[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

Where should I get mana leech early in maps?
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
You would run conc effect with Increased AOE in this setup? I've never done this and I wasn't sure if it was a typo.
Last edited by Nooxylol on Dec 12, 2017, 2:29:09 PM
Been leveling as this. Naturally with Ancestral Call, I tested out the other options and MS seemed like the obvious choice for inquis. It seems nice in some scenarios, but in others VERY inconsistent. Since the balls do most of the damage, fast moving single targets can be really annoying (yes I'm running wildfires). I think running MultiStrike with Ancestral Call (both LESS damage) might be too much hit on damage at low levels, but mana is also an issue.

Luckily I bought a tabula from a guildie, so I've been testing options. Feeling like I may swap back to sunder or BF until I can use gear that supports MS. If you try molten and it isn't feeling right, no harm in changing back ;)

My suggestion with the feedback regarding changing the skill is to take a look at Neversink's Bow build guide. He details the skill choices and the strengths of each.

Also a thought - would switching to the consecrate passives be more beneficial at higher level vs Vaal Pact? Damage wise, it seems about the same (on consecrated ground), but with the added utility of regen and immunity to elemental status. Gifts from above would make consecrate pretty much 100% uptime. Could make running blood rage and labbing a lot more comfortable.

"

Soul Raker in the Top Right Claw nodes

"
JensLynild wrote:
Have you updated the pastebin link? Because the levelingtree and the Pastebin is different, and I just respecced a whole lot of points :((((

yes you need to respec some points. 13 in total for the molten strike build and 6 for the old Blade Flurry Build. This is fair for a smooth leveling experience I think.

"
What weapon i should use for leveling with MS in SSF way?

You can pretty much use any fast 1H weapon you like. I still recommend claws after youre able to reach Soul Raker for the Leech. Brightbeak is quite amazing till you swap to claws
Last edited by GornoDD on Dec 12, 2017, 1:40:18 PM
"

In early maps you should have the claw nodes for mana leech. At least if you did not take all the points away from the main path. If not, just take one small 0.4% mana leech node in the bottom right corner of the tree and unspec it when you get the claw leech nodes.

"
Nooxylol wrote:
I just saw the update to swap BF for MS. Although I was wondering if the swap from Single target gems, to aoe gems are correct after your update?

Switch Inc. AoE to Ele focus and Ancestral Call to Elemental Damage with Attacks for single target.

EDIT: Too late :D
Last edited by Mecielle on Dec 12, 2017, 1:41:17 PM
"
Icaros wrote:
Been leveling as this. Naturally with Ancestral Call, I tested out the other options and MS seemed like the obvious choice for inquis. It seems nice in some scenarios, but in others VERY inconsistent. Since the balls do most of the damage, fast moving single targets can be really annoying (yes I'm running wildfires). I think running MultiStrike with Ancestral Call (both LESS damage) might be too much hit on damage at low levels, but mana is also an issue.

Luckily I bought a tabula from a guildie, so I've been testing options. Feeling like I may swap back to sunder or BF until I can use gear that supports MS. If you try molten and it isn't feeling right, no harm in changing back ;)

My suggestion with the feedback regarding changing the skill is to take a look at Neversink's Bow build guide. He details the skill choices and the strengths of each.

Also a thought - would switching to the consecrate passives be more beneficial at higher level vs Vaal Pact? Damage wise, it seems about the same (on consecrated ground), but with the added utility of regen and immunity to elemental status. Gifts from above would make consecrate pretty much 100% uptime. Could make running blood rage and labbing a lot more comfortable.

Thanks for the feedback. The "inconsistency" of Molten Strike pretty much fades away after youre picking up a really fast weapon (1.9) together with lvl20 Multistrike. The Direkt hits are quite alot of dmg on their own, but the insane spam of projectiles pretty always hits even rather fast targets. Take a look at my videos from t16 maps if you dont believe me.

I dont really see any disadvantage of molten strike other than it trivilizes the game to an extent where nothing is any challange anymore and you get bored with PoE :)

Also I would never take any other ascendecies. None of the ground effect ones come anywhere close the the benefits of the recommended ones. Immunity to ailments is extremly inconsistent cause the spawn of the ground effects is most of the time lagging behind your character. At high attack speed you zip trough maps so faster, that it just cant keep up with your speed. The regen effects dont work with vaal pact wich is still amazing (check my Video where I tank the shaper beam with on a 3 Link).
"
GornoDD wrote:
"
Icaros wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. The "inconsistency" of Molten Strike pretty much fades away after youre picking up a really fast weapon (1.9) together with lvl20 Multistrike. The Direkt hits are quite alot of dmg on their own, but the insane spam of projectiles pretty always hits even rather fast targets. Take a look at my videos from t16 maps if you dont believe me.

I dont really see any disadvantage of molten strike other than it trivilizes the game to an extent where nothing is any challange anymore and you get bored with PoE :)

Also I would never take any other ascendecies. None of the ground effect ones come anywhere close the the benefits of the recommended ones. Immunity to ailments is extremly inconsistent cause the spawn of the ground effects is most of the time lagging behind your character. At high attack speed you zip trough maps so faster, that it just cant keep up with your speed. The regen effects dont work with vaal pact wich is still amazing (check my Video where I tank the shaper beam with on a 3 Link).

Pretty much this. After having played a Sprinkler MS build last league I was 100% convinced they would nerf Molten Strike. There just was nothing the build could not do, easily. It was super OP.

Then I read the patch nodes: No nerfs directly to MS and Ancestral Call confirmed. Now the one "bad" thing of Molten Strike, the low clearspeed, gets so much faster because pretty much always the amount of balls and the area they drop in gets trippled while clearing maps.

Looking forward to min-maxing the hell out of this one. Also, is the leech good enough for Uber Lab if I unspec Vaal Pact? I assume having seen you facetank the shaper beam with VP that Uber Lab should be ok without it. I just hate doing Uber Lab without regen :D
Last edited by Mecielle on Dec 12, 2017, 2:13:12 PM
I for one really appreciate the switch to Molten Strike.

As you say, the BF was good but MS is just insane, better across all aspects and I find it more enjoyable.

Appreciate your work.
[20/20] Molten Strike
[20/20] Elemental Damage with Attacks Support/Ancestral Call Support
[21/20] Added Lightning Damage Support - pref level 21
[20/20] Multistrike Support
[21/20] Elemental Focus/Increased Area of Effect Support
[20/20] Concentrated Effect Support

This is the main setup. You Swap "Ele Focus" for "Increased Area" and "Ancestral Call" for "Ele Dmg with Attacks" for Single Target.

You would use Increased AOE in the single target setup?

Also the cheapest Lycosidae is more than 100 chaos right now. I know its a new league but damn... is there a cheaper alternative?
Last edited by Nooxylol on Dec 12, 2017, 2:40:38 PM
"
Nooxylol wrote:

Also the cheapest Lycosidae is more than 100 chaos right now. I know its a new league but damn... is there a cheaper alternative?

Vagan claw (caps at ivlv 59 though), or a few good accuracy rolls on your gear.
I've been running ornament of the east, but its low damage won't even get you into maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info