Audio Feedback.

I have actually added in a fair amount of gore audio, should come through with the next patch I think!
The audio guy.
Sounds nice!
how about an option to change npc/boss/animation noises independently of other dound effects (I want to hear what the whispering ghosts on the way to act 1 boss are saying etc, right now they are low compared to combat/environmental sounds and get drowned out)
Andrew_GGG, i must had report you WAY before but somehow i missed...

All sounds of natives (stone throwers, melee fighters etc) are bad, and especially when male ones die they quite remind me the death sound of blood clans in D2, almost exactly.

And second worst sound as a monster imo is goatmen. They gotta be a lot more guttural and brutal, i think i had mentioned this before, but sounds of these two monsters especially are out of place and annoying.

Hope these will be changed in 0.9.9 patch cause they really ruin the atmosphere badly, thanks for reading.

Edit: Also, zombies deserve to sound a lot better, you can just inspire from Diablo I, there were not many on numbers but they were delivering quite fine.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Apr 27, 2012, 1:15:10 PM
mm shure why not im agree with you!!
The witch making grunting sounds doesn't really fit when she is casting spells. They seem more appropriate for wielding a big heavy 2-handed weapon. perhaps they could be made less grunt like? Music and other sounds are great though.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
Swords, Rapiers, Daggers, etc. need a real slashing/stabbing sound. ATM it just sounds like I am clashing two metallic kettles against each other, when I strike with my DW Rapier Duelist
"
Faerie_Storm wrote:
The witch making grunting sounds doesn't really fit when she is casting spells. They seem more appropriate for wielding a big heavy 2-handed weapon. perhaps they could be made less grunt like? Music and other sounds are great though.

You have that one answered on the first page:
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
This is because all characters are using a temporary sound set, eventually we will be recording a large amount of dialogue and other character sounds! So for now it can't be changed.

:)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Oh you are the sounddesigner, lovely to get to talk like this on the forum with you. I am a real soundfanatic and I think there is overall good sounds in the game but I think some might lack some punch that make it feel more powerful. I haven't played all classes but firestorm, poisonarrow could have a bit more to them, also infernal blow (if it's the one I think, both sound and look of this one is kinda weak), cleave could have a bigger sweepsound with more punch like ripping through flesh and armor.

One thing also is that sound should level with the gem somehow, start of a bit weaker and like not bad sound but good sound just weaker to indicate that you are not as strong yet. And then gradually build the soundeffect just as I would like the skills to change a bit over time. Like a firestorm spell starting off with 1-2 balls raining down, then 3-4, then 5-6 and then 3-4 bigger meteors and the sound increase with that and finally it's like shitload on the screen with really heavy blasts and fire and rocks cracking the earth. That is one thing that I miss with the game, sound stay the same and spells look the same from level 1-70 with small exceptions of multiple support gems and such.

Another thing I noticed the sound is weird since last patch, it dissapear way to much, before there was a weird build of the sounds stacking but that was actually cooler as a powerful effect than sound just not connecting with the hit at all. I went through fellshrine and it felt in this new patch everything was so silent and weird somehow and the sound was not behaving as before and to be honest it felt boring since for me sound is 70% of a game, shitty sound and I wont play it. It also feels like the sound got softer but maybe that is just the sound getting cancelled out.

I somehow always felt it would be nice to work with sounddesign but never really knew where to started. Sound and music is always the first thing I notice when I play a game and if this game didn't have good sound I wouldn't play it and I do play it alot. But since last patch it felt weird so look into that please.

Also I would love to help with feedback more and such so if you need some honest opinions and ideas of sounds to fix let me know. I mean if the basic sound is bad it's like polishing a turd, it wont matter what you do. But I will pay more attention to the sound when I play next time, some skills have amazing sounds and some are more medioker. If you can find awesome sounds for all characters and all skills then it's a winner, half the power is in the looks, but the other half if not more is in the sound.

Loved what you done so far, like the ambient music also so keep it up.
Last edited by M3ssiah on May 10, 2012, 9:22:46 AM
Just went into play again and I just can't anymore, this is so sad I loved the game but fellshrine is so boring now on merciless even, barely any enemies and the sound is not there as it should. What have you guys done, I have to stop playing it even if it breaks my heart but it's just boring.

Can add that it's the poison arrow with lesser multiple projectile with faster attacks, and faster projectilespeed and increased critical strike on a 5 linked bow. Haven't tried my other skills yet to see if those also affect, might do that later but right now I just feel dissapointed because I was looking forward to playing today and the game is just not the same, maybe it is the sound mostly that is so weird but I don't know.

Another thing is that I liked fellshrine as it was instead of making that also darker. Don't go back and change the Mona Lisa, if it was good don't change it. But sound has to come back as it was with all the bells and whistles I heard before and more enemies in fellshrine this is just boring and I have bought 3 betakeys that is how much I like the game but I feel abit cheated now, hope it gets fixed soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info