[3.6] Vieira's Magma Orb Miner (Guardians,Shaper,Uber and uber elder viable)

"
Zenake wrote:
hello can you upload a video with trapper magma orb ?
want to see if its good or not

To be honest after this patch notes is not worth to use traps anymore :(

It was almost the same as mines, with a little less damage on bosses. Now it will be really worse with traps.

The minefield change also nerfed the mine build by a lot. It's not worth to use minefield at all now.

I will have to replace it for trap and mine damage or conc effect and it will nerf the clear speed by a bit.
IGN: vieira
Is this the new path to take in the Templar area?
"
Andromad wrote:
Is this the new path to take in the Templar area?
Yes, I would use that path too. Maybe skip the Fate and Steel if you have enough res.
Oh yeah, I was confusing the area with Marauder's Endurance Charge area, which has 2 life clusters around it. What's the final verdict on Minefield? There was a post on reddit saying that it was not as bad as it might seem.
"
Andromad wrote:
Oh yeah, I was confusing the area with Marauder's Endurance Charge area, which has 2 life clusters around it. What's the final verdict on Minefield? There was a post on reddit saying that it was not as bad as it might seem.

I disagree, it is bad imo

I've made some calculations and I had 1.230.546 average dps using pre-nerf minefield (not considering any additional chains).

Post-nerf it is 954.017

It is close to 25% less damage.

Minefield had a decent pseudo-multiplier afterall (probably 40% or so), now it is 17% or 18%. A lot of other supports gives way more than that.
Would you still use minefield for general mapping? Seems like early on without a shaper helm for an extra mine you would be limiting your aoe potential by running a damage support over minefield.

I'm pretty interested in trying this build but it seems like there would never be a helm with lab enchant+shaper affix on the market. Has that been an issue at all for you?
"
skelion wrote:
Would you still use minefield for general mapping? Seems like early on without a shaper helm for an extra mine you would be limiting your aoe potential by running a damage support over minefield.

I'm pretty interested in trying this build but it seems like there would never be a helm with lab enchant+shaper affix on the market. Has that been an issue at all for you?

Maybe minefield will be usefull for mapping, but with the new instant detonate mines I think mapping without minefield won't be an issue.

About the helm, it's hard to get really early on the league. But after a week it starts to show up. The price range for it is really wide. I've paid 30c for an ilvl 86 in a league, but I also paid 7 ex for an ilvl 80 in another league. Both uncrafted.
U have 4 random nodes for traps on miner tree.

Also orb of storms setup will not work on shaper helmet with additional mine because "Can now be cast by mines, traps, totems, and can be triggered".
Last edited by poec3m on Sep 3, 2018, 5:34:48 AM
What do you think about trying to work the new Curtain Call helm into this build?
Why is Expeditious munitions in the tree ? do i overlook something ?
or is the guide just not updated at all ? dont get why the trapper nodes are in the tree maybe im dumb.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info