[3.0] Magma Orb by Paige | Videos | Uber Atziri/Guardians/Shaper Down | Leveling Guide | Budget

So I have a question here: Does Magma Orb "shotgun"? I've done some googling and it says spell shotgun has been removed in 2.0; but I've noticed (played this build for a while now) that when I'm close up to a monster I do way more damage vs. when I'm at a distance (no point blank). Also my Dying Sun makes me kill faster.

Can somebody enlighten me here? Google isn't giving me a concrete answer.

Second, How would I calculate my DPS in PoB taking into account number of projectiles/shotgun?

Thank you!
Had to change signature because poe.trade listed thread from 2013.
"
marat569 wrote:
So I have a question here: Does Magma Orb "shotgun"? I've done some googling and it says spell shotgun has been removed in 2.0; but I've noticed (played this build for a while now) that when I'm close up to a monster I do way more damage vs. when I'm at a distance (no point blank). Also my Dying Sun makes me kill faster.

Second, How would I calculate my DPS in PoB taking into account number of projectiles/shotgun?

Thank you!

The direct damage can not shotgun but Magma Orb has two stages, direct damage and the AoE damage when it bounces and the AoE damage can shotgun. So one orb can hit twice technically if lined up properly, which is why I use Slower Projectiles on bosses because it pretty much gives you a 100% chance of shotgunning each cast.

Calculating DPS is a disaster in this game. Not only because it's quite difficult to calculate DPS in general with how many things are going on, each mob has different resistances and what not. Also doesn't help people mislead others in their build titles blatantly lying for views so once you do have an accurate-ish number there's nothing to compare it to anyways lol.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
OhhPaigey wrote:
"
marat569 wrote:

Thank you!

The direct damage can not shotgun but Magma Orb has two stages, direct damage and the AoE damage when it bounces and the AoE damage can shotgun. So one orb can hit twice technically if lined up properly, which is why I use Slower Projectiles on bosses because it pretty much gives you a 100% chance of shotgunning each cast.

Calculating DPS is a disaster in this game. Not only because it's quite difficult to calculate DPS in general with how many things are going on, each mob has different resistances and what not. Also doesn't help people mislead others in their build titles blatantly lying for views so once you do have an accurate-ish number there's nothing to compare it to anyways lol.

Thanks for the reply. I found some mechanics on youtube on the mechanics as well.

Now looking at Path of Building DPS, if two balls where to hit would it be safe to multiply the total DPS by two for *approximate* DPS.

Also you're 100% correct, DPS in this game is a disaster; it's amazing we know so much with so little information given to us by GGG.
Had to change signature because poe.trade listed thread from 2013.
tell me if wrong here but your gems are wrong if you sue ele focus you cannot ignite and you are wasting two gem slots...
"
Gameexe wrote:
tell me if wrong here but your gems are wrong if you sue ele focus you cannot ignite and you are wasting two gem slots...

You are correct, they are there for the more multiplier.

I enchanted a Hrimnor's Resolve myself and decided to make a magma orb character, I have been enjoying this build for about a week, I switched in empower 4 instead of chance to ignite for my AOE and finally vaaled a 21 magma orb, the clear speed is great!
This is my gear atm

In my opinion we should be casting Lightning Golem ourselves and have projectile weakness with our lvl 1 CWDT set up, I also dropped Anger 21 with Empower 4 / Enlighten 4 because I was having problems with only being able to cast twice before OOM, so I could reliably gain xp at level 94 i'm just using Arctic Armour and now can run no regen maps with ease etc. I also dropped Vaal Haste Inc Duration temporarily to level more magma orbs and felt that damage was fine with out it. Is there anything you can see I can improve on. I will be level 95 tomorrow if all goes well.
If I were to do this build at league start, what would you recomend using until I can get PoH?
Quick question, why do you use cloaked in savagery over war bringer for ascendencies? Is the leech after savage hit that important? Especially looking ahead with the vaal pact nerf?

Also, with 3.1 coming do you think volley could work for aoe clear (and shotgunning?)
Last edited by Bujeebus on Dec 6, 2017, 1:36:46 AM
3.1 Update?
Is this build still legit in 3.1? Did anything get nerfed?
"
m0000o wrote:
Is this build still legit in 3.1? Did anything get nerfed?

Only Vaal Pact got nerfed. Not sure how bad the nerf actually was havent gotten to try it yet.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info