[3.5] Mjölner Untethered 3.5 UPDATE! Mjölner is back! Uberelder+Shaper done

^
Last edited by Sacr0 on Oct 12, 2017, 4:51:43 AM
Hi, just a little question... how can you facetank the phoenix fire bomb? Maybe i missed some defensive mechancis but I kinda dont get it :) Is it the pathfinder & wise oak combination?
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Oct 19, 2017, 7:22:34 AM
tanking the phoenix bomb is all related on how hard ur map mods are, this build isn't made to facetank everything. So i wouldn't try to facetank -max res guardian or added dmg has XXXX either. This is a pathfinder build where most of the defense are fortify+ VP n some max res from flask.
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
"
bashtart wrote:
Hi, just a little question... how can you facetank the phoenix fire bomb? Maybe i missed some defensive mechancis but I kinda dont get it :) Is it the pathfinder & wise oak combination?

fortify+wise oak+ nature's boon+ soul of solaris gives great defences and make the char fairly tanky.
i am not too sure if i am "procking" my discharge properly hahahaha the animation i could not tell if its fire, cold then lightning... cold and lighting almost look the same hahaha

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/wickerlink/characters

here is my toon, copied the best i could
Last edited by wickerlink on Nov 7, 2017, 11:50:35 PM
"
wickerlink wrote:
i am not too sure if i am "procking" my discharge properly hahahaha the animation i could not tell if its fire, cold then lightning... cold and lighting almost look the same hahaha

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/wickerlink/characters

here is my toon, copied the best i could

hi,
you are using onslaught in your cyclone setup. you should really swap that out for add acc support. it will provide you with a much better charge generation.
for general mapping, swap out conc effect for something else.
your discharge + EE should work out fine!
I've been playing this character for a week and a bit on HSC and having a blast. I've always had a place in my heart for trigger discharge, especially Mjolner, but Cospri never felt quite right to me. I intend to workshop this character once it drops to standard, but for now it's been excellent playing more or less the stock build. Definitely eased the pain of grinding Atziri and Labs for challenges.

A couple other notes on the character, for those interested:
I was able to bring the build online immediately at 65 (the req for my helmet. Probably could have done it even earlier if I really wanted to). I killed Kitava deathless unascended and tore through all of my labs in succession. The leveling process up to that point wasn't pleasant (I highly recommend the Doomfletch setup recommended in the guide rather than the crap I tried to do). I opted for Alira bandit over Eramir, since all 3 of the stats she gives are very good for the build. Also an Intuitive Leap in the templar jewel socket can save a lot of points while leveling through the early endgame, eventually spending the points to put a "real" jewel in there. I also used an "Intertia" jewel next to Vaal Pact which converts 60 dex to str, plus the 20-something on the jewel itself, which can greatly alleviate your strength needs until you settle into optimized gear. It also lets you cheat a little on jewel expenses, allowing you to spend more money on the more impactful pieces early. Lastly, I borrowed a trick from the old CoC days and slotted and Enduring Cry in one of my spare slots. It means that we're guaranteed a discharge as soon as we hit our first pack of a map or first hit on a boss. Also, since our spell crit is a bit higher than our attack crit, getting a discharge right away decreases the risk of going on a spree of non-crits and dying due to no charge generation. I've been appreciating having access to it a lot. Overall, it was really fun polishing off act 10 and diving right into atziri and maps with the build. Still got a few challenges to take care of, then planning on throwing myself into even harder content. Having a great time, thanks for all your work on refining the build.
Last edited by d3sden0va on Nov 14, 2017, 9:23:58 PM
Thanks for your detailed feedback, nice to hear that you like the build!

Inertia is a great idea if you have problems getting enough str at lower levels!
Hey, was looking to do a Mjolner build for the first time in 3.1 Abyss League and came across yours. Any reason this build couldn't be done today, subbing in the new Shaped cooldown reduction belts for Flow Untethered?
updated for 3.5!
Last edited by Sacr0 on Dec 19, 2018, 2:21:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info