[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
iunewind wrote:
"
RushBone wrote:

gear looks better now but the tree is still messed up.
what is the problem? get yourself a couple of regrets and reskill to the above...

Not sure what wrong - my tree very close to Guide tree and your tree - just a minor difference - i take Celestial Judgement instead Shamantic Fury (In guide Shamantic fury not taken too) and Nullification instead your Soul Sihone (im prefer keep Nullification because its add +8 resists)
also im dont have nodes for Deep Thoots. I can take it from Celestial Judjement, you think 20% mana woth it?

About surviving now - i play about 5-7 hours after making change your advised and now die much rarely, thanks :)

MoM even with 30% means u need like 43% of your life as free mana.
With ascendancy, we need like 66%.
Sure it is not achievable as we reserve 40-50% of mana with Hatred.
Which means if we dont use Essence Worm and go with Kikazarus, we need simply as much mana increase as we can get.
And this mana is your life then, even so that 1 point of mana is more than 2 point of hp, until you reach the state where you have at least 1200-1300 of free mana.

Shamanistic Fury is the highest dps node that we can get after the obligatory ones, the OP doesn't take it because he likes the Alchemist, my opinion is different, can be discussed. Anyway Shamanistic Fury is really best u can do with 3-4 passive points if you don't have enough currency for good rare jewels / watcher's eye.

The resists can be easily capped without those 2 passives and besides of the resists they do almost nothing so just invest a couple chaos and cap the resists without them, also 8% AoE barely changes anything. My tree above is the optimal and best you can do atm, if you do anything different you shoot yourself in the knee.

U don't need that extra chance to freeze, u need crit chance, get crit chance anywhere on gear u can. Any critical strike applies freeze at 100% chance, forget the flat increase to freeze chance, just push the crit.

Any elemental damage increase like 8% is miserable, use PoB, look at it, these nodes are just trash.

Equip a shield instead of that sceptre, look for a one with crit chance for spells, spell damage, cast speed and life. You need life now and this mod cannot be present on a weapon.

You still have Item Rarity as 6th link. Well, good luck with that :/
Last edited by RushBone on Aug 2, 2018, 6:43:37 PM
Hy thi3n,

just wanted to say thanks for this awesome guide.
It's a lot of fun to play.
Finally killed UberElder for the first time.
Took me a while to figure it out.
Also the build is safe enough to try to go for LvL 100.

Gonna take a good look at the gear section next.
"
RushBone wrote:

And this mana is your life then, even so that 1 point of mana is more than 2 point of hp, until you reach the state where you have at least 1200-1300 of free mana.

Shamanistic Fury is the highest dps node that we can get after the obligatory ones, the OP doesn't take it because he likes the Alchemist, my opinion is different, can be discussed. Anyway Shamanistic Fury is really best u can do with 3-4 passive points if you don't have enough currency for good rare jewels / watcher's eye.

Ok, rebuild to Deep Thought instead Nullification, its take me +160mana after Hatred reservation. But cost me -80 life and -30es and little problems with resist (probably, im fix it on poe.trade soon:) ) so i hope mana really mean double life :D

"
RushBone wrote:

U don't need that extra chance to freeze, u need crit chance, get crit chance anywhere on gear u can. Any critical strike applies freeze at 100% chance, forget the flat increase to freeze chance, just push the crit.

Sorry, im not uderstand again - about what passive node or smt gain Chance of Freeze your wrote?
If Celestial Judgement - its no freeze chance on it as i see.
Also i cant switch it on Shamanitc fury now, cause i need one more point, so i can change it only on 91 lvl :)

"
RushBone wrote:

You still have Item Rarity as 6th link. Well, good luck with that :/

About its - whats wrong with rarity gem if im play it on yellow or early red maps? I dont feel any dps lack and have Concentrated effect for change on my switch weapons if meet somebody tough
;). Its really powerfull now (for me, of curs:) ), im even kill my first Elder almost without death - just die in very ending for my own stupidy, im dont know its blow after defeating.

Also, thanks for help! :)
Last edited by iunewind on Jul 28, 2018, 6:20:01 AM
Drop two 8% elemental damage nodes in the Elementalist wheel, life node above cruel preparation, another life node at devotion and take Shamanistic Fury now.
it will help you at the leveling now as dps increase will be noticeable, and 11% hp will not help you not to die as u got not that much HP on gear by now.

here once again: www.poeurl.com/b01O

Read the Wiki about Mind over Matter to understand how it works.
Only Essence Worm can actually give enough (and more) mana than needed.
The version I like and play involves double Kikazaru which means we never get really enough mana for MoM to work at full power thats why I prefer to invest 4 points into like 50% increased mana instead of 20% increased maximum life, its much more effective.
Ignore ES numbers, it is not bad to have either 400 or 800 but in the end most of the time important are your mana and life, not ES.

AoE is much more dps while mapping than shown in tooltip and also a strong defensive layer.
Actually if you have a lot of mobs or a moving boss, at this stage AoE is comparable with Conc Effect though the stats of course differ.
Glacial Cascade with enough AoE hits and freezes entire screen so even the ranged attacking mobs are instantly frozen or dead, this helps while leveling and farming, and in order to bring this build at least to mid-level you need currency and some more passives.
Item Rarity doesnt bring you any currency, just more yellow trash worth alt shards or in the best case chaos recipe. Not worth it, just kill as many mobs as u can as fast as u can and gather currency and jewellery.
Last edited by RushBone on Jul 28, 2018, 10:25:26 AM
Ok, rebuild for Shamantic Fury and swap rarity to AoE, will try this variant soon. Thanks again.
"
iunewind wrote:
Ok, rebuild for Shamantic Fury and swap rarity to AoE, will try this variant soon. Thanks again.

as already mentioned consider switching to a shield with crit chance for spells, life and resistances.

http://poe.trade/search/koyauhitetitut

20% increased Spell Damage
98% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
+20 to maximum Energy Shield
+86 to maximum Life

cost like 2c, its nothing, and on the top u can add resist(s) there, or cast speed if u want.
such shields are now all like 1-3c, i would do it immediately in ur place.
One more thing I wanted to add about this build.

It can utilize this on weapon swap (at least now, can be fixed in the next league):

just don't put hatred (or also clarity in my case) into weapons.

then you can easily go into a map with the axe, run to the first pack and put a totem, after any mob dies just switch to main weapon set and play as usual but having rampage buff.

Rampage is a huge QoL for mapping especially in open areas but also overall

t15-t16 incursion rooms get deleted with 20+ seconds left after opening doors

then if you have a headhunter, with rampage it becomes really cool
but even without a HH, mapping on rampage is huge fun

the axe main colors are all red so i level empower in it

gl :)

@thi3n: if you plan to refresh the guide for next league or even flashback, let me know, i would like to take part
Last edited by RushBone on Jul 28, 2018, 12:43:46 PM
done HoG today for first time alone
setup the same as with uber elder, frostbomb works wonders, no need for any changes of gems/gear
and it was a deathless run too :)
Leveling guide for a fresh Flashback start:

Start with Templar and rush this way: www.poeurl.com/bZo7
Use any wands/sceptres from drop, all gems are Templar questline or vendor

Check 3L at vendors for BBB, BBR and BBG, preferably weapon but armour also OK

do the Tidal Island quest and use the Quicksilver ASAP
if an Augmentation Orb drops, vendor with any boots and Quicksilver, get 10% ms boots ASAP

get Arcane Surge ASAP and don't level, buy the second one if you can

Mainskill1:
Frost Bolt + Arcane Surge (+ Added Lightning if you get a BBB)

Mainskill2
Frost Bomb + Arcane Surge (+ Onslaught if you get a BBG)

get Arc from Nessa after entering The Cavern of Wrath and link it with Spell Totem

Mainskill 3
Arc + Spell Totem (+ Added Lightning if you get a BBR)

From here you can just Arc Totem and Frost Bomb and run, no need to stop and fire Frost Bolt besides of bosses

Utility: Flame Dash

After getting Ancestral Bond, go this way: www.poeurl.com/b0qA
continue to use anything that drops

Mainskill:
Spell Totem + Arc + Added Lightning

Auras:
Herald of Ice
Herald of Thunder
Get them ASAP in Act 2.

Get to Act 3.

Ilvl 25 can go 4L which means areas from lvl23 can drop that, look for BBBR, also check vendors, just avoid it to be gloves, anything else is good. A luxury item would be BBBR Thousand Ribbons (on 1st day of last league price was 1c).

As soon as you get BBBR, use Spell Totem + Arc + Added Lightning + Faster Casting

Look if you got enough currency to buy Wrath from poetrade. If not, heralds will be OK.

Continue Arc Totems with Heralds or Wrath until you have enough currency to buy the following items from poetrade:

1x-2x The Princess (on 1st day of last league price was 1c)
Hatred (on 1st day of last league price was 1alch)
Whirling Blades (on 1st day of last league price was 1alch)
Hrimsorrow (on 1st day of last league price was 1c)

When you have them, time to switch to GC Totems 4L, movement Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks.

If you are unlucky which I highly doubt (Flashback will have much more drops and currency), continue Arc Totems (when possible on a 4L) and gather currency further.
You need like 5c to comfortably switch to GC totems, and if you use currency.poe.trade wisely, it won't take long.

Get to Act 4, reach Crystal Veins waypoint.
Do Normal Lab, take +1 totem.

Tree: www.poeurl.com/b0rA

Go through Act 4 and 5
Take Lightning Golem and Increased Area of Effect as rewards
Equip Lightning Golem ASAP and level it, no need to think about CWDT now
Start swapping AOE and Conc Effect in your 4L, try to use Conc only on bosses

Time to buy a Goldrim cap, check poetrade (3c on 1st day of the last league).

Mainskill normal mobs:
Spell Totem + Glacial Cascade + AOE + Faster Casting
Mainskill bosses:
Spell Totem + Glacial Cascade + Concentrated Effect + Faster Casting

Utility1: Frost Bomb + lowlvl Arcane Surge (if you got another 3L, then + Increased AOE)
Utility2: Frostbite + lowlvl Arcane Surge

At this point I usually already buy 2x Kikazarus (2c each on 1st day of the last league)
Reasons:
- you want to level up your Faster Attacks
- life/mana regens start to be important
- decent lightning res

the tree depends on what you are aiming for.
after lot of checking I go for more life/survivability which means taking Devotion and Constitution:
www.poeurl.com/b0Qi

Of course it is possible to focuse on DPS and do this:
www.poeurl.com/b0Qj

both trees are 68 passives
as I am trying to do this build in HC last weeks, i take the first option
actually you got more than enough DPS to proceed so I advise to go life even in SC

Do Cruel Lab, take the 5th totem (while you don't need more totems atm, there comes a LOT of life/mana regen you will need very soon)

At lvl48 and higher, you must start to look for a cheap Soul Mantle
No need for 6sockets just now so buy an unlinked unsocketed one and make a 4L
this will be enough to carry you through story and white maps
there you will start to farm chaos recipe sets for 2c each
this will bring you to 30-40c very soon so you will be able to get 5L soul mantle
the 5L one will be enough up to red maps at least, or even higher

Mainskill normal mobs Soul Mantle 4L:
Glacial Cascade + Cold Penetration + Increased Crit + AOE

Mainskill bosses Soul Mantle 4L:
Glacial Cascade + Cold Penetration + Increased Crit + Conc Effect

Mainskill normal mobs Soul Mantle 5L:
Glacial Cascade + Cold Penetration + Faster Casting + Increased Crit + AOE

Mainskill normal mobs Soul Mantle 5L:
Glacial Cascade + Cold Penetration + Faster Casting + Increased Crit + Conc Effect

Utility1: Frost Bomb + lowlvl Arcane Surge + Increased AOE
Utility2: Vaal Haste + Increased Duration
Utility3: Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify
Utility4: Cast When Damage Taken + Enfeeble + Summon Lightning Golem + Immortal Call

For QoL, I strongly recommend Portal + Flame Dash + Faster Casting

as soon as you can, spend 2 points for any jewel socket you can reach
buy Self-Flagellation and insert there, 15-16% ones are cheap and enough to give a boost

Well... at the moment you got your 5L Soul Mantle, 2x Kikazarus, Self-Flagellation and capped resists after you finished the story, you are pretty much set.

Hrimsorrow + Goldrim will be able to bring you to red maps.
Look for 40% GC conversion helm enchants, buy one as soon as you feel rich, and switch to that helm + rare gloves with life and resists.

End build skill trees are in the original post from thi3n.
Last edited by RushBone on Aug 2, 2018, 6:26:29 PM
@RushBone
The final tree you mention is the one in leveling section hardcore variant?
Im new player just start playing when incursion started in more than a month and stupidly not using guide so its a mess,gonna try following other build as much as possible for this flashback and might still do it again for next league at least until i understand how to play(it might take a long time haha).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info