Music.

The music is great. Do not change anything!
Last edited by Banger on Oct 24, 2013, 6:36:50 AM
The music in the Library is awesome and fits the area perfectly.
Not an issue, just a question.

The song that plays during the credits, and the last piece used w/ dominus.. are they going to be added to the extended OST anytime soon? Or are they there already, and i just need to re-download?
-Zombie#1- "That guy has passed right over us 3 times now..shouldnt we be popping out to attack?"
-Zombie#2- "No way, you saw what he did to our friends. Lets just stay down here where its safe.
Besides, you heard how angry he is..keeps shouting something about needing the last 2 to clear.."

"
Wolfarus wrote:
Not an issue, just a question.

The song that plays during the credits, and the last piece used w/ dominus.. are they going to be added to the extended OST anytime soon? Or are they there already, and i just need to re-download?

This. The "Sceptre of God" music from the EST doesn't seem to match what plays in game; hoping it gets updated in the download at some point.

"
Primislas wrote:

The reason I decided to post, however, is actually a bit of curiosity - what is the strings (I assume) instrument used ever so subtly throughout the soundtrack? (As can be heard most prominently in "Solaris Temple" at 5:12.) Or is it some sort of digital wizardry? :)

Sounds to me like a piano? :) I'd love some interviews with Adgio Hutchings about the influences and creative process for the soundtrack...
Music in this game is insanely good. Really great work there! Thank you! :)
So any feedback from the dev's on the missing pieces of music from the ost's?
-Zombie#1- "That guy has passed right over us 3 times now..shouldnt we be popping out to attack?"
-Zombie#2- "No way, you saw what he did to our friends. Lets just stay down here where its safe.
Besides, you heard how angry he is..keeps shouting something about needing the last 2 to clear.."

"
Erik wrote:
BrecMadak:

We have chosen to go with a more foreboding sound rather than truly dark ambient tunes. The thinking here is push the anticipation more than making it depressive, if that makes any sense? Either way if you have any examples of something that would fit well I would be happy to listen to it.

Well I think you nailed it. Imperial gardens on my first play through turned my stomach into a knot, especially since I only play hardcore and I have the constant fear of death. The devourers popping up, especially in the maze when I ran too far in and got attacked by like 5 or 6 + a rare/unique. I thought I was going to die, and the music was just perfect for such a setting. I love it. Great work :)
Hi all,

Just wanted to say that the in-game music is ace. I actually after 300+ hours still like hearing it! My favorite tune is what plays at the forest encampment and it is the same tune I think in the area where you kill the Over Shadow. I love it!

Cheers
NOTE: My thread about Boss Battle Theme Music has been moved here.

////////////////////////////////////////////

To put it short, I think most of the main boss battle themes lack in excitement, per se, something that gets players' adrenaline going for a good boss battle.

Sure, most players use their own playlist while playing games, but PoE needs more memorable boss battle themes that will leave lasting impressions during (and long after) main boss battles are over.

These are psychological qualities that keep players coming back for more, and while it may seem like nothing more than unimportant petty detail at this time, down the road for the future of PoE these things will be important.

Esper Battle - FF 12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COG3R3Km-Zk

Here is an example of a boss type I am suggesting where a track like the above (or of better quality) would play:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/763768

I think it's time PoE gets a true, memorable boss battle complete with a lasting impression battle theme.

Dominus at this time is a lag-fest boss, and Piety (I'm sure others would agree) is the only boss that comes close to what makes a boss a boss, but she still misses the mark in some areas.

Anyway, some of that is a little off topic regarding Music, but if you guys aren't going to bother with cutscenes (like most games do,) dedicate the time into awesome boss battles and boss battle themes.

Your thoughts?
HeavyMetalGear
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Feb 16, 2014, 7:53:21 PM
I believe that their should be more epic/dramatic music for boss fights as well to make it more memorable and for people to go "OMG THIS BOSS!" It really would add a climatic impact in the fight and an overall more exciting experience for players. (Maybe take this into consideration for future bosses like in Act 4). Other than that, I think the music is great.
Get <RÉK†> - Epitome of Indifference
(Need an amazing guild?) PM me, RECRUITING PEOPLE!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info