[3.6] Vieira's Magma Orb Miner (Guardians,Shaper,Uber and uber elder viable)

Thanks a lot for the build, I first played it in Harbinger and had a blast with it and this league I decided to make it my league starter since I love mines and magma orb. In 2 days worth of playing on this character (had a late league start though) I managed to push through atlas pretty fast and got my first Uber Elder kill and first encounter at the same time.

Again, thanks for giving birth to this build and for maybe destroying my graphics card but who cares, you're the best.
Last edited by CryogenXpert on Jun 11, 2018, 12:47:59 PM
"
CryogenXpert wrote:
Thanks a lot for the build, I first played it in Harbinger and had a blast with it and this league I decided to make it my league starter since I love mines and magma orb. In 2 days worth of playing on this character (had a late league start though) I managed to push through atlas pretty fast and got my first Uber Elder kill and first encounter at the same time.

Again, thanks for giving birth to this build and for maybe destroying my graphics card but who cares, you're the best.
I'm glad you are enjoying it!

You got a really nice gear!

If you get bored after a while, I suggest you try changing it to traps for a while. I'm trying right now and it seems to be equally good or maybe even better than mines, but the playstyle is really different, not better or worse, just different.

I have a crazy idea in mind for later in the league. Since with traps you don't need a shaper helm, a indigon could fit very well, but I'm not sure yet if it would be that good. Maybe I'll try it on standard first.
IGN: vieira
Great build. Killed uber elder with it.

Slower projectiles gem with gloomfang so op.
How are you guys getting your +2 shaped helm? I've run a few uberlabs casually hoping to get lucky and I haven't seen any shaped +2 helms on trade yet

"
Achaian wrote:
How are you guys getting your +2 shaped helm? I've run a few uberlabs casually hoping to get lucky and I haven't seen any shaped +2 helms on trade yet

Its super hard to get enchant by yourself. Try to buy normal helmet +2 chains. U can kill everyone w/o additional mine.

But remember. Slower projectiles gem so op on bosses. Its ur 4 gem slot on bosses.

So, try to get real upgrades like magma orb lvl 21 (+1chain), normal helmet with enchant (+2chain), 5 or 6 link staff.
Got my very first Uber Elder kill with this build!

Bricked one set both because I died to dumb shit I could've easily avoided, and because it was my first ever run.

Second set, Died several times but overall quite a smooth easy kill. Especially for being only on a 5L

For those interested you can find my gear under this spoiler:
Spoiler

Thank you for an awesome build guide!
alright. i can't for the life of me figure out where that life regen is coming from in you PoB link. i mean, when i try to replicate the build, i get the same life regen only if i configure the PoB to calculate that 20 mines have been detonated recently, which your PoB does not have. Trying to make a Scion malachai's awakening version for giggles, but for some reason the life regen is much lower than in your build. i even have regen from the tree, unlike your build.

any tips? what am i doing wrong?
"
Kinoniko wrote:
alright. i can't for the life of me figure out where that life regen is coming from in you PoB link. i mean, when i try to replicate the build, i get the same life regen only if i configure the PoB to calculate that 20 mines have been detonated recently, which your PoB does not have. Trying to make a Scion malachai's awakening version for giggles, but for some reason the life regen is much lower than in your build. i even have regen from the tree, unlike your build.

any tips? what am i doing wrong?

You are right, I spent half an hour trying to understand where the regen was comming from.

I found the issue and it is completelly my fault.

When they remade the ascendancies PoB wouldn't update so I edited a jewel (inevitability) with 20% life regen to simulate the effect of Pyromaniac, and I forgot to remove it when they updated.

I'm sorry about that.
IGN: vieira
Played this build this league, was pretty fun.

I tried to play with a +3 fire staff :
but it doesnt seem to target the boss.

Remote mines are supposed to target the closest ennemy?
hello can you upload a video with trapper magma orb ?
want to see if its good or not

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info