Audio Feedback.

I also get the random out of place pops. Good to know my headphones arent busted and that I'm not going insane.

It is slightly annoying but at now at least I have the peace of mind knowing that it isn't caused by my setup.
Not sure if this has been mentioned before or if it goes in here but, in Act 2 town there seems be a sound of wind blowing here and there. Now I don't know if it's some malfunction on my end, but this sounds really poor, more like someone lightly exhaling into a microphone that's too close to their mouth. My suggestion is to maybe look at it (or rather listen) and think about putting some better windy sounds in in the future.
"
boof wrote:
Not sure if this has been mentioned before or if it goes in here but, in Act 2 town there seems be a sound of wind blowing here and there. Now I don't know if it's some malfunction on my end, but this sounds really poor, more like someone lightly exhaling into a microphone that's too close to their mouth. My suggestion is to maybe look at it (or rather listen) and think about putting some better windy sounds in in the future.

Interesting, I'll check it out.
The audio guy.
The opening lines for the Shadow upon arrival on the beach "..now where in gods arse am I" are barely audible, volume has dropped very low. The rest of his lines are fine.
Every time I close the game there is a very loud and short sound. Don't know how to describe it. My sound card is a Realtek one with the latest drivers and I am on 5.1 speaker configuration.
The Vaal Oversoul theme is a great track. Is there any official place for an official mp3 file download or do I need to take that from the content file somehow?

I'm a big fan of electronic music/IDM (hate that term tho)/breakstuff/etc and this tune whenever I fight vaal I ALWAYS crank up the volume.

also, any other tracks from the producer of this?

and props to overall audio in this game great stuff guys keep it up
Hi..
Is this or similiar mentioned here..?

I've running my upgraded sounds perfectly fine, all sounds works on desktop (of windows 7 64bit), and all my other games runs perfectly my Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty (pci-e 1x card) with SPID Out (Optical digital output). However the only program I've found in 4 months is that Path of Exile stays fully muted.
Any fix for getting sounds working on using spdif out?
Edit: I've tried to set up Creative Alchemy with no any effect, game stays fully muted.
Last edited by MikkoMansikka on Dec 7, 2013, 7:20:27 PM
"
AnaLoGMunKy wrote:
I still get footsteps popping and sometimes its really not nice as I have a semi-pro sound rig, so big speakers and loud pops. I use a firewire Focusrite Pro24 external soundcard run it at 24bit 48kHz. Is the game ok with that?

Also, just wanna pass along my kudos about the sound , fantastic stuff. The sound FX and music are well suited and in general are awesome. Voice acting is impressive and I love that you get different accents in there. Im sick of American accents right now, sorry to all you 'mericans! out there :) mind you, the Scottish Templar accent just sounds like a badly done Billy Connoly haha! (Im Scottish btw) Still, love it!

Holy crap. I tried 3 different sound cards (Creative Audigy ZS, Onboard Realtek, and Xonar DS) trying to solve this popping/clicking sound, and it turns out it's a known issue.

I thought the Xonar DS fixed it, but soon realized it did not.

I still hear it even when using the -swa switch.

I hope you guys fix this, because it's very noticeable to anyone with a quality sound-system (Sennheiser headphones here). I understand it's not highest priority, though.
I wanted to ask who at GGG fine tuned and picked the sound effects during the Dominus fight? Whoever it was, great job. Without trying to go off topic I recently saw the trailer for spiderman 2 at an imax theater and near the end of it there is a scene with many lightning like effects. And during that entire part all I could think of is, "this is pretty tame and unimpressive compared to the shivers I got up my back during the Dominus fight whenever he used his Lightning stream or Lightning Fist." It felt like comparing a tiny little electric spark versus the raw sound of a nearby lightning strike during a thunderstorm. So Great job. truly. :)

On another note though. Dominus' second form isn't as menacing in terms of sound. It's largely driven by the really good soundtrack (which in and of itself adds a feeling of an epic fight) and not any alien buglike screaching which I think could add to his presence. I don't really know what Dominus' ascended form is supposed to actually be, is it the Beast taking physical form? Anyway, adding a powerful vocal marker maybe to one of his attacks could be a very neat touch :)

Glad you like the lightning sounds! Its actually original sound design I did using synths, so its made from scratch.

The audio guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info