[3.9] Toasters HC Necro Support – 10 Auras & 2 Curses – Victario's Influence

INTRODUCTION

Heyhey, in the following I created a build guide about my very cheap and powerful Necro support, with which I hit lvl 100 on Harbinger Hardcore.
Please note, that I didn't update this build 100%. I didnt update the Equipment, didnt include a PoB and didn't optimize the build to the limits. I only update this build to 3.8, because in the current state it is actually a quite good aurabot.

Update 3.9

- Actually, in 3.9 there were pretty much no changes at all. The build works exactly the same as in 3.8.
- No buffs & no nerfs
- ATTENTION: The Gem setup in the linked items is NOT correct - use the links shown in the chapter "Gem Section"

Update 3.8

- Adjusted the skill tree, fitting now to the 3.8 passive tree
- Necromancer got a HUGE buff: Plaguebringer and Corpse Pact offer high offense and Essence Glutton could be used for some nice recovery/defensive boost
- Summoner got a huge buff in general - so lvling/mapping as a Necro Support Summoner is doable
- Updated the comparison with Guardian (got buffed) and Ascendant (got nerfed)
- ATTENTION: The Gem setup in the linked items is NOT correct - use the links shown in the chapter "Gem Section"

Overview

Pros:
+ Very good offensive and defensive boost
+ 6-10k ES affordable (& ~1.2k life)
+ Budgetfriendly (you can start with a budget of 10c)
+ Offerings are nice quality of life
+ Offers better defenses and offenses than a support with Shavronne’s Wrappings
+ Good defenses vs chaos damage

Cons:
- No regen maps are very annoying to run
- Gameplay is for some player not as smooth as Shavs support, because chaos damage bypass ES -> have to take care of your life pool very rarily
- Need necessarily 2 uniques to get going (Prism Guardian, Victarios Influence)
- Defense is not that insane in comparison with Guardian

Necromancer vs. Guardian vs. Ascendant vs. Occultist

Necromancer
+ Necromancer got buffed quite a lot in 3.8 (Offers better survivability and more damage for the party)
+ Offers average defense for yourself and the party (7% to max Elemental Resistance, Bone Offering, 10% reduced damage taken next to corpse)
+ Very good speed and damage for the party
+ Mediocore to gear -> requires an expensive crafted helmet
+ Good defense vs. chaos damage (Coruscating Elixir can be used)
+ Has 2 curses in the base setup
+ Gives you the possibility to carry solo with Minions
- Doesn’t feel as smooth to play as the Guardian (quite worse defense)
-> Necromancer is next to Guardian a pretty decent choice. It offers a pretty good defense and the possibility to play solo with minions.

Guardian
+ Offers very high defense for yourself and especially the party (High flat ES, 9% to max Elemental Resistance, physical damage reduction, life regen)
+ Very easy to gear -> only requires cheap uniques and rares and no crafts to reach the full endgame potential
+ Best defense vs. chaos damage (because of MoM) -> Coruscating Elixir is not needed!
- At this point there is no downside anymore compared to Ascendant
-> Guardian is the best offensive & defensive option in the current state. The only reason to go Ascendant would be Jewel stacking. Necromancer is now a good alternative to Guardian - offers less defense but a tiny better offense.

Ascendant
+ Offers average defense for yourself and the party (7% to max Elemental Resistance, physical damage reduction, Bone Offering)
+ Mediocore to gear -> requires an expensive crafted helmet
+ Has 2 curses in the base setup
- Doesn’t feel as smooth to play as the Guardian (way worse defense)
- Ascendant got nerfed heavily in 3.8 (less attack/cast speed, less aura effect)
-> There's almost no reason anymore to go Ascendant - Necromancer and Guardian are almost always better.

Occultist
Spoiler
+ Offers very high defense for yourself and the party (8-9% to max Elemental Resistance, curses)
+ Good speed and damage for the party
+ Easy to gear -> only requires cheap uniques and rares and no crafts to reach the full endgame potential
+ Has 4 curses in the base setup
- Reduced Curse Effect Map Mod is kinda rippy
-> Occultist got nerfed a lot in 3.7.. it's still useable, but I highly recommend to go for Guardian or Necromancer.

How much damage and defense do I actually offer?

Auras
- Purities: 7 on all max elemental resistances
- Grace: 5160 Evasion
- Discipline: 423 Energy Shield
- Haste: 30% Attack & Cast Speed & 16% Movement Speed
- Choose 3 of the 5 following damage auras:
- Hatred: 58% of Physical Damage added as Cold Damage, 42% more cold damage
- Wrath: 328 Lightning Damage for Attacks, 48% more Lightning Damage with spells
- Anger: 320 Fire Damage for Attacks, 270 Damage for Spells
- Zealotry: 35% more Spell Damage, 92% inc crit chance, 23% chance to create consecrated ground hitting a rare/unique mob
- Malevolence: 46% more damage over time, 46% increased skill effect duration

Ascendancy
- Increased Damage: 30%
- Attack & Cast Speed: 54%
- 20% Elemental Resistances
- Offering skills effect you as well
- 30% increased AoE (consumed corpse recently)
- 10% more damage, if there is a corpse nearby
- 10% reduced damage taken next to a corpse

Corpse Pact vs. Essence Glutton:
- Enemies near corpses you spawn are chilled and shocked
vs.
- Decent ES/Mana regen next to corpses + ES recovery for consumed corpses

[Aura Effectiveness 81%, with Generosity: 130%]

Gem Setup

- Body chest: Wrath – Anger – Hatred – Clarity (lvl 1) – Enfeeble + Blasphemy
- Helmet: Shield Charge + Fortify + Faster Attacks + Smite
- Shield: Vaal Discipline, Haste, Vaal Grace
- Boots: Purity of Lightning + Purity of Fire + Purity of Ice + Enlighten
- Gloves: Ball Lightning + GMP + Curse on Hit + Assassin’s Mark (or Elemental Weakness)
- Weapon: Descerate + Increased Duration – Bone Offering

Aura Setup: https://poe.mikelat.com/#koH2ocKd/9b.I7p/d7.DTbc/9b.sJb

Gear Section

Quick Overview:

Detailed Explanation:
Spoiler

Gear
Body Chest: Victario’s Influence (6s)

Boots: Sin Trek (try to get a high ES roll)

Sword: Epheremal Edge or Prismatic Eclipse (3x green socket)

Shield: Prism Guardian

Helmet: Hubris Circlet with Reduced mana reservation enchantment (possiblities: Anger, Wrath, Hatred --- Purity of Fire, Purity of Lightning, Purity of Ice work as well, but it would result in less unreserved mana -> may cause problems to sustain mana)
Craft the helmet with Shrieking Essence of Loathing (4% reduced mana reserved) and try to get around 200 Energy Shield

Gloves: Rare ones with high ES + Chaos Resistance

Ring 1: Rare Ring with Chaos Resistance and Energy Shield

Ring 2: Chaos Resistance, Energy Shield

Amulet: Chaos Resistance, Energy Shield, Increased Maximum Energy Shield OR Presence of Chayula (not needed, just Quality of Life) OR Blood of Corruption (Immunity to Elemental Damage - Vaal Aura)

Belt: Bated Breath

Jewels: Conqueror’s Efficiency + Rare (Abyss) Jewels (eg. Energy Shield, Mana, Resistances, Dexterity, Chaos Resistance)

Flasks
Divine Life Flask with immunity to Bleeding and instant recovery on low life

Stibnite with immunity to Shock

Ruby Flask with immunity to Ignite

Quartz Flask with immunity to Curses

Quicksilver

Of course you could also take three Elemental flasks.
For Softcore you can remove the life flask to 100% - I only used it for the worst of the worst case, although I never dropped below 60% Life

Budget Section

Spoiler

Budget Gem links:
Spoiler
Body Chest: Wrath – Anger – Hatred – Clarity (lvl 1) – Enfeeble + Blasphemy
Boots: Purity of Lightning + Purity of Fire + Purity of Ice + Enlighten
Shield: Discipline, Haste, Grace
Helmet: Vaal Haste + Vaal Discipline + Increased Duration – Bone Offering
Gloves: Ball Lightning + GMP + Curse on Hit + Assassin’s Mark (or Elemental Weakness)

Budget Aura Setup:
https://poe.mikelat.com/#RupLeQCd/9b.I7p/tr.CTbc/9b.sJb

Budget Gear:
Spoiler
Body Chest: Victario’s Influence (at least 5s)

Boots: Sin Trek (try to get a high ES roll)

Sword: Ephemeral Edge

Shield: Prism Guardian

Helmet: Broken Crown (high ES and chaos res rolls are important)

Gloves: Rare ones with high ES (150+)

Ring 1: Valyrium OR Rare Ring with Chaos Resistance and Energy Shield

Ring 2: Cold Resistance, Chaos Resistance, Energy Shield

Amulet: Chaos Resistance, Energy Shield

Belt: Bated Breath
Jewels: Conqueror’s Efficiency + Rare Jewels (eg. Inc. Energy Shield, Resistances, Dexterity)

Flasks
Spoiler

Divine Life Flask with immunity to Bleeding and instant recovery on low life

Stibnite with immunity to Freeze

Coruscating Elixir

Quicksilver

Open spot.. use a flask which you prefer.

Progression & Skill Tree

Spoiler
You can fully spec to support on lvl 70.
I highly recommend you to play SRS before.

Skill Tree
Lvl 14: http://poeurl.com/cx0O Grab the dmg nodes at the start and pick some life. You can lvl with Lifesprigs or +1 Fire Gems wand (SRS + Melee Splash + Minion Damage)
Lvl 28: http://poeurl.com/cx0N Grab the duration node and try to get a +1 Minion 4l Helmet (SRS + Melee Splash + Minion Damage + Melee Physical Damage).
Lvl 38: http://poeurl.com/cx0L Travelling a bit more.. nothing interesting
Lvl 49: http://poeurl.com/cx0K Starting to pick the aura nodes
Lvl 62: http://poeurl.com/cx0J Travelling a bit more, getting life
Lvl 70: http://poeurl.com/cx0I (from now on you can go full support, and should equip all the required items)
Lvl 85: http://poeurl.com/cx0H (Now you can grab the last Aura node -> Champion of the Cause and use finally your tenth aura, Anger)
Lvl 90: http://poeurl.com/cx0F
Lvl 100: http://poeurl.com/cx0E (Grabbing all the ES available)

Aura Setup while lvling
Take Hatred with Generosity as early as possible.
Otherwise Auras like Haste, Discipline and Purities may be useful while lvling.

Bandits
Kill them all.

Ascendancies
Normal: Mistress of Sacrifice
Cruel: Commander of Darkness
Merciless: Plaguebringer
Uber Lab: Corpse Pact or Essence Glutton

Pantheon
Major: Soul of the Brine King
Minor: Soul of Shakari - You can swap it out with Soul of Abberath on Burning Ground Maps (Never did it, just a Quality of Life)

How to deal with chaos damage?

The build utilize many different layers of defense vs. chaos damage:
- Around 1.3k life with 75% chaos res -> Equal to around 9k Life with -60% chaos res.
- Pantheon: Soul of Shakari -> 25% reduced chaos damage from caustic clouds, 5% reduced chaos damage taken
- Over 120 life regen

You can use Coruscating Elixir, since it offers a good defense vs. chaos damage, 6% max fire res and ES regen.

Video

Poorjoys (I'm playing my Champion Tornado Shot and Dip is playing my support build)
https://youtu.be/_3B31cw-udE

Last edited by Toaster404 on Dec 13, 2019, 11:06:55 AM
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2018, 7:22:56 PM
Would love to try the build. Any chance you could provide a leveling guide? Never tried anything like this. Thanks!
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but as a support you rely on having someone with you 100% of the time?

Or can you tweak something to be able to still run some content by yourself while you get a party?

Thanks for the build, seems interesting and the budget part makes it even more attractive.
"
neoseagull wrote:
Would love to try the build. Any chance you could provide a leveling guide? Never tried anything like this. Thanks!

I already wrote a bit to the lvling part of this supporter (section 'Progression & Skill Tree').

If you want to lvl solo, you basically just grab SRS with lvl 8, grab a wand with +1 to Fire Gems (3L) and link it with Minion Damage and Melee Splash. Take Clarity on lvl 10.
Then you follow the tree till around lvl 30 and get a Helmet with +1 to Lvl to socketed Minion Gems (4L), you can buy it cheap on poe.trade or craft it yourself with the recipe (described in wiki). 4th Link would be Melee Physical Damage.
Around this lvl you should also grab Hatred.
Try to get a 4l +2 to socketed Minion Gems Helmet as soon as possible.
At lvl 34 (or earlier) you should do normal lab... lvl 55 is for cruel lab fine as well (both solo possible).
Vaal Haste helps for lvling as well!
If you want the most easy lvling experience possible, you could just lvl with a 5L/6L Weapon with +1 or +2 to Fire Gems.
Then you can respec at lvl 70. Just follow the linked trees in the description. :)

"
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but as a support you rely on having someone with you 100% of the time?

Or can you tweak something to be able to still run some content by yourself while you get a party?

Thanks for the build, seems interesting and the budget part makes it even more attractive.

With the version I posted on this Forum you always need someone to have with you, because you don't deal damage yourself.

There is indeed a version, which can farm maps easily solo with the same tree. You would just swap the curse setup with a 4l SRS setup and get around 20k DPS per SRS (you could tune it a lot with some adjustments but it would change some parts of the build a lot).

If you want to have a look at this kind of Support with SRS setup, you can just check a different character of mine (did multiple): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/saphisreturn/characters InfarotToasterS or ToasterSupportTruthan --- The Presence of Chayula is not necessary and can be replaced by an amulet and a ring with chaos resistance. :)
Last edited by Toaster404 on Aug 28, 2017, 3:01:40 AM
Hey, just to confirm, you dont need to have chest 6linked?
"
Joffi wrote:

No, you don't need a 6l chest.
You need a 2l (6s) chest for Blasphemy + Enfeeble... all other gems can be unlinked (doesn't matter, if 3l, 4l or 5l).
"
"
Joffi wrote:

No, you don't need a 6l chest.
You need a 2l (6s) chest for Blasphemy + Enfeeble... all other gems can be unlinked (doesn't matter, if 3l, 4l or 5l).

Thanks alot! Got mine to 70 now and its starting to get fun!

For the 2nd curse, does it have to be one of the two you have in the guide, or can I choose wide open depending on who I play with?

Also what is the purpose of bone offering, I might be just stupid to not see it :p

Love the build!
"
Joffi wrote:

Thanks alot! Got mine to 70 now and its starting to get fun!

For the 2nd curse, does it have to be one of the two you have in the guide, or can I choose wide open depending on who I play with?

Also what is the purpose of bone offering, I might be just stupid to not see it :p

Love the build!

The first curse should be definitely Enfeeble, since it offers superb defenses in combination with Evasion (Grace) and Energy Shield.
The 2nd curse can be one you wish.. but from my experience Assassin's Mark and Elemental Weakness are the most universal ones. Some ppl also wish Warlords Mark or whatever. :)

Bone Offering increases your amount of block a lot. You could also use Flesh Offering for more speed.
But in the end you use it only once per map (to detonate the boss -> avoiding deaths to detonate dead). In the start Flesh Offering may be nice, if your attack speed is too low to keep up with a very fast party.
i've made that build and its a blast! I managed to cap my resists and everything without a ring so i'm using a redblade band for my stone golem, and it's totally worth it: golem near immortal, more regen and more taunts. using presence of chayula for that juicy ES and chaos resistance, even tho it reduces my life from 1220 to 990 at lvl 90, still very safe against chaos damage.

Also reporting that damage effectiveness for my friends in average is 2.5 times original damage, without vaal haste, EE and curse calculation. defense effectiveness is hard to point out but absolutely noticeable.
Last edited by opmanzano on Sep 6, 2017, 4:58:44 AM
"
opmanzano wrote:
i've made that build and its a blast! I managed to cap my resists and everything without a ring so i'm using a redblade band for my stone golem, and it's totally worth it: golem near immortal, more regen and more taunts. using presence of chayula for that juicy ES and chaos resistance, even tho it reduces my life from 1220 to 990 at lvl 90, still very safe against chaos damage.

Also reporting that damage effectiveness for my friends in average is 2.5 times original damage, without vaal haste, EE and curse calculation. defense effectiveness is hard to point out but absolutely noticeable.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoy my build! :)

Due to the high base res, you can use a lot of different rings... Perandus Signet for higher Exp gain works as well.
Presence of Chayula is absolutely OP for this build, but in the end just quality of life. If you have enough ES, you could swap the Epheremal Edge with a faster weapon (eg. Supreme Truth). The higher attack speed makes Shield Charge a lot smoother. In this case you would also gain life (bc Epheremal Edge reduces your inc life by 10%) and be more tanky vs chaos damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info