[3.0] Dark Pact Berserker - Farm All The Content!

I just wonder .. why the Attack Speed on the Gloves ?
Is Cast Speed not better ?

And thank you for this guide.. its so much fun to play it :)
"
Kirby1978 wrote:

Shield charge speed - aka map clearing speed - aka keeping up with parties who try to get to the end of gorge without killing anything.
Actually, regarding gloves, I am finding these very difficult to replace....

...anything else I've found seems to be inferior. Resistances are capped elsewhere, and as I've gone crit variant all the charges are useful.
Killed the Guardians in the last hour .. but for some i´m a oneshot.
Did i miss something or is 7,5k life not enough to survive the hard attacks ?
I've seen multiple DP berserker builds around and have a few questions for this build

1. Why aren't we focusing on crit at all? Wouldn't this hurt our dps by a chunk? (can use assassin's mark too)

2. The reason for not choosing an alternative weapon over rippling thoughts as you mentioned is because of movement skills, how about shield charge with bright beak for map farming? Which weapon do you think gives the highest DPS without considering movement skills (because you can always swap out your gear before the arena)

3. Why not herald of ice/thunder? I mean we can always replace an increased duration support/use a unset ring for the gem slot right?
would highly recommend this for lvling dark pact
"
Don't know if it's been asked but what about using a 6 link +3 chaos gem staff (perhaps with Empower for even higher gem levels) and Kaoms for stupid high HP? Some rough mental math shows the damage would be bonkers.

Thoughts?

Posting this since it seems to be missed.
"
Don't know if it's been asked but what about using a 6 link +3 chaos gem staff (perhaps with Empower for even higher gem levels) and Kaoms for stupid high HP? Some rough mental math shows the damage would be bonkers.

Thoughts?

This could be an idea that would do alot of damage however it's not really what I was going for in this build. I don't like the feeling of not having a movement ability.

"
Decreel wrote:
1. Why aren't we focusing on crit at all? Wouldn't this hurt our dps by a chunk? (can use assassin's mark too)

Crit can be done but you aren't losing as much dps as you might think. Adding crit requires some sacrifices on the skill tree that I wasn't willing to do when I made this build. It is a popular request though so I may look into adding a crit section the the guide.

"
Decreel wrote:

2. The reason for not choosing an alternative weapon over rippling thoughts as you mentioned is because of movement skills, how about shield charge with bright beak for map farming? Which weapon do you think gives the highest DPS without considering movement skills (because you can always swap out your gear before the arena)

Bright Beak would be a good choice for pure trash clear, as long as you can still 1 shot most mobs. You might not be able to leech through all bosses quite as easily either. The +3 chaos gems staff with a max spell damage roll is probably the best for pure dmg. If you wanted a 1h I would say maybe Apep's although you need to keep in mind you will be losing your harbinger. The harbinger gives you 50% uptime on arcane surge which works out to be around 30% dmg buff.

"
Decreel wrote:

3. Why not herald of ice/thunder? I mean we can always replace an increased duration support/use a unset ring for the gem slot right?

We wouldn't have enough cold damage to reliably proc herald of ice. I also have reserved all my mana with other things.

"
Kirby1978 wrote:
Killed the Guardians in the last hour .. but for some i´m a oneshot.
Did i miss something or is 7,5k life not enough to survive the hard attacks ?

It can be pretty hard to not be 1 hit by some of the guardians. Phoenix's nova seems to pretty much always one hit but can be avoided fairly easily. Minotaur is probably the scariest for random 1 hits with crit and damage rolls on map. You can try adding fortify to your movement skill to get that additional reduced damage. I would suggest dodging any attacks you can. Also make sure your resists are capped/overcapped

"
Altissimus wrote:
Actually, regarding gloves, I am finding these very difficult to replace....

Yes, those can be quite good if you can spare the life and resists.
"
Kirby1978 wrote:

Attack speed helps with Shield Charge/leap Slam/Whirling Blades. Especially leap slam
"
crustless wrote:
"

Thoughts?

This could be an idea that would do alot of damage however it's not really what I was going for in this build. I don't like the feeling of not having a movement ability.

Thanks for responding. :)

I understand your statement - this is a standpoint i have seen before. However, I've always enjoyed Lightning warp. With Faster Cast and Less Duration LW is instant. I think I'll load up Path of Building when I get home and compare the DPS between +3 CHaos Gem Multicrafted Staff and a 6 Link Pledge of Hands and see what's what.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info