[3.6] Vieira's Magma Orb Miner (Guardians,Shaper,Uber and uber elder viable)

anyone have a leveling guide where i dont have to respec?
Have you considered putting Anger in an essence worm and running clarity to help with mana regen?
Can I use this build but use traps instead, since it is buffed in 3.3? I'm not planning to bring it super late but I think with traps it can still kill shaper, just not Uelder.
"
Ammoconda wrote:
Can I use this build but use traps instead, since it is buffed in 3.3? I'm not planning to bring it super late but I think with traps it can still kill shaper, just not Uelder.
I think it will be good with traps too. You just won't be able to prepare damage for bosses and gloomfang may not be worth it.
IGN: vieira
Thanks for build. Looks pretty good.

Some questions.

>Get equipment with life + dex and resists.

Why u need dex? I think we have enought for everything?

Slower projectiles is better than trap and mine damage for bosses?
Decided to play this in Incursion. Build is a lot of fun and very very strong.

Leveling sucked but I'm sure you could level as something like fire nova mine for a much better experience until you have more gear/levels.

You can evidently corrupt Gloomfang and have the implicit removed allowing you to wear it a lvl 56 instead of 77. I didn't nor could I find one for trade but that would likely speed it up as well.

Last edited by DALEEARNHARDT on Jun 6, 2018, 4:54:48 PM
I only have an elementalist this league and im contemplating trying this build for one -

Do you see any major drawbacks? I did a pob for the elementalist, damage is actually better due to the heralds and elemental resistances -25% penetration..

I couldn't see anything major i'm missing if I do it, I lose some place speed but I think it makes up for it with damage, I also lose the ability to have 11 mines placed, only 9, but since you place 3 at a time I think it's fine.
"
etnies445 wrote:
I only have an elementalist this league and im contemplating trying this build for one -

Do you see any major drawbacks? I did a pob for the elementalist, damage is actually better due to the heralds and elemental resistances -25% penetration..

I couldn't see anything major i'm missing if I do it, I lose some place speed but I think it makes up for it with damage, I also lose the ability to have 11 mines placed, only 9, but since you place 3 at a time I think it's fine.

You can try it but you'll be missing out on a huge amount of extra survivability from the life regen per mine detonated recently node + full mana pool for maximum MoM use.

A huge part of sustaining your mana is having a large pool so you can be running on Lavianga's Spirit a ton otherwise you'll have some pretty bad gaps where you can't do anything since the mines have a pretty hefty mana cost esp. considering the MoM aswell.

There's also the mine laying speed of like 25% or so which makes the build feel much smoother + keeps you alive since less standing in one spot. It's also a huge dps boost since you don't get an large amount of it making it more effective than the standard damage modifiers.

You're also placing 4 mines instead of 3 due to the shaper helmet suffix mod.
Last edited by SorrZulan on Jun 10, 2018, 2:05:31 AM
Has anyone tried this build in 3.3 with Trap Support and Clustertrap and not Mine Support and Minefield? After the Trap Changes
"
Iyuke wrote:
Has anyone tried this build in 3.3 with Trap Support and Clustertrap and not Mine Support and Minefield? After the Trap Changes
Actually I'm trying it right now!

Seems equally good, but I'm kinda late and didn't reach high tier maps yet to test it better.
IGN: vieira

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info