[3.2] Poison Quill rain - 100 arrows per second lag maker

"
Jezvin wrote:
Between Purity, thief's torment, and belly of the beast you get 76% to all res. That leaves 59% to cap between your quiver, neck, and belt. You can add in helm also because devoto's is for defense and is not really needed until hard end game fights.

Once you add in devoto's it gets tough, I'm only sitting at cap res 75% atm but I also don't have much res on my quiver or neck because I went for the most damage I could. Also thief's torment has 50% curse reduction so you don't need as much over cap if you are worried about that too.

Would you recommend switching over to Koam's heart and focus on resist on helm, quiver, neck, and belt? (i've a koam but not belly). Also any reason not taking phase acrobatic?
"
xela2016 wrote:
"
Jezvin wrote:
Between Purity, thief's torment, and belly of the beast you get 76% to all res. That leaves 59% to cap between your quiver, neck, and belt. You can add in helm also because devoto's is for defense and is not really needed until hard end game fights.

Once you add in devoto's it gets tough, I'm only sitting at cap res 75% atm but I also don't have much res on my quiver or neck because I went for the most damage I could. Also thief's torment has 50% curse reduction so you don't need as much over cap if you are worried about that too.

Would you recommend switching over to Koam's heart and focus on resist on helm, quiver, neck, and belt? (i've a koam but not belly). Also any reason not taking phase acrobatic?

You wouldn't want to switch to Kaom's heart because you won't be able to run CWDT IC. With Kaom's roots you get hit by everything so you need the CWDT.

But, if you really want to switch to Kaom's heart you will probably want to get to phase acrobatics and probably switch the boots to Atziri's step and then run cwdt on those. But that opens you up to being stunned. It will make resist a little bit harder to get also the skill tree would be tighter but I don't think you would need as much strength so it could work.
hello, i'm really interested by your guide, but i'm a HC players, do you think you can do a HC version of the build ?
"
Jezvin wrote:
"
xela2016 wrote:
"
Jezvin wrote:

You wouldn't want to switch to Kaom's heart because you won't be able to run CWDT IC. With Kaom's roots you get hit by everything so you need the CWDT.

But, if you really want to switch to Kaom's heart you will probably want to get to phase acrobatics and probably switch the boots to Atziri's step and then run cwdt on those. But that opens you up to being stunned. It will make resist a little bit harder to get also the skill tree would be tighter but I don't think you would need as much strength so it could work.

Great many thanks I'll try it out tonight. Really wants to make it works but i'm still missing a few pieces. Leveling is a bliss watching boss melts
"
malboyoo wrote:
hello, i'm really interested by your guide, but i'm a HC players, do you think you can do a HC version of the build ?

I don't recommend it but if you want to try I can tell ya why and what to be aware of.

If you just want to farm maps and avoid guardians and shaper it might work. Guardians and shaper have too much 1 shot potential to actually risk doing it in HC. I had to sacrifice HP for move speed to be able to beat shaper to avoid the slams and clear chimera clouds/adds before I died.

You don't have HP, using thief's torment and devoto's you don't have hp in those slots and the tree really only gives you 180% life. So your only at 5700 if you follow my build and with kaom's roots you get hit by everything.

Also Shavrone and the promenade boss put up an instant shield that you will instantly 1 shot yourself if you are attacking them. So core map, Promenade, scriptorium you will not be able to run the risk is far too high it would be almost completely RNG if you survive. There is no stopping attacking you will just instantly die there does not seem to be an animation for it. It is an on hit lightning damage shield that does more than the 60 life on hit.

Generally having 5.7k hp and being hit by everything will be a risk. I would suggest doing what I told the person wanting to use koam's heart is doing and switch to atziri and getting phase acrobatic but that will make your 1 shot potential quicker. This leaves you with almost the same HP though because kaom's roots also gives so much.

Overall if you want to use it to farm t8-t12s in HC and ignore all map mods then it might work for that. I don't play HC so I don't really know how squishy some builds are but I feel like I die too much on this build. Most of the time if you are face tanking something the only indication that you can't face tank the mob is that you die there is no real half way between it. Also blind can be a killer if you don't have the pantheon.

Humm, i Can do a version of the build completely different.

With Iron reflex, kaom's Heart, rare Helm with life (no devoto).

For life on hit i get the gem or poacher mark, and this way i Can use 2 rare ring with life/res/dmg.

"
malboyoo wrote:
Humm, i Can do a version of the build completely different.

With Iron reflex, kaom's Heart, rare Helm with life (no devoto).

For life on hit i get the gem or poacher mark, and this way i Can use 2 rare ring with life/res/dmg.

I thought of these too -

Iron reflex - it wouldn't do much with unwavering stance (kaom's root) removed Dex' bonus to evasion and body armor not evasion based (kaom's heart)? Or you've some other boot in mind? In this case what about stun immune?

life on hit i get the gem or poacher mark - Also thought of using life gain on hit gem (up to 44 hp per hit) but the poison dmg will be greatly reduced. Poacher's mark would result with the same life gain but you'll need to invest heavily (+1 curse with vaal / aura / passive node which is far / +1 curse ring)?

Last edited by xela2016 on Aug 24, 2017, 11:40:19 AM
Switch out of the thief's torment would mean you couldn't run hex proof maps and maybe some curse resistant bosses because you require the mana on hit to keep the barrage going. You can try it and I did a lot of leveling with blasphemy poachers mark before I had enough to buy a thief's torment on launch and it worked but wasn't too smooth.
Have you thought about using the Haemophilia gloves?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Haemophilia

I'm a forum noob.
Wouldn't dying sun double/triple the amount of arrows?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info