[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Great info magicrectangle, thanks for sharing!
New to the build and just started leveling so very noobish question incoming..lol We start off with flame totem, them we get spell totem and GC. We then ( if I understand correctly I am new to totems) get Ancestral Bond..which allows us to use 2 totems. Are these the 2 we are staying with? I see no mention of switching them to anything else. Hope this makes sense, as I am not sure what to drop and what to keep while leveling , the guide jumps around alot and isnt real clear on that part. Thanks!
Last edited by Badtwo on Jan 18, 2018, 11:03:09 PM
"
Badtwo wrote:
New to the build and just started leveling so very noobish question incoming..lol We start off with flame totem, them we get spell totem and GC. We then ( if I understand correctly I am new to totems) get Ancestral Bond..which allows us to use 2 totems. Are these the 2 we are staying with? I see no mention of switching them to anything else. Hope this makes sense, as I am not sure what to drop and what to keep while leveling , the guide jumps around alot and isnt real clear on that part. Thanks!

Ancestral bond lets you drop two of the SAME totem, so you'll just cast your glacial cascade totem twice.
Outstanding, thank you. That's even better actually 😁
I have question. Have 30% conversion from physical to lightning enchant helmet is ok or their must be 40%
Thx for answers:-)
Last edited by qlasboy on Jan 22, 2018, 10:54:40 AM
"
qlasboy wrote:
I have question. Have 30% conversion from physical to lightning enchant helmet is ok or their must be 40%
Thx for answers:-)

Full conversion is nice, but it isn't that big of a deal. Especially not as you stack up more and more shaper conversion mods, making the phys portion more like 5% of your damage rather than 10%. Worst case you could run 1x long winter to hit full conversion.

Personally I just run without the hat enchant and run 2x long winter, but no doubt you can get better DPS (and life) with rare jewels and the hat enchant. Long winter is really nice for AoE while mapping though, it isn't just for the conversion.

Short answer is just plug it into PoB and see how your numbers look.
Hey guys, i stop to play PoE for few days and i come back today.

So i try to farm uber lab and is a cake walk, but when i try do Minotaur i die (a lot).

My objetive with this build always farm Guardians/Shaper and even Uber Atziri.

So i need any tips to what i need to improve to make me able to farm this with no problems ??

My Actual Pastbin: https://pastebin.com/5jFrEemU
"
Keylors wrote:

So i try to farm uber lab and is a cake walk, but when i try do Minotaur i die (a lot).

So i need any tips to what i need to improve to make me able to farm this with no problems ??

Are we talking crazy corrupted minotaur, or minotaur without any boss buffs?

If you don't have the DPS to kill him really fast, minotaur can be a bitch, especially with buffs to his AoE or damage. It is absolutely a fight where you have to learn and play around the mechanics, unless you simply have the DPS to pop him. You can't eat his burrow attack. You can eat a little bit of the rockfall but not much. You really really don't want to get snared by the lightning thing.

Stay close enough to see him burrow, and usually it is more effective to run towards, rather than away from, him when he burrows, so you essentially switch places with him.

Looking at your pastebin you probably don't have the DPS to ignore his mechanics. Watch some videos of people doing the fight, doesn't really matter what build they're doing, as long as it isn't a face tank build.

This is certainly a fine build for it. I did all guardians, shaper, uber atziri, vaal temple, red elder, all deathless with this build. I have about twice your damage now, but when I was first doing the guardians I had worse gear than you do, but I have a lot of experience farming guardians so I know the mechanics.

You're also only level 86, two more levels gets you a jewel socket, and then you've got some choices where to go next, more life, more mana, flask nodes, w/e. I like to be ~90 before I really start pushing for shaper. Not very hard to get that, so might as well have the extra power.
In general I'd say some of the hardest mods (generally avoid if possible) for guardians are:

Minotaur:
Monster/Boss AoE
Boss Damage / Extra damage as ele
Onslaught

Phoenix:
Multiple projectiles
Chain
Onslaught

Chimera:
Onslaught
Boss damage / Extra damage as ele (tough in smoke phase)

Hydra:
Onslaught
Frozen ground (if you don't use kaom's roots), screws with your dodgeball

-------------------------

Of course there are other mods that can be rough in combination, but those are the ones that I find most annoying. I don't run kaom's roots, hence the annoyance with frozen ground on Hydra.

Onslaught is bad because a lot of doing well on guardians is learning the timing for everything, having all their shit be faster throws your timing off.

Enough DPS can trivialize almost any mod combination, but if your damage is low enough that the fight will last a while, the above are the worst IMHO.
"
"
Keylors wrote:

Are we talking crazy corrupted minotaur, or minotaur without any boss buffs?

If you don't have the DPS to kill him really fast, minotaur can be a bitch, especially with buffs to his AoE or damage. It is absolutely a fight where you have to learn and play around the mechanics, unless you simply have the DPS to pop him. You can't eat his burrow attack. You can eat a little bit of the rockfall but not much. You really really don't want to get snared by the lightning thing.

Stay close enough to see him burrow, and usually it is more effective to run towards, rather than away from, him when he burrows, so you essentially switch places with him.

Looking at your pastebin you probably don't have the DPS to ignore his mechanics. Watch some videos of people doing the fight, doesn't really matter what build they're doing, as long as it isn't a face tank build.

This is certainly a fine build for it. I did all guardians, shaper, uber atziri, vaal temple, red elder, all deathless with this build. I have about twice your damage now, but when I was first doing the guardians I had worse gear than you do, but I have a lot of experience farming guardians so I know the mechanics.

You're also only level 86, two more levels gets you a jewel socket, and then you've got some choices where to go next, more life, more mana, flask nodes, w/e. I like to be ~90 before I really start pushing for shaper. Not very hard to get that, so might as well have the extra power.

Thanks for the tips, i'm want change a few thing's:

-like a better off hand weapon (and drop the shield)
- and equip two Kikazaru + self fragellation Jewel, to make me a curse "immune" so i don't need worry about flask managment, just with the boss fight, but if i drop HATRED my DPS drops a lot (about 12k)
- And pick up 1 more Jewel Socket and Life Nodes.

In your Opinion is better drop HATRED (and lose 11k DPS) to equip 2 kikazaru and make me a "curse immune" to facilitate the boss fight ??

and lose 250 HP for and 100 ES(from the shield), for another dagger/spectre on my off hand weapon ?? (to compensate the damage i lose without hatred).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info