[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Im conflicted to find out what is actually better to use.

Currently i have Rats nest + Essence worm (w/hatred) + some shitty rares ( trying to fix my res atm )

Do i bother dropping rats nest for starkonjas + drop ess worm(and hatred?) and get kaoms roots as well?

id gain a bunch of life from starkonjas + kaoms but id lose some crit from rats nest->starkonjas aswell as res from boots, however that'd unlock the ring slot for a diamond ring with res/life i suppose.

Currency is an issue right now for me though.
"
Ecka wrote:
Spoiler

Some advice for crafting this beauty ?

That's a very nice dagger. It is full on suffixes so really the only good master craft for it is spell damage. You could try exalting it first if you want, since it has 2 open prefixes.

"
i run my own version of the build with a far better survivability with mom and more dps and utility

The changes you've made to his build are basically:

1) You picked up power charges in build. 5 points for 80% crit and 20% spell damage. Pretty meager returns for that many points invested. Sad to say since the power charge nerf they're really only worth picking up if your build has synergy with them (void battery, shimmeron, etc). Assuming your next level picks up doomcast (best not to put off such powerful points until so late a level by the way), swapping your 5 power charge points for throatseeker (3 points) and will of blades (2 points) would give you 11% more damage.

2) You're running belly of the beast instead of soul mantle. Obviously this does improve survivability. It also gives you massively less damage than soul mantle. One totem less, and one link less. You would gain about ~50% more damage by using 5-link soul mantle instead of 5-link belly.

3) You don't have a diamond flask. Diamond flask would be ~30% more damage on its own.

4) You also changed a little pathing, which doesn't matter much at the moment, but will end up strictly worse once you want to pick up another socket.

I suggest you get and use path of building so you can adequately assess the trade-offs you're making when you modify a build. It does have a little bit of a learning curve, but it is well worth your time if you want to strike out on your own changing a build around.
Does anyone have problem keeping the totems alive for long enough? They usually get one shotted in map with Extra damage mods.
How do you do it?
"
Graandor wrote:

Currently i have Rats nest + Essence worm (w/hatred) + some shitty rares ( trying to fix my res atm )

Do i bother dropping rats nest for starkonjas + drop ess worm(and hatred?) and get kaoms roots as well?

id gain a bunch of life from starkonjas + kaoms but id lose some crit from rats nest->starkonjas aswell as res from boots, however that'd unlock the ring slot for a diamond ring with res/life i suppose.

Neither Starkonja nor Rat's nest is actually that amazing for the build. The main attraction of them is that buying the GC hat enchant on them is relatively cheap compared to a good rare. Since you don't have the hat enchant, you might as well run a good rare, which will take care of the resists you lose from boots, and then some, and of course have life on it.

If you want to trade away life for damage stats (rat's nest), the hat isn't the best slot to do it on. On belt slot there's:

That's significantly more damage than rat's nest, and you get to keep resists on the slot too.
"
MachiSama wrote:
Does anyone have problem keeping the totems alive for long enough? They usually get one shotted in map with Extra damage mods.
How do you do it?

Soul mantle.
"
"
Graandor wrote:

Neither Starkonja nor Rat's nest is actually that amazing for the build. The main attraction of them is that buying the GC hat enchant on them is relatively cheap compared to a good rare. Since you don't have the hat enchant, you might as well run a good rare, which will take care of the resists you lose from boots, and then some, and of course have life on it.

If you want to trade away life for damage stats (rat's nest), the hat isn't the best slot to do it on. On belt slot there's:

That's significantly more damage than rat's nest, and you get to keep resists on the slot too.

Alright, thanks for the info.
"
MachiSama wrote:
How do you do it?

Usually totems 1-3 shots everything or freezez big targets, unless you killing boss or map with reflect you shoudn't have any problems with this. And on bosses you anyway going to spam totems for more power and endurance charges.
"
theio666 wrote:
"
MachiSama wrote:
How do you do it?

Usually totems 1-3 shots everything or freezez big targets, unless you killing boss or map with reflect you shoudn't have any problems with this. And on bosses you anyway going to spam totems for more power and endurance charges.

Totems have a deployment time before they start casting, so spamming them lowers your DPS. You definitely do want to be refreshing them fairly frequently though, for power charges and shaman's dominion. If you're doing the kikazaru variant, also for curses for self flagellation.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 11, 2018, 1:57:13 PM
Kinda confused about gems setup for Hierophant.

"
"Bosses: Glacial Cascade – Cold Penetration* – Controlled Destruction – Increased Critical Strikes** "

But does not Controlled Destruction lower crit chance? So seems kinda counterproductive to take all crit nodes when basically just canceling them out.
"
gwhittey wrote:
Kinda confused about gems setup for Hierophant.

"
"Bosses: Glacial Cascade – Cold Penetration* – Controlled Destruction – Increased Critical Strikes** "

But does not Controlled Destruction lower crit chance? So seems kinda counterproductive to take all crit nodes when basically just canceling them out.

Answered this a few pages ago so I'm just going to quote that answer forward:
"
The key here is understanding the difference between "more/less" and "increased/reduced" modifiers.

Controlled destruction gives 44% more spell damage, and 100% reduced crit chance. "More" is a multiplicative modifier. That means you are actually literally doing 44% more damage from that modifer.

"Reduced" on the other hand is subtractive (with "increased" being its additive counterpart) which means all it does is cancel out 100% increased crit from your gear / skills.

Heck I've got more crit than that on my boots:

So the loss just isn't that big of a deal. I still have 79% chance to crit with a diamond flask up. Taking out controlled destruction only raises that to 84.5%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info