[3.9] Toasters HC Necro Support – 10 Auras & 2 Curses – Victario's Influence

Excellent guides!

I'm going to use one of them for sure in 3.2.

I'm probably going to be running with 2 buddies who will run a bow build (windripper deadeye?). They might curse, but probably not 2-curse, and I'll probably not be running with any other party members (no curse-bot, probably no spellcasters or aoe dps). Would you still recommend the Guardian version in this case, or should I go with the Necro due to the big difference in attack speed and ability to curse? Also these buddies might tend to wander further away than the Guardian ascendancy auras. I like the idea of the Guardian version better, but I think in my specific case, Necro might be best.

Thoughts?

"
Archangel1337 wrote:
Excellent guides!

I'm going to use one of them for sure in 3.2.

I'm probably going to be running with 2 buddies who will run a bow build (windripper deadeye?). They might curse, but probably not 2-curse, and I'll probably not be running with any other party members (no curse-bot, probably no spellcasters or aoe dps). Would you still recommend the Guardian version in this case, or should I go with the Necro due to the big difference in attack speed and ability to curse? Also these buddies might tend to wander further away than the Guardian ascendancy auras. I like the idea of the Guardian version better, but I think in my specific case, Necro might be best.

Thoughts?

Sadly, Necromancer got nerfed quite heavily in terms of support. You will loose chaos resistance and half of the offering effect.

That's enough reason, to go for Guardian in 99% of the cases.
In your case, I would go as guardian as well, since it just feels smoother, is easier to get going and offers way more defense. If you use a Brightbeak or Supreme Truth as Guardian, you wont have any trouble to follow a wander. The attack speed Necromancer offers, is not needed, especially not for wander etc. and not worth the loss of defense.

Besides, you can bring Guardians to far higher lvls in terms of damage, by getting some Empowers, Enlightens and maybe a Victario's with +1 levels. That's not really possible as Necromancer.

If you have any further concerns, feel free to ask. :)
Thanks for the reply. I was kinda hoping you'd say that. I'll post my next two questions in your other thread.
Hi,

I love your guide. May I ask why do you recommend the corus elixir for witch version and not guardian? Is it because of the life regen guardian gets from his ascendancy? If so does that mean you should run curus elixir for no regen maps even with guardian?

Thank you.
Ive
"
Ive0607 wrote:
Hi,

I love your guide. May I ask why do you recommend the corus elixir for witch version and not guardian? Is it because of the life regen guardian gets from his ascendancy? If so does that mean you should run curus elixir for no regen maps even with guardian?

Thank you.
Ive

Heya :)
As I mentioned in the guide of the guardian version, the guardian has a way better defense vs chaos damage -> MOM + regen.
In addition, I wanted to show, that coruscating elixir is not needed, to survive chaos damage.

You could play the Necromancer without Coruscating as well.. the chance that you die on the way to 100 to chaos damage without the elixir is rather slow.
On the opposite, you can play Guardian with Coruscating elixir as well, since it offers a nice regen.

In the end, it's always up to you.. Guardian has a better mitigation vs chaos damage, both (Guardian and Necro) can take coruscating, none has to take it.

Coruscating Elixir + No regen is a NO GO! Once you forget to press the life flask, and youre coruscating runs out, you will instantly die to chaos damage because youre on 1 life.
NEVER do no regen maps with coruscating elixir.
If you do no regen maps, always keep an eye on your life pool. I would honestly just reroll no regen.. it's very annoying to run.
Last edited by Toaster404 on Feb 28, 2018, 9:02:03 PM
Your final gem links show up as:
Boots: Purity of Lightning + Purity of Fire + Purity of Lightning + Enlighten

Do you run 2 purity of lightning or should one be ice? Not sure if I am just missing something or this was added as mistake?

"
zetseui wrote:
Your final gem links show up as:
Boots: Purity of Lightning + Purity of Fire + Purity of Lightning + Enlighten

Do you run 2 purity of lightning or should one be ice? Not sure if I am just missing something or this was added as mistake?

Oh sorry, it was supposed to be Purity of Ice. I just fixed it. :)
Just started HC.... not sure if i should play witch or templar...

right now im witch... so hope all will be good...

hope to play with my friends.... but we never do shaper n high stuff like that, just maps n stuff...
"
thyraa wrote:
Just started HC.... not sure if i should play witch or templar...

right now im witch... so hope all will be good...

hope to play with my friends.... but we never do shaper n high stuff like that, just maps n stuff...

In the actual state of the game, I wouldn't go with Witch.
Choose Ascendant or Guardian, although I would recommend you Guardian.
It's way easier to start with and had a smoother endgame experience, especially for HC. :)
I just updated the guide in terms of design and a comaparison with the upcoming Occultist Support.

I hope you like it! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info