[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

Tried HotG again - with T17 TVs and one WM. All wings are easy until the last part with lvl90+ GMs. Got totally obliterated again by another caustic arrow user - Sidrachaos.

I had a shaper's realm with both TV and WM in Templar's laboratory, and actually took the time to get the party twice more, and still couldn't kill her.

So... I don't think it's worth going in on HC just yet. This needs some more brainwork. Maybe the chaos res cluster near Witch's starting point? It's only +20% chaos res, but I think it *might* make the difference. From what I know, those 20% chaos res is the only chaos res for minion in the game. Another option is using the 'flasks affect minions' unique belt with some good amethyst flask.

Seriously, idk.

Can anyone please explain in layman's terms how to complete HotG without replacing all of our gear, and going with Scorching ray with pretty much the usual TV/WM support gems in 6l?

Also, mika2salo offered an interesting approach in his Flame Golem 101 build using Sai crafted with essence of insanity, which grants a special version of SRS which are totally immune to damage.

I'm the kind of player who doesn't really go all out with 'alts', and I pretty much 'main' this necro, and I would hate not being able to complete some of the content. :\
I add new video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pL7f4j8lCU&feature=youtu.be
Minotaur fight BUT with tukohama shield. No 3 totems but 6 totems. Also i lose 700 hp but i think its worth.

Dont know which option is better. 6050 life 6 totems and -30% block attacks and -15 for spell? OR 6750 life 3 totems and 75% block to attacks and spell.

BUT next question is . When i have Necromantic Aegis (All bonuses from an equipped Shield apply to your Minions instead of you) So my Animate Guardian and Spectres get 25% block and life from Tukohama's shield?
Last edited by JustMane on Oct 13, 2017, 9:09:19 PM
Hi to all . whats the deal now with raising the spectres ? theyre totaly random appear or still theres areas - maps we can summon tv and wm ? ty

IGN = Tominsideeeee

Need some advice about how to proceed with upgrading my character (should be public).

There are some concerns I'm currently having:

1. Flasks. Currently I have 2 life flasks (bleed and freeze), rumi, basalt (curse) and a quicksilver. I'm not sure where/how to fit in a 'situational' flask slot for things like mana flasks for no regen maps.

2. As a continuation of the first point, I wonder about rumi: even if we use the 5% block on the skill tree, as well as a very high block shield, unless we use the advancing fortress, we won't reach 75% block without rumi; however, WITH rumi (especially a well-rolled one like 19-20% block) a lot of that block goes to waste. So here's what I thought - isn't it better to free up the 5% block skill points, as well as take some lower-block but high-res shield like archon kite, and hover around ~55-59 block without rumi (with b/o up, obviously)? Or is it too risky to rely on rumi so much?

3. I currently need to upgrade my left ring, shield and gloves. Everything else is pretty much set (except for jewels, though). Any advice on how to proceed there? I want to cap resistances accounting for ele weakness maps, and possibly get some chaos res for suffixes, while getting enough mana as prefixes for 7:3 MoM (looking forward and accounting for more life from better jewels, too). I also will be dropping the 15% allres node near the block nodes in case I go the archon kite route.

Thanks for any advice in advance.
"
JustMane wrote:
And still no one have poratl on clear Shaper -.- i waste my time to day spamming 7 hours on global chat...
Quit spamming. Just read global 6666. I've seen at least 2-3 shaper's realm offers every hour.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
Need some advice about how to proceed with upgrading my character (should be public).

There are some concerns I'm currently having:

1. Flasks. Currently I have 2 life flasks (bleed and freeze), rumi, basalt (curse) and a quicksilver. I'm not sure where/how to fit in a 'situational' flask slot for things like mana flasks for no regen maps.

2. As a continuation of the first point, I wonder about rumi: even if we use the 5% block on the skill tree, as well as a very high block shield, unless we use the advancing fortress, we won't reach 75% block without rumi; however, WITH rumi (especially a well-rolled one like 19-20% block) a lot of that block goes to waste. So here's what I thought - isn't it better to free up the 5% block skill points, as well as take some lower-block but high-res shield like archon kite, and hover around ~55-59 block without rumi (with b/o up, obviously)? Or is it too risky to rely on rumi so much?

3. I currently need to upgrade my left ring, shield and gloves. Everything else is pretty much set (except for jewels, though). Any advice on how to proceed there? I want to cap resistances accounting for ele weakness maps, and possibly get some chaos res for suffixes, while getting enough mana as prefixes for 7:3 MoM (looking forward and accounting for more life from better jewels, too). I also will be dropping the 15% allres node near the block nodes in case I go the archon kite route.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

1. The only flasks I seem to use are Rumi's and my bleed flask. I have a basalt, ruby, and topaz as well, but I literally never hit those. TBH I only use the Rumi's on bosses as well, and even the bleed flask... normally I'll notice a mob has bleed, and I just stop casting, let the spectres kill them instead.

2. I'm using the scourge, same as you, with a Rathpith. So I need the block flask to max out block. You're absolutely right about dropping some block points and relying on the Rumi's more... but I'm lazy, and this build absolutely doesn't need to be min-maxed to clear everything except HotGM.

3. Get whatever is cheapest first... decent gloves can be had for 10-20c if you keep an eye on the market. As for resists, I run an essence worm with Haste in it most of the time, but I just swap in another essence worm with purity of elements for elemental weakness maps. Another option is to grab a shield with high resists but lower block and swap that in for the map.

Realistically, with your current gear, I'd suggest swapping in Rathpith and ditching the Lazhwar, then top up your resists with an amulet / gloves, and you should be able to clear anything you want short of HotGM.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Using Necro Aegis for a while, doing all Guardians and Shaper again, I still found that though the dps is astrologically high (Minotaur has like 5 secs before crumbling), survivability is still low with roughly 6500 ehp, 60/60 block chance with bone offering (75/70 something with rumi). One death from crit from Phoenix (with +dam +crit mods). One death from Shaper's balls. One death from whatever going on in Hydra. One death from Minotaur's slam. Interestingly, only Chimera seems to be consistently easy with this build since his arena is very large and does not have stupid projectiles/explosions around.

Do you think it's worth going with 2 rumi to keep max block for full boss fight? Perhaps I should just switch all my jewels to max life and +strength <.<
Last edited by wiwigvn on Oct 14, 2017, 3:17:37 AM
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
Tried HotG again - with T17 TVs and one WM. All wings are easy until the last part with lvl90+ GMs. Got totally obliterated again by another caustic arrow user - Sidrachaos.

I had a shaper's realm with both TV and WM in Templar's laboratory, and actually took the time to get the party twice more, and still couldn't kill her.

So... I don't think it's worth going in on HC just yet. This needs some more brainwork. Maybe the chaos res cluster near Witch's starting point? It's only +20% chaos res, but I think it *might* make the difference. From what I know, those 20% chaos res is the only chaos res for minion in the game. Another option is using the 'flasks affect minions' unique belt with some good amethyst flask.

Seriously, idk.

Can anyone please explain in layman's terms how to complete HotG without replacing all of our gear, and going with Scorching ray with pretty much the usual TV/WM support gems in 6l?

Also, mika2salo offered an interesting approach in his Flame Golem 101 build using Sai crafted with essence of insanity, which grants a special version of SRS which are totally immune to damage.

I'm the kind of player who doesn't really go all out with 'alts', and I pretty much 'main' this necro, and I would hate not being able to complete some of the content. :\

United in dream gives 29% chaos resist to minions too
"
Tom1nside wrote:
Hi to all . whats the deal now with raising the spectres ? theyre totaly random appear or still theres areas - maps we can summon tv and wm ? ty

+1 same question
"
JustMane wrote:
I add new video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pL7f4j8lCU&feature=youtu.be
Minotaur fight BUT with tukohama shield. No 3 totems but 6 totems. Also i lose 700 hp but i think its worth.

Dont know which option is better. 6050 life 6 totems and -30% block attacks and -15 for spell? OR 6750 life 3 totems and 75% block to attacks and spell.

BUT next question is . When i have Necromantic Aegis (All bonuses from an equipped Shield apply to your Minions instead of you) So my Animate Guardian and Spectres get 25% block and life from Tukohama's shield?

I don't see the necessity to use a tukohama shield. There is just nothing that takes so much dps to kill. Guardians die in seconds and shaper is done quick enough.

I would go as defensive as possible, because even the dps is doubled, we save around 5-10 seconds on bosses. But dying once is at least 30 second backtracking, not counting exp loss and hardcore.

Maybe if GGG nerfs vanguards next league, we will have to use that shield.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info