just got to maps) but since Kikazaru's are relatively cheap, would you recommend switching to that? Or is it something I should do when I start min-maxing at endgame?

This is my current setup.

Kikazarus are more of a personal preference choice. I don't think they're strictly better or worse, I just don't like managing curses. The tradeoff is the rings stats themselves aren't very good (no life), though the life/sec from them is significant and nice. Self-flagellation does offer pretty good damage, but you can potentially get pretty good damage from rings and an extra jewel, too.

Which is better depends how many curses you end up averaging active, for the most part. You can pretty easily start a boss fight with 12 up, and lead out of any invuln phases that boss might have with 12 up. If you're able to make the boss fights short enough (with high enough DPS) that does actually translate to averaging close to 12 curses (I'm pretty close to that on shaper).

Do whichever feels better to you. The main tradeoff is convenience (kikazaru) vs life pool (flask curses). The damage difference isn't going to end up being major one way or the other.

At lower gear levels (before you have shaper weapons) I do think non-kikazaru is stronger, because you can run hatred on essence worm. Hatred becomes less important as you start accumulating shaper mods.
"
"
bridgeburner wrote:
"
snip

Hey magicrectangle. It seems like (from your comments) you've been able to achieve a lot with your setup. I'm still early on in the build (just got to maps) but since Kikazaru's are relatively cheap, would you recommend switching to that? Or is it something I should do when I start min-maxing at endgame?

This is my current setup.

Kikazarus are more of a personal preference choice. I don't think they're strictly better or worse, I just don't like managing curses. The tradeoff is the rings stats themselves aren't very good (no life), though the life/sec from them is significant and nice. Self-flagellation does offer pretty good damage, but you can potentially get pretty good damage from rings and an extra jewel, too.

Which is better depends how many curses you end up averaging active, for the most part. You can pretty easily start a boss fight with 12 up, and lead out of any invuln phases that boss might have with 12 up. If you're able to make the boss fights short enough (with high enough DPS) that does actually translate to averaging close to 12 curses (I'm pretty close to that on shaper).

Do whichever feels better to you. The main tradeoff is convenience (kikazaru) vs life pool (flask curses). The damage difference isn't going to end up being major one way or the other.

At lower gear levels (before you have shaper weapons) I do think non-kikazaru is stronger, because you can run hatred on essence worm. Hatred becomes less important as you start accumulating shaper mods.

I see. Thanks for the info! Any idea what I should work on upgrading next? I have 100% conversion from the threshold jewels right now but I can't decide on a movement skill. Shield Charge and Whirling Blades both just feel too slow.
"
bridgeburner wrote:
I see. Thanks for the info! Any idea what I should work on upgrading next? I have 100% conversion from the threshold jewels right now but I can't decide on a movement skill. Shield Charge and Whirling Blades both just feel too slow.

This is actually why I run rare boots for mapping, so that I can 4L lightning warp around:

The lightning warp, faster casting, and less duration need to be quality and high level for it actually to feel fast. A lightning warp helm enchant helps even more, but I haven't gotten one of those yet. The swift affliction doesn't need quality or levels, I just am leveling it to re-sell at 20/20.

Quicksilver is also an okay option (again with move speed boots, not kaom's) for mapping. Can always swap to kaom's and a damage flask when you want to kill elder or whatever big boss.
@magicrectangle

I crafted a dagger now, i see what you mean now :D. Not the best dagger, but it was a 3k+ dmg upgrade over the sceptre main hand.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/RefLexX2503/characters

what do you think about my own ideas of this build?

Im not far in the endgame (55/157) Maps completed, but until now I didn't need the 5th totem from Soul Mantle, and I thought Carcass Jack gives a good Dmg boost, + some more tankiness.

I don't want to say, that your build is bad, mine is better or something like that. Its mostly the playstyle I bet :)

Just want to know your opinions on my little changes.
Loving my GC Hiero 5 totems this league!

So far has no issues doing all content in the game, Uber Atziri and Uber Elder were easy peasy lemon squeezy!

All that is missing on my setup is my Atziri's Reflection for the icing on the cake!!

Here is my current gear:

Currently running curse immune Quicksilver and Diamond. The flask management is a little annoying but that is the downside until I get the chase unique Atziri's Reflection!

Tooltip GC is around 160k with Hatred in Hideout (no flasks no power charges no totem placed buff).

Using Phys to lighting for the conversion instead of the GC unique jewels. The unique jewels were a big damage loss and i also gain ~14% more life from rare jewels. I also like using Phys to Lighting for the conversion because that way i get like half cold half Lighting damage so I shock a lot.

Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAUCAQOaBAcEUQSzBUIHHgj0C2EOSBDMEZYWbxo4HNwdFB8CHxgi9CcvKgsqEysmLJwy0TWSNsU6FjrYOuE8BTwtQZZDyEVHRZ1JT0lRTLNN406uTwRR-1NSVUtVxlhtWOVaK1ugXfJh4mQzZlRmnmhaaPJqQ2wLbRlwUnsgfA5_xoKbg1-DzIPbg_OFMoV7hoKJ04w2jmSPGo9Gj_qQVZMnlS6XLZo7muCf36EvogCj8qZXpwinVa4SrrOvbLE2tvq3PrmTvKq86r6KwGbDCcauzRbQH9D11abYJNi942rr7uv17DjtPO987-vwH_DV8h33pviT-tL-Cv6H_o8=?accountName=BuDiu&characterName=LegionGlacier

Currently level 94 in BSC. 6.3k HP and 2k Unreserved mana.
Last edited by BuDiu on Mar 15, 2018, 1:03:15 PM
Isn't Reflection like...1000ex?
"
PeopleReady wrote:

First one sold for 12 ex,

Second sold for 53 ex

There are currently another two for sale that I'm aware of. Both sellers want around ~100 ex, but highest offer on each is like 60 ex.

This is for BSC only, haven't check other leagues.
"
RefLexX2503 wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/RefLexX2503/characters

what do you think about my own ideas of this build?

Im not far in the endgame (55/157) Maps completed, but until now I didn't need the 5th totem from Soul Mantle, and I thought Carcass Jack gives a good Dmg boost, + some more tankiness.

I don't want to say, that your build is bad, mine is better or something like that. Its mostly the playstyle I bet :)

Just want to know your opinions on my little changes.

Soul mantle isn't just for the extra totem. There's probably a lot of people who would choose to give up the extra totem in order to not have to deal with curses. But soul mantle also gives an extra link. Also a big boost to totem health which is nice.

When you combine the extra totem AND the extra link, it works out as about 50% more damage with soul mantle. It is pretty hard to justify any other armor choice in light of that kind of damage difference.
"
BuDiu wrote:
"
PeopleReady wrote:

First one sold for 12 ex,

Second sold for 53 ex

There are currently another two for sale that I'm aware of. Both sellers want around ~100 ex, but highest offer on each is like 60 ex.

This is for BSC only, haven't check other leagues.

Ah, I'm in standard. Only two up have been for 8 mirrors and 750ex, respectively.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info