[3.2] Poison Quill rain - 100 arrows per second lag maker

Hi, thanks for the guide.

I dont understand why the damage comes from the added chaos damage ? Would you mind explajning ?
base damage of poison is based on chaos/phy damage so having a large amount of flat chaos scales it better because ur using quil rain which has no dps

playing around with PoB and i feel like Ascendant is the better option.
You picked Ranger start with Raider ascendant then either Occ or Berserker

From Ranger start you pick up all the ailment damage with attacks/bows and from Scion you exit from the left and pick up Scion life wheel, MoM and RT

Theif torment gives mana gain on hit which makes MoM pretty appealing

not sure if 10% to gain a frenzy charge is enough to sustain single target but Scion raider gets Onslaught at full frenzy charges, then you add Occultist(-15% chaos res and 20% inc damage when you kill a cursed enemy) or Berzerker for the 10% more damage and the stackable onslaught when you take a savage hit

another thing is you could use Cospri will instead of snakebites for the last 60% poison chance. you get less life but can use another curse like vuln or enfeeble as well as being able to bypass curse immunity
merp merp
Last edited by Navac on Sep 14, 2017, 11:42:23 PM
Does the '40% less weapon damage' from the Quill Rain only affect the direct hit of barrage with added chaos gem, or does it in turn affect the poison damage base as well?
Last edited by Lenaq on Sep 16, 2017, 4:03:40 PM
"
Grimkhor wrote:
Nice build I really like the idea. I looked into the build and tried to optimize it as much as possible as I don't think raider is the optimal acendancy. With reasonable good endgame gear it should reach 1-2mil dps.

Here is my PoB code for an assasian version: https://pastebin.com/ijtxH7LY.

I may try it out next league if nothing major changes. Thanks alot for the inspiration.

You used 123 points, and using no VF jewels. You're going to have < 5k life with that setup with no defense with a Kaom's Root when you have to put in those VF jewels at level 90. That's gonna get you killed a lot.

Here is one modified with OP's build. It has about 900k dps with flasks up and 700k dps with no flasks up. It has the helm enchant and the quiver enchant as well. Without the Quiver or Helm enchant, we have 700k dps with flasks and 500k dps without flasks. It can probably hit 1 mill dps if you corrupt the bow with +1 arrow as well.

It has 5.7k life, Acro, and AA at level 90, which is pretty good for end-game imo on softcore.

https://pastebin.com/4QgFpQnH

We're all just walkin' through this darkness on our own.
Last edited by Constraint on Sep 17, 2017, 4:29:45 AM
"
Navac wrote:
base damage of poison is based on chaos/phy damage so having a large amount of flat chaos scales it better because ur using quil rain which has no dps

playing around with PoB and i feel like Ascendant is the better option.
You picked Ranger start with Raider ascendant then either Occ or Berserker

From Ranger start you pick up all the ailment damage with attacks/bows and from Scion you exit from the left and pick up Scion life wheel, MoM and RT

Theif torment gives mana gain on hit which makes MoM pretty appealing

not sure if 10% to gain a frenzy charge is enough to sustain single target but Scion raider gets Onslaught at full frenzy charges, then you add Occultist(-15% chaos res and 20% inc damage when you kill a cursed enemy) or Berzerker for the 10% more damage and the stackable onslaught when you take a savage hit

another thing is you could use Cospri will instead of snakebites for the last 60% poison chance. you get less life but can use another curse like vuln or enfeeble as well as being able to bypass curse immunity

https://pastebin.com/DZxTeKVC -- Occ/Raider

This does close to 1 mill damage and has 6.1k life. I don't think MoM is a good idea since it requires many points to get there. You'll be sacrificing lots of damage if you want to make it a tanky char.
We're all just walkin' through this darkness on our own.
In case you haven't noticed, wrecking ball and destroyer both are not specific to melee weapons.

They could be very powerful options for dot damage with bows.
Better version 1.45kk dmg, you dont need barrage jewels, rares are better
and +1 curse amulet is huge
https://pastebin.com/FEkKgn6E
Last edited by mortallol on Sep 23, 2017, 3:41:49 PM
"
Constraint wrote:
"
Grimkhor wrote:
Nice build I really like the idea. I looked into the build and tried to optimize it as much as possible as I don't think raider is the optimal acendancy. With reasonable good endgame gear it should reach 1-2mil dps.

Here is my PoB code for an assasian version: https://pastebin.com/ijtxH7LY.

I may try it out next league if nothing major changes. Thanks alot for the inspiration.

You used 123 points, and using no VF jewels. You're going to have < 5k life with that setup with no defense with a Kaom's Root when you have to put in those VF jewels at level 90. That's gonna get you killed a lot.

Here is one modified with OP's build. It has about 900k dps with flasks up and 700k dps with no flasks up. It has the helm enchant and the quiver enchant as well. Without the Quiver or Helm enchant, we have 700k dps with flasks and 500k dps without flasks. It can probably hit 1 mill dps if you corrupt the bow with +1 arrow as well.

It has 5.7k life, Acro, and AA at level 90, which is pretty good for end-game imo on softcore.

https://pastebin.com/4QgFpQnH

It's a snowflake build and no t1 build. Please have no illusions here. I don't think this build is good for beginners regardless of variation. It will work for what it's intended to kill stuff fast for a very reasonable price. It's intended by me to be at a higher dps point. I think you lack a bit of experience at high level play looking at your changes.

Phase Acro sucks. You can take Acro, but without reflect issues you don't need it. A dodge/hit or hit/hit are indiffrent if you refill your life between hits. Also you waste all the evasion you have because you don't take Iron Reflexes and take Acro.

Scaling is very bad in your variation. What will you do if you don't have a +2 barrage helm? My build will drop to 1 mil damage with bad gear, but yours won't have enough dps.

In my opinion VF jewels suck and I would never use them. You clear with tornado shot.

If you want a tanky version Scion MoM is imo the way to go, but you will reach alot less dps.
Last edited by Grimkhor on Oct 3, 2017, 1:52:26 PM
Hiya! First off, good job making this build, first time i actually enjoyed levelling a toon. Just wanted to ask which ascendancy do you prefer more, Chase or Veil O wO
so.. why dont you mention vulnerability / witchfire brew flask anywhere in guide? its plain dmg over time modifier on witchfire, and more dmg over time on vulnerability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info