[3.5] Mjölner Untethered 3.5 UPDATE! Mjölner is back! Uberelder+Shaper done

"
bex_HB wrote:
Hi, question ( maybe stupid ^^ )

the discharge relies on power charges.

the generation of power charges is based on assassins mark, right?

so i need to kill something first just by cyclone to generate power charges? that does not work from map level 1 on ^^

maybe i missed something?

thank you :)

Voll's Protector gives power charges on critical strike. It's the primary form of power charge generation with cyclone and the firestorms on cast on crit and on cwdt since any crit will generate a power charge.

Assassin's mark is mostly on the build as a damage booster since cursed enemies take extra damage from crits and have a higher chance to receive a crit.
"
SCamera wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:

so i need to kill something first just by cyclone to generate power charges? that does not work from map level 1 on ^^

Voll's Protector gives power charges on critical strike. It's the primary form of power charge generation with cyclone and the firestorms on cast on crit and on cwdt since any crit will generate a power charge.

Assassin's mark is mostly on the build as a damage booster since cursed enemies take extra damage from crits and have a higher chance to receive a crit.

Like Scamera said, voll's protector is the source of power charge generation. Unlike Power charge on crit (1 charge per crit), this item gives us a charge for each enemy that we hit with a crit==> Highest charge generation in the game.
Assassin's mark gives us higher crit chance for cyclone and spells (10%) and is in the build for higher charge generation as well as damage.
"
SCamera wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:

Ah, thank you! I am really blind ^^
Yes, Volls protector i still need, will get that soon.
Is Voll's Protector particularly necessary for this build if you have Inya's and Voll's Devotion for charges? That chest is infamously difficult to color well for its purposes.
"
Eninya wrote:
Is Voll's Protector particularly necessary for this build if you have Inya's and Voll's Devotion for charges? That chest is infamously difficult to color well for its purposes.

i short time ago tried without this chest ... and died often, because crit generation did not work.

i am not an expert here, but pretty sure you need this chest, because you just get a power charge for every crit hit, and only with power charges you can trigger your main dmg source, discharge
voll's protector is absolutely needed. the whole build is made around it.
Nice build :)

After my Voll's Protector decided not to 6L after 600 fuses I bought one and I'm enjoying spinning around.

A question though... This is the first Pathfinder I play and I need to press all my flasks quite often... do you have a recommendation about how to make it more easier on my fingers :D?
Maybe rebinning some key buttons?

"
Nice build :)

After my Voll's Protector decided not to 6L after 600 fuses I bought one and I'm enjoying spinning around.

A question though... This is the first Pathfinder I play and I need to press all my flasks quite often... do you have a recommendation about how to make it more easier on my fingers :D?
Maybe rebinning some key buttons?

an easy way to learn how to manage your flasks is to press 12345, then count 5 seconds in your mind and press it again. you'll press flasks every 5 seconds automatically after some time.
Hi,
if using gifts from above, is it normal to run uncapped resistences? maybe because the oath flask ... but i wondered.

currently i run with 2 rare rings to cap res, but i seems with gifts from above i would have more power charge generation, so i may try ( but loosing many res -.- )

this is what i currently run :

// also i have exactly 412 str, using 3 jewels with str on it ( to avoid using one of the +30 in tree ).
so maybe i need to completely change something, the str thing is really hard sometimes ( unfortunately my helmet does not have 50+ str )
Last edited by bex_HB on Sep 24, 2017, 6:44:10 AM
question, would this work with

Mjölner - Discharge
Chest - Arc

Im not a VERY big fan, and by that I mean I truly dislike cyclone in every aspect!
Been looking for a fun Arc Facetank build..

Also as a Witch ? Cuz I love them in every aspect haha

Maybe Occultist

#Forbidden Power
#Profane Bloom
#Vile Bastion

I do realise this would be a "diffrent" build but yet similar ..
Just wondering if its all possible, i get that pathfinder has the means to utilize the flasks alot better..

But a facetank arc with mjolner and discharge who utilize the Endurance/Power/Frenzy Charges ..
CWDT Immortal Call/Tempest Shield/
Auras and Curses and whatnot....
Last edited by LFM91 on Sep 24, 2017, 2:57:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info