3.1 Kinetic Blast Mines MoM Saboteur (Viable for 100 in HC)

For those who start this build - I found much better to use fire nova mine than lightning trap on your road to lv28.
"
phx wrote:
For those who start this build - I found much better to use fire nova mine than lightning trap on your road to lv28.

Good idea, I haven't been leveling anything new for a while so I forgot FNM is quite good with clarity and Alira. I'll update the post.

Also, I'm now at lv ~55 with GC mines 5L at ~2200 dps and struggling to decide when to start converting into KB. Any tips? Or just level using GC until I can use Piscators?
"
phx wrote:

Also, I'm now at lv ~55 with GC mines 5L at ~2200 dps and struggling to decide when to start converting into KB. Any tips? Or just level using GC until I can use Piscators?

Piscators is pretty bad for this build. KB mines relies on flat damage from wand/jewelery/auras, and you need at least ~200 total flat damage and some good base crit before you can start playing it properly.

Luckily, to try it out and see if you have enough gear/levels for it, you pretty much don't need to change the tree at all from GC mines. Just equip your KB gear and see how it performs.
I tried (using this wand)
, got smh like 1k deeps on gmp-ele-kb-remotemine-minefield. 5L GC setup gives almost 5k now. My character must be open, name Le_cheeki_breeki. So I need 200+ edps wand and change jewelry to get flat ele dmg too?
"
phx wrote:
I tried (using this wand)
, got smh like 1k deeps on gmp-ele-kb-remotemine-minefield. 5L GC setup gives almost 5k now. My character must be open, name Le_cheeki_breeki. So I need 200+ edps wand and change jewelry to get flat ele dmg too?

You want Wrath aura first of all. Second, the wand DPS doesn't matter. The only thing that really matters is the flat damage (not dps) and crit. Also, those links are surely worse than having added cold/added lightning instead of EDWA. Damage on jewelery is a bonus of course.
Have you considered picking Pierce cluster on tree and replacing Pierce support gem with something else?
"
Kruskader wrote:
Have you considered picking Pierce cluster on tree and replacing Pierce support gem with something else?

Mentioned in FAQ, but yeah, you can do that and a lot of people do replace it with EDWA or added lightning. It's just preference.
Currently trying to theorycraft a hybrid KB for Clear and GC for single target. Remote mine Shaper helm is a pseudo 5L GC, and if you get lucky like me you can get something like this

That added mine is essentially a 33% more Mult because 4 mines rather than 3, which is about the added damage that a 6th link would add like Hypo. Also the mod is global, so also more KB mines laid each time.

Only issue is that GC is spell and KB is attack, so I'm going to have to run a weapon swap setup. Wand and lyco for clearing, and a crit dagger and spell crit shield for bossing (GC doesn't need hit chance.)

I mean you really don't even need to swap, but the GC damage is solidly better with a full spell crit alt setup.
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Dec 14, 2017, 11:10:01 PM
What do u think about wearing a new unique called "Inpulsa's Broken Heart Sadist Garb" for explosions and shock immune?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info