[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Hey guys I have these two I wanna use. Do they work with totems? They are in the build, but I dont know if they work since we dont crit oursleves :S

So, the build is HC viable, now with proof.
Reached level90 Incursion HC within a week - I believe it is fast enough for HC.
Got the "Eternal" achievement, at last :)
Starting budget was like 30c or less.
There are very little people now on HC so it was hard to gear.. but I got my 6L now.
Done Uber Lab and reached level89 on a 5L, highest map was T15 Basilica, skipped the boss.
Never fighted Elder, killed one of red elder guardians.

https://pastebin.com/yN3NPhWZ

or in my profile, char Opa_oppa

have fun with hc :)

edit:

final thoughts:
overall this is really the best totem build at this moment
if geared and skilled properly, clears and kills bosses at top tier speed
maybe arc is slightly faster, but arcs ailment only adds dmg so its an offensive layer
but both arc and gc have enough dps anyway
so the gc's freeze as additional defense is much more important, we do not have a lot defense
with 50% crit in HO and diamond flask, mapping is very safe

edit2: tried to kill red elder guards, done three but eradicator finished me, but np, goal reached :)
Last edited by RushBone on Jul 23, 2018, 11:14:45 AM
"
Hey guys I have these two I wanna use. Do they work with totems? They are in the build, but I dont know if they work since we dont crit oursleves :S
Assuming this works similarly to the boot enchant where "You Have Crit Recently" then it will check your player and not the totems.

"
So, the build is HC viable, now with proof.
Reached level90 Incursion HC within a week - I believe it is fast enough for HC.

Great job getting to 90 in HC RushBone!
Hello thi3n and everyone else in here!

I've been using your KB Wander build for this league and I'm in love with it. I can clear t16 ugs in a few minutes so, thanks for that.

Right now, I'm looking for a build that can get me to maps and farming extremely quickly for the Flashback league in the first day. Would you recommend this build for that? I'm asking because I don't want to spend currency on "extremely common but very expensive at league start" uniques.

Thanks for the answer!
Hi. Thanks for the build.
Im not very skilled poe so i need some advise.
Im have cap of resist but still die very often. And most often - its something like Oneshoot kill - like many snakes split in my in one time and i die like from oneshoot.
Immortal Call dont save. Maybe i use its wrong?

in that combination can frost bomb "brake" IC for its not work properly? Or if frost bomb not triggered by CWDT, immortal call alweys casted when damage taken? So why im have one shot diyng so often?
Or what other ways to avoid oneshoot deaths?
Im have 4k life and 700ES now, 940mana after Hatred reserved 300armor 1000evade

p.s. absolutly not understand how you guys can play hardcore on build like thats. Im have about 30-40 absolutly sudden dies. Its just impossible to go above ~5 map tier without dying im think:)))
"
iunewind wrote:
Hi. Thanks for the build.
Im not very skilled poe so i need some advise.
Im have cap of resist but still die very often. And most often - its something like Oneshoot kill - like many snakes split in my in one time and i die like from oneshoot.

in that combination can frost bomb "brake" IC for its not work properly? Or if frost bomb not triggered by CWDT, immortal call alweys casted when damage taken? So why im have one shot diyng so often?
Or what other ways to avoid oneshoot deaths?
Im have 4k life and 700ES now, 940mana after Hatred reserved 300armor 1000evade

p.s. absolutly not understand how you guys can play hardcore on build like thats. Im have about 30-40 absolutly sudden dies. Its just impossible to go above ~5 map tier without dying im think:)))

it is impossible if you not understand what you are doing :)
the gameplay becomes lethal only at t14-t15 with dangerous mods, or red Eradicator/Elder.
before that, you should not die at all, and your problems have definitely to do with your gear, skillgems and tree.

I took a look at your char... as I thought, it's a mess.

If you want more survivability use 2x Kikazaru and bring your resistances to 90 each.
You probably are dying because of curses, forgetting to use the flask or spending all charges too often so it's empty then.

Item Rarity as 6th link is very bad idea. Weapons are meh. Tree is wrong. Conversion is not full. Hatred is not in an Essense Worm so no reason to not use Kikazarus.

This is what happens if you don't read the guide you are following. Then you complain it cannot survive.

To your question: Frost Bomb has no impact on IC in that combination but also here you are doing all wrong.
1. CWDT must be higher level in order to be effective and protect you, it must activate if you take damage equal to 25-30% of your life, with 4k it would be like 1400. You don't need increased duration on IC, optimal link is cwdt+ic+golem+enfeeble, just make sure they all require same level, check wiki for each gem. I got my setup at 11-13-13-14.
2. Frost bomb must be used to activate arcane surge, here you can use either increased duration or increased Aoe as 3rd link after Arcane Surge, or both in a 4L. This also makes huge difference.

Advices for you to start besides of the above:
- reach 100% conversion to cold, easiest way is Hrimsorrow gloves
- equip 2x Kikazaru rings and get your resists to at least 90-90-90 with another helmet/belt/boots/shield/amulet
- fix the skilltree at least to this: www.poeurl.com/b01O
- replace the jewel with Self-Flagellation
- 6th link must be either AOE or Conc Effect, nothing else
- drop the Ele Weakness, it's not effective and we want Enfeeble as defensive layer

if you are too lazy, just go to my profile, character GC_Totems_Boi, and copy the gem setups (but not the 6L, I got a special corruption which makes sense for lvl4 Empower).

there's no need to gear completely the same as me, this build works totally fine on a budget like yours, just fix your mess :) the changes need like 1ex of investment alltogether, I believe you have so much.
Last edited by RushBone on Jul 25, 2018, 7:50:07 AM
Thanks a lot!
i really not understand deep game meachanics and try to follow your instruction :)
I will be filming an update video to this guide once 3.4 patch details are released (probably 3 weeks or so from now). It will contain my thoughts on the 3.4 changes as well as lessons learned from 3.3.

"
Hello thi3n and everyone else in here!

I've been using your KB Wander build for this league and I'm in love with it. I can clear t16 ugs in a few minutes so, thanks for that.

Right now, I'm looking for a build that can get me to maps and farming extremely quickly for the Flashback league in the first day. Would you recommend this build for that? I'm asking because I don't want to spend currency on "extremely common but very expensive at league start" uniques.

Thanks for the answer!
This is a great build for completing the atlas at the start of a league and it's what I personally do every single league so far. I start with GC Tots and do all the content in the game and then get into my farming strategy which usually involves me kinetic blasting for a few weeks. Then I go about trying out meta builds and eventually making a new guide for the current patch. In bestiary it was a Crab Set Molten Striker in Incursion it's my new guide on Elemental Hit!

"
Immortal Call will not save you from Chaos Damage - it's physical only and only for .4 seconds.

"
Thanks a lot!
i really not understand deep game meachanics and try to follow your instruction :)
Glad you learned something from the guide!
"
iunewind wrote:
Thanks a lot!

gear looks better now but the tree is still messed up.
what is the problem? get yourself a couple of regrets and reskill to the above...
"
RushBone wrote:

gear looks better now but the tree is still messed up.
what is the problem? get yourself a couple of regrets and reskill to the above...

Not sure what wrong - my tree very close to Guide tree and your tree - just a minor difference - i take Celestial Judgement instead Shamantic Fury (In guide Shamantic fury not taken too) and Nullification instead your Soul Sihone (im prefer keep Nullification because its add +8 resists)
also im dont have nodes for Deep Thoots. I can take it from Celestial Judjement, you think 20% mana woth it?

About surviving now - i play about 5-7 hours after making change your advised and now die much rarely, thanks :)
Last edited by iunewind on Jul 27, 2018, 5:21:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info